2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Sport Appearance interior package, any sightings?

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/06, 09:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Sport Appearance interior package, any sightings?

Just when I thought I had the 2007 interior color schemes figured out, an auction shows up on eBay that flies in the face of what I was thinking Both of the pictures below are of the Premier Trim Package. This seems strange, because the color schemes are quite different. The chamois version has trim colored seats and door panel inserts while the dove version has black seats and door panel inserts with other components being the accent color. I originally thought the chamois was the PTP and the dove was the SAP, but this is not the case, these are both the PTP!! So.... has anyone actually seen the SAP? I have been pouring over all the new '07 photos when they are posted here and elsewhere and have also checked all the eBay auctions for 07's and I have yet to see an SAP equipped car. I'm curious what the color scheme for the SAP will be.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Sport Appearance interior package, any sightings?-chamois3.jpg   2007 Sport Appearance interior package, any sightings?-ptp-2.jpg  
Old 7/7/06, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

They cannot be both PPTP...you were correct the first time.

All PPTP are same color seets with all black interior...like the chamois.
Old 7/7/06, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

So one would think, but in fact both of the above have been verified to have PTP and not SAP via the window sticker. Also both have the "wrapped & stitched" console lid, dash pad & armrests. This is a feature of the PTP only, it is not on the SAP. On top of that, both of the above also have IUP, and IUP is not available with SAP. One member here tried ordering SAP with IUP at a dealership and the system would not accept it.
Old 7/7/06, 08:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the first is ISAP and IUP and the second is IUP no SAP. Not sure about the PTP here. IMO
Old 7/7/06, 08:16 PM

I saw a black and dove SAP tonight on a V6, it is very similar to the black/dove PTP with the exception that I noticed being the seats do not have the perforated seating surface, of course no stitched dash, console lid or armrests. I did not notice about the shifter or the pedals if they are the same as PTP or not.

I picked up my 07 Vista Blue GT tonight with the Black/Dove PTP, it does look sharp! Can't wait to give the car a good break-in run over the weekend.
Old 7/7/06, 10:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
I think the first is ISAP and IUP and the second is IUP no SAP. Not sure about the PTP here. IMO
I know it doesn't make sense, but as I mentioned before both of those pictures are of cars verified to have PTP and IUP (via the window sticker). Neither has SAP. The window sticker is backed up by the fact that they both have IUP which is not available with SAP, and they both have the stitched components which are also not available with SAP. I was convinced until two days ago that the black seats scheme was SAP, but I was proven wrong when an auction showed up on eBay with the window sticker and closeup photos showing the IUP and stitched components. I am really blown away that Ford is basically inverting color schemes within the PTP, it is going to make for some very confusing ordering. My ordered '07 has PTP with red, and I have no idea which of the above schemes it's going to be at this point. I'm assuming it'll be like the chamois scheme *with red seats/ door panel insert), but there's no telling.

Originally Posted by VistaMike
I saw a black and dove SAP tonight on a V6, it is very similar to the black/dove PTP with the exception that I noticed being the seats do not have the perforated seating surface, of course no stitched dash, console lid or armrests. I did not notice about the shifter or the pedals if they are the same as PTP or not.

I picked up my 07 Vista Blue GT tonight with the Black/Dove PTP, it does look sharp! Can't wait to give the car a good break-in run over the weekend.
Great, thanks for the info! Maybe the SAP is only on V6's. Congrats on your GT!! Is your interior like the above photo? If so that's a great combo to go with the blue exterior!
Old 7/7/06, 10:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I picked up my 07 Vista Blue GT tonight with the Black/Dove PTP, it does look sharp! Can't wait to give the car a good break-in run over the weekend.[/quote]

We can't wait for pics
Old 7/7/06, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VistaMike

Pics Pics Pics....you gotta post them.

I ordered the same thing as soon...still waiting for mine. Hopefully next week. In the mean time, you gotta show me what it looks like.
Old 7/8/06, 05:33 PM

Pictures

Took a couple of quick pictures, more to follow when I get time.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...A/P1010019.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...A/P1010017.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...A/P1010018.jpg

2007 Vista Blue GT
5 Speed Manual Transmission
3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Axle
Black/Dove Premium Trim Package
Comfort Group
Interior Upgrade Package
Front Seat Side Air Bags
18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
Rear Spoiler Delete
Active Anti-Theft System
Old 7/8/06, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok...now i'm REALLY confused.

Mike,
What your saying is that you got is these options:
(18G) Interior Upgrade Package
(68B) Premier Trim With Color Accent Package (Black/Dove accent) (KD)
Old 7/8/06, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by CannonBaller

Mike,
What your saying is that you got is these options:
(18G) Interior Upgrade Package
(68B) Premier Trim With Color Accent Package (Black/Dove accent) (KD)
That is correct.
Old 7/8/06, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

She's a real beauty Mike, congrats!! That's an excellent color combo!!

