2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2007+ Colors?

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/06, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get promoted on 1 Mar 06! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

That means.... I can finally sit down and order my 'Stang for 2007! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Now a few questions...

Have colors for 2007 been confirmed? And what is the possibability of getting the car painted a DIFFERENT color than what Ford offers on Mustangs? Like another color Ford offers on a different vehicle. I loved the dark shadow gray color. Tungsten is nice, just not dark enough gray for me. I think the Focus or F150 has DSG as a color option. (I'm also partial to tropic green and dark highland green).

Grille: I'll be ordering a GT most definately. I love the grille in the following link (called the Heritage Mesh Grille). Can't find one that will fit a GT though. Anyone know of any (or where a similar one can be found)?
I'd be blacking out the chromed mesh part anyway... just leaving the chrome pony, corral, and "spikes" comming from the corral.

There's a few more things, but will be directed toward the dealer I'm 99.9% sure I'll buy from *ahem ISELLFORD ahem* sometime in the future when its closer to time to order. Mainly concerning aftermarket addons like remote start, t-lock diff, ect.

EDIT: I'm a dummy. Forgot to post a link to the grille. HERE Though I do feel like that grille (on a GT) lacks something besides blacking out the mesh part. Suggestions?
Old 2/21/06, 04:45 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Alloy Grey, available in 2007, is a dark charcoal metallic. You can have your car painted any color you want, after you get it.
Old 2/21/06, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 21, 2006, 6:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Alloy Grey, available in 2007, is a dark charcoal metallic. You can have your car painted any color you want, after you get it.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I know I can get it painted how I like after I have it. But its not the same as arriving from the factory the exact color you want. But this Alloy Grey intrigues me. Are there any pictures floating around yet?

*goes to search for pictures of Alloy Grey*
Old 2/21/06, 04:58 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
None yet, but the TMS spies are out in force.
Old 2/21/06, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats Nick on the promotion!! I look forward to seeing your car when you do get it!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

P.S. What do you do at Wright Pat?
Old 2/21/06, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ February 21, 2006, 7:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats Nick on the promotion!! I look forward to seeing your car when you do get it!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

P.S. What do you do at Wright Pat?
[/b][/quote]

Medical Laboratory Journeyman for the 88th Diagnostics and Theraputics Squadron

I mainly work in hematology, with some coagulation thrown in. Its a thankless job, but one that potentially saves (or ruins) lives. Finding leukemia is never a good thing. But finding leukemia in someone who has a chance of survival before it gets out of hand is rewarding.

Another dumb question: For painting the heritage grille, what type of paint should be used so it doesn't wash away in the rain or some other nonsense?
Old 2/21/06, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarBird69 @ February 21, 2006, 5:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I get promoted on 1 Mar 06! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

That means.... I can finally sit down and order my 'Stang for 2007! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Now a few questions...

Have colors for 2007 been confirmed? And what is the possibability of getting the car painted a DIFFERENT color than what Ford offers on Mustangs? Like another color Ford offers on a different vehicle. I loved the dark shadow gray color. Tungsten is nice, just not dark enough gray for me. I think the Focus or F150 has DSG as a color option. (I'm also partial to tropic green and dark highland green).

Grille: I'll be ordering a GT most definately. I love the grille in the following link (called the Heritage Mesh Grille). Can't find one that will fit a GT though. Anyone know of any (or where a similar one can be found)?
I'd be blacking out the chromed mesh part anyway... just leaving the chrome pony, corral, and "spikes" comming from the corral.

There's a few more things, but will be directed toward the dealer I'm 99.9% sure I'll buy from *ahem ISELLFORD ahem* sometime in the future when its closer to time to order. Mainly concerning aftermarket addons like remote start, t-lock diff, ect.

EDIT: I'm a dummy. Forgot to post a link to the grille. HERE Though I do feel like that grille (on a GT) lacks something besides blacking out the mesh part. Suggestions?
[/b][/quote]

When i clicked on the link it took me to a page that said that was a grille for a GT.... am I missing something?
Old 2/21/06, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarBird69 @ February 21, 2006, 9:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I mainly work in hematology, with some coagulation thrown in. Its a thankless job, but one that potentially saves (or ruins) lives. Finding leukemia is never a good thing. But finding leukemia in someone who has a chance of survival before it gets out of hand is rewarding.[/b][/quote]Thank you, my youngest sister is a survivor. It is probably why I also take care of cancer patients. Alloy grey should look great on this car, but what about your choice in wheels? Color and wheels, so hard to decide.
Old 2/21/06, 09:58 PM
GT Member

Congrats Nick, you're going to love it.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

If I had any patience I would have waited for an Alloy Gray.
I can't wait to see what that will look like.

