2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 wait times

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/05, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2006 GT on order. I ordered it June 14, 2005, and I am still waiting. I have not been serialized yet. I have seen people with orders AFTER me, but they already received their car. I called my dealers fleet manager yesterday to see what the deal is, and I am waiting for my call back.

Anyways, what is the average wait time for an 06?
Old 10/8/05, 11:52 AM
GT Member

I would say on average its about 10 to 12 weeks depending on the type of car ordered (V6 ot GT) and the allocations to the dealership. I ordered one in early August and the car is scheduled to be delievered in late october. However the dealer had to wait to submit the order until he had an allocation for it, so the order was submitted in early September. Alot of it is timing. I think the best advice I can give you is, try and go to a large scale dealership, near a large city. Ideally a dealer who deals Roush, Saleen, and SVT will get more allocations for cars, because he will move more. Hope this helps.
Old 10/8/05, 12:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I ordered a day ahead of you and despite ordering a couple of short productions options like the Pony Package and Active Alarm from a small rural dealership - I've been driving my car for a week.
Old 10/8/05, 07:45 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by NiteHawk422@October 8, 2005, 11:55 AM
I would say on average its about 10 to 12 weeks depending on the type of car ordered (V6 ot GT) and the allocations to the dealership. I ordered one in early August and the car is scheduled to be delievered in late october. However the dealer had to wait to submit the order until he had an allocation for it, so the order was submitted in early September. Alot of it is timing. I think the best advice I can give you is, try and go to a large scale dealership, near a large city. Ideally a dealer who deals Roush, Saleen, and SVT will get more allocations for cars, because he will move more. Hope this helps.

Naaa you are wrong,,you get a DORA the day you order your car or the day after...It has you order number on it and you can check it on Fords 800# to see whats going on.....I see there are long waits and don't beleave everyone that says you will have it in 8 - 12 weeks...Most dealers don't have the allocations..JohnnyT
Old 10/8/05, 07:56 PM

I am new to this forum. I placed my order today so will begin the processing of watching and seeking the milestone dates that most of you already have.

:worship:

Seems that maybe prayer is in order.
Old 10/8/05, 08:07 PM
GT Member

If its a small dealer and you are getting the Price of a Stang Gt at X-Plan or Invoice i might stick with them if no one else will sell you at that price.
Now If you are paying CLOSE to sticker WHY would you order a GT,I am sure you can find a Gt at Close to sticker if you want to look a bit.
Even if you have ordered it as of now many have had orders since mid June and still they are still waiting and the cars are not getting built.
Don't beleave most Dealers saying that you should have the car in 8-12 weeks.You might not ever see the car and might have to reorder it as a 2007 in june.
Now if you are looking at a V6 you should get it at close to Invoice,Tons of V6s but not many Gts...
Tell your Dealer you want a DORA and if he does not give it to yea,I would think you will never see the car.....JohnnyT
Old 10/8/05, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by johnnytuinals@October 8, 2005, 9:48 PM
Naaa you are wrong,,you get a DORA the day you order your car or the day after...It has you order number on it and you can check it on Fords 800# to see whats going on.....I see there are long waits and don't beleave everyone that says you will have it in 8 - 12 weeks...Most dealers don't have the allocations..JohnnyT
Depends on where you are. I know the southeast has more allocation, and the same may hold true for other warmer climates. I ordered twice, first one got here in 2 months, second one is looking to be about the same.
Old 10/8/05, 10:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
I ordered June 11th. They started building August 5th, of course. Took delivery September 7th.

It would have been worth twice the wait.
Old 10/8/05, 11:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't really think you can figure out an average wait time. It really just depends on the dealer. Like you, I ordered my Mustang in June and it was very frustrating seeing people order their cars months after me yet get their orders pulled and delivered while I was still clean and unscheduled. I shouldn't have been frustrated though because I was told when I ordered mine that I wouldn't get it till around November. All you can do is just wait it out or try a different dealer. You might try giving my salesperson, Teri at Mossy Ford, a call and see what she can do for you or try Ed, ISELLFORDS. At least with either one of them, you should be able to get a date which is a lot eaiser to wait for compared to not having any idea at all.
Old 10/9/05, 11:22 AM
GT Member

Yea but you are getting your Stang Gt at a dealer that sells lots of stang gts so they will always have allocations.On the Northeast not many dealers have Gts (only v6s}
Allocations are good in the south and west coast where the weather is good all year round.But if you look at most dealers none have Gts and if they do most will sell over sticker..johnnyT
Old 10/9/05, 06:07 PM
GT Member

i am in detroit and ordered from Al Long Ford.
Old 10/9/05, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, best way is to see what priority you are (the lower number the better)... then you could ask what your dealer's allocation is.

Some dealers get more GTs than others.

Ask ISellFord on this site... he knows everything about this stuff.
Old 10/9/05, 09:17 PM
GT Member

My priority was #10 and order# was C000...
Was the First to order a Gt and the dealer got a few Gts in but not mine...I would still be at C/U and I ordered mine in June.
Something is wrong when the dealer gets a few GTs and you were Priorty#10 and still would still be waiting.johnnyT
Old 10/10/05, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree. I order 8/17/05....built 10/7....shipped 10/8...ETA 10/19....my priority number was 40, but I went to the highest volume mustang dealer in south jersey.
Old 10/11/05, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Metfoo, did you hear back from your fleet manager? What's the latest?

Ask them about your priority, if you have not already done so. Also, ask them if their allocation is going to make it possible to get your car into the system. If they hem and haw, it is time to order elsewhere. Or visit FordDirect and start looking at inventories in your geographical area. If you want a GT, the time to search is now.
Old 10/11/05, 08:05 PM
GT Member

Most dealers don't tell the Truth about their Allocations....They all tell you they get many Gts,,,,but few if any will tell you that they really get none..Johnnyt
Old 10/11/05, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

4 months and 4 days for my 06 GT. Don't give up!
Old 10/12/05, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Ohhh i would never say give up.....If yea have a X-plan i would wait till they get the car.But if you are paying around sticker then i would shop around abit.JohnnyT
Old 10/13/05, 01:17 PM
GT Member

great news!!!

I spoke with the fleet manager, and they have one slated for production tomorrow. They are going to bump it for me or modify it to meet my order!!!!

They were really cool about it, and are supposed to get me more info on the fix by tomorrow!
Old 10/13/05, 01:18 PM
GT Member

oh, and I am a plan

Quick Reply: 2006 wait times