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
That was my reaction when I saw the first pic of the black/ dove interior and found out it was the PTP. I've now seen 3 cars equipped with PTP with dove grey and they all look like Mike's. I've seen 2 chamois interiors with PTP and they both look like the pic I posted above, a totally different scheme from the dove. It is bizarre that Ford is doing this! So far no pics have surfaced of the red and parchment PTP. I'm guessing the red will be like the chamois and the parchment will be like the dove. There's also black PTP, there have been some pictures of that but it's basically an all-black interior, so nothing unusual there.
Old 7/8/06, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Maybe the SAP is only on V6's.
I have it ordered on my '07 GT with the light graphite interior. The order guide says it is available on both V6 and GT.
Old 7/8/06, 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

That was my reaction when I saw the first pic of the black/ dove interior and found out it was the PTP. I've now seen 3 cars equipped with PTP with dove grey and they all look like Mike's. I've seen 2 chamois interiors with PTP and they both look like the pic I posted above, a totally different scheme from the dove. It is bizarre that Ford is doing this! So far no pics have surfaced of the red and parchment PTP. I'm guessing the red will be like the chamois and the parchment will be like the dove. There's also black PTP, there have been some pictures of that but it's basically an all-black interior, so nothing unusual there.
Well then there is only one explanation. Ford screwed up on the assembly line!!!! When they start pumping out Graphite/black SAP interiors people will be really pissed. Since PTP costs more then SAP.

Well, I ordered mine just like Mikes. Should be able to see it at the dealer this week. I live in Canada and we don't have the SAP option. So should be interesting to see what we get in Canada.
Old 7/8/06, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I had to go back over the order guide and check again.
It clearly states:

PREMIER TRIM WITH COLOR ACCENT PACKAGE (68B)

•
Chamois, Red, Black, Dove and Parchment sport bucket leather front and
rear seating surfaces with matching color front door trim inserts and floor

•
Dark Charcoal interior environment with Dark Charcoal carpet

SPORT APPEARANCE PACKAGE W/COLOR ACCENT (18M)

•
Black interior components providing contrast with Graphite or Parchment
interiors

As we can all see teh PTP specifically says Color Seathing surface and all black interior environment. Not Black interior components like the SAP.

If my car comes messed up like Mikes order, i'll get my dealer to call the product manager to see what the hell is going on.

Somebody defininetly mis-labled the options in the assembly line machines.
Old 7/9/06, 01:01 AM
Cobra Member

I agree with you 100%, what is being produced (at least the "dove" color) most definitely does not match the order guide. Based on the order guide, the PTP should be an all black interior with the trim color only on the seats and door panel inserts (like the chamois pics). The dove pictures more closely match the description for the SAP which states the seats and inserts are black. It's very odd. I have red PTP on order and right now am not sure what I'll be getting.

Tony, when's your car due? Yours may be the first pics we get to see of the SAP
Old 7/9/06, 01:04 AM
Cobra Member

By the way, I don't think this is an assembly line error, I think somewhere along the line Ford changed their minds and they haven't updated the order guide yet. The sales brochures aren't going to be out until August, it will be interesting to see what those show.
Old 7/9/06, 01:23 AM
Bullitt Member

By the way, I don't think this is an assembly line error, I think somewhere along the line Ford changed their minds and they haven't updated the order guide yet. The sales brochures aren't going to be out until August, it will be interesting to see what those show.
If your right...then looks like i'll be placing a new order with an all black interior. Realy Sucks... i was looking forward to the dove PTP.
Might just put it off till 2008.

Guess well see when my order arrives at the dealer next week.
Old 7/9/06, 04:34 AM

You are right about the Parchment/Black PTP, I have seen one and it is the same scheme as my Dove/Black.

When I originally ordered the car, as we all know the order guide is somewhat lacking in detail and I didn't know what to expect. I had hoped for the opposite combination or better yet Black seats with color inserts. I first saw my combination a couple of weeks ago and had the same reaction as Cannonballer, but as I looked at it more the better I liked it. The distinct advantage with the combination the way it came is that the seats will not show everyday dirt as easily so I now feel in my case that I am very happy with the way it turned out. The other nice thing about it is that the lighter color accent gives the feel of more room, I especially like the headliner being in the Dove color.

As I have seen it so far the SAP does not have the same seating surfaces, there is no perforated leather seating in the SAP, I do expect the scheme to be the same however.

Here is some ironic facts about my purchase, just for the fun of it.

This is an 07 Mustang which is the 7th car I have purchased from this dealer and I took delivery on 7/7, the price has 7 digits. Anyone think I should play the lottery this week?
Old 7/9/06, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Tony, when's your car due? Yours may be the first pics we get to see of the SAP
It's scheduled for production the week of July 24. Delivery is hopefully within 2 weeks or less after that. As an aside, I got it without IUP and with cloth seats. I don't expect to have the satin door handles, satin rocker trim pieces, MyColor instrument cluster. I believe the seats will be black with the ponies on them, steering wheel will have aluminum spokes, and the shift **** will be the standard one with a satin insert. Last, I think I will have black carpet, black floor mats, and black door trim inserts.

I guess we will see!

Quick Reply: 2007 Sport Appearance interior package, any sightings?