I used to live and work in Fairborn near the base.
I purchased my GT from Eastgate Ford, it was a pretty
good experience.
Old 2/22/06, 02:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll never deal with Eastgate Ford again!

Get this: so I'm browsing the lot, looking at the 'Stang's, and a salesman approaches me... and I quote:

"If you aren't going to buy anything I'm going to have to ask you to leave" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img]

With thoughts of firebombs and kicking salesmen in their ding-ding, I deceided it would be best to leave before I was hauled away.

As far as wheels: I love the pony package wheels (17" buillets with pony center cap). But we'll see what wheel selections are for 07 before a final decision is made.
Old 2/22/06, 05:51 AM
Cobra Member

I've seen the Alloy color in person back in August.. but there was no way I could've gotten a picture. I would've gotten in HUGE trouble for it.

It looks bad hiney in person.. super dark.. close to black really.. very evil looking.
Old 2/22/06, 09:50 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy V6 @ February 22, 2006, 7:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've seen the Alloy color in person back in August.. but there was no way I could've gotten a picture. I would've gotten in HUGE trouble for it.

It looks bad hiney in person.. super dark.. close to black really.. very evil looking.
[/b][/quote]

Wright-Patt. One of my favorite places.I work for a large Dayton based mechanical contractor that does alot of work out there. A few years ago i was doing design work on building 65 and happened to get a good view of the b-2 in the restoration hangers.

i bought my 05 at interstate. they had the only one in the area that was like i wanted. yellow, preium v-6 dark charcoal leather, IUP, sports package and 5 speed. Went down there to look at it and drive it. The salesman got kind of crappy after i drove it. Did not want to even talk numbers unless i was 100% sure i wanted it. I had my trade in title and checkbook in my back pocket. I got ticked and left. Came back next night and left with the car an hour later. different salesman of course!

is this the grille you want?

i have taken mine off. i'll make ya agood deal on it if you are interested.
Old 2/22/06, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

That is the grille I want! Except I'll need one that fits a GT (accounting for the fogs). Interstate Ford is a pretty good dealership (Along with Planet Ford). Had my 02 'Stang serviced at Interstate ford just last week (had to replace drivers side window motor).

Any idea when the 07 order guide will be out, so I can begin finalizations on option selections, number crunching, ect?
Old 2/22/06, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Ohio Here Springfield to be exact.

I got mine from New Carisle Ford.

You should really check them out. Look for Danielle, she was my sales person.

Interstate gave me a bad taste
Eastgate was no better for me.
Believe me I had been to all the dealers around.
Stay away from Ricard in Columbus, they put 5k mark ups on all the Tungsten that came in just because it was a new color.
Old 2/23/06, 08:49 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats WarBird! Whats your new rank?

I sew on SrA in Aug, and I've started a downpayment plan through AAFES for a 2007 GT
Old 2/23/06, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 21, 2006, 6:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
None yet, but the TMS spies are out in force.
[/b][/quote]

Alloy is an amazing color...way darker than MinGrey & DSG and its not as blah as DSG...the color kinda pops

when i was in Detroit this summer with amy...we drove around the ford lots....saw an stang painted that color...it almost had to be...because it wasnt MG/DSG/Tungsten

but pics were a nono as we were most likely being watched the entire time we were in that lot [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangfreak @ February 23, 2006, 10:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Congrats WarBird! Whats your new rank?

I sew on SrA in Aug, and I've started a downpayment plan through AAFES for a 2007 GT
[/b][/quote]

As of 1 Mar 06, you may refer to me as SSgt WarBird69! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Tomcat.gif[/img]

And what is this you speak of? A downpayment plan through AAFES? Please continue! Details man! And congrats on SrA. Get your CDC's done in a timely fasion, stay out of trouble, and at least crack the spine on your PFE once in a while.
Old 2/23/06, 04:44 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy V6 @ February 22, 2006, 7:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Boy... I can;t wait to see this color! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Another couple of weeks and we'll be able to see it on the color charts at the dealership. It'll still be a tough call for me to order it without actually seeing the whole car with that actual color. At least I've seen the Vista Blue in person. Decisions, decisions.
Old 2/23/06, 05:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burke0011 @ February 23, 2006, 6:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Boy... I can;t wait to see this color! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

WarBird69,
Vol fan? How 'bout those men's basketballers?

Quick Reply: 2007+ Colors?