2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2007 Build and Price on fordvehicles.com finally...

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/06, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Build and Price on fordvehicles.com finally...

Don't know if this has been posted yet, if so then feel free to delete, but if you click on build and price on fordvehicles.com's main page and look under the 2007 vehicle selection you can build a 2007 Mustang finally.
Old 7/14/06, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is the direct link to the 2007 Mustang Configurator
Old 7/14/06, 08:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I changed my order from Dove/Black to all Black on my IUP w/PTP. Vin issued. It'll be here in two weeks.
Old 7/14/06, 10:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Dove/white.

Someone really really screwed up there. Thats the whitest white i've ever seen.

And those door inserts aren't even color matching.

Ford still seem to be having internal communication issues.
Old 7/14/06, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep. I noticed that too.
Check out these 2 pics. Both are from the new '07 Build & Price pages. One has the color matched door panel insert and the other doesn't.

Also grabbed a pic of the Dove interior. Interesting.
Attached Images    
Old 7/15/06, 02:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford was definetly not prepared this year for the interior changes.

My 2007 Vista GT just came in a couple days ago at the dealer and here in Canada, i also order the Black/Dove PTP. And low and behold I end up with a Dove SAP labelled as PTP.

My dealer, who's a good friend of mine, is looking into the issue. He's having some Ford Canada rep visit him on Monday to discuss the issue and see what their going to do about my car.

The Dove SAP isn't bad looking, but it's sure a ****-off when you dont' get what you ordered.
Mine looks like this BTW. Just like all the other Black/Dove that have been coming in.

Old 7/15/06, 06:59 AM
Cobra Member

Cool... thanks. Where did they get those interior shots from. What sucks is that you can't get the rear spoiler delete with the cali special. I was kinda liking it until now.
Old 7/17/06, 07:12 AM
Bullitt Member

So CannonballerI also ordered the black/dove PTP. So did Ford screw up and give you the SAP instead or is this what the PTP is supposed to look like?Thanks
Old 7/17/06, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

Ford totally screwed up their interior examples on their web site. The dove picture that looks white is actually just a photoshop of the chamois interior shot. Ironically the chamois picture is also wrong, it was a very early prototype picture that has been circulating for months now.

There have been pictures posted of 4 cars equipped with PTP and the dove interior and they all look like Cannonballer's. There have also been pictures posted of one car with parchment and PTP, and it is also the same scheme as Cannonballer's with the black seats. On the other hand, pictures of a car with PTP and chamois have been posted and it has an all black interior with chamois seats and door panel inserts! There aren't any pics of the red yet, but one guy has seen it and said it is the same scheme as the chamois.
Old 7/17/06, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

OK, here are the various color schemes for PTP. It seems like I've posted these pictures a lot lately in various threads, but there's been so much confusion about the schemes that it warrants showing people what they are getting.

These cars all have PTP, they do not have SAP. This was verified via the window sticker. The first pic is dove, the second is parchment and the 3rd is chamois.

So far no pics have surfaced of the SAP, but one guy here has seen one and said it looked the same as the dove/ parchment scheme (black seats).
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Build and Price on fordvehicles.com finally...-07-ptp-dove.jpg   2007 Build and Price on fordvehicles.com finally...-07-ptp-parchment.jpg   2007 Build and Price on fordvehicles.com finally...-07-ptp-chamois.jpg  
Old 7/17/06, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by First Stang
So CannonballerI also ordered the black/dove PTP. So did Ford screw up and give you the SAP instead or is this what the PTP is supposed to look like?Thanks
Yup...got a SAP looking PTP package.
Old 7/17/06, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
OK, here are the various color schemes for PTP. It seems like I've posted these pictures a lot lately in various threads, but there's been so much confusion about the schemes that it warrants showing people what they are getting.

These cars all have PTP, they do not have SAP. This was verified via the window sticker. The first pic is dove, the second is parchment and the 3rd is chamois.

So far no pics have surfaced of the SAP, but one guy here has seen one and said it looked the same as the dove/ parchment scheme (black seats).
Good thing for this forum, cause i took all the pics and showed them to my dealer. He had no clue, the Ford Canada rep had no clue. Nobody has any clue as what is going on with these interiors.

Anyway my dealer filed a mis-order claim and the Ford rep will look into the issue.

What i want to know is if this is what the 2007 interiors will look like. Or will Ford fess up to their blunders and fix the issues.
My guess is that JOB2 will look correct.

But once again...who knows...Ford doesn' even know.

I'll keep you posted when i get more news.
I still haven't accepted the car the way it is...so we'll see what happens this week.
Old 7/17/06, 10:35 AM
V6 Member

I went to the Ford site to check it out and couldn't get the cloth convertible option. Anyone else notice or am I the only one?
Old 7/17/06, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
What i want to know is if this is what the 2007 interiors will look like. Or will Ford fess up to their blunders and fix the issues.
My guess is that JOB2 will look correct.

But once again...who knows...Ford doesn' even know.

I'll keep you posted when i get more news.
Do keep us posted. One thing is for sure, Ford DID screw something up on this. Either they screwed up the wording in the order guide or they screwed up the interiors being installed with the PTP, because the two most certainly do not match!! I'm leaning towards there being some big blunder on the assembly line, someone gave the assemblers the SAP info for the PTP interiors on dove and parchment by accident. Or perhaps the PTP dove/ parchment interior parts are not yet available and they made a conscious decision to proceed with SAP components to keep things moving. It will be interesting to see if they make some adjustments at some point.