2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Toyota Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/04, 10:20 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE TOYOTA MUSTANG.................an amazing 4 cylinders, 130 hp, 1.2 liter engine!! AND THE BEST PART IS IT GETS 70 MILES PER GALLON....................can u handle this pony??????????

theres ur toyota mustang
Old 9/1/04, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

A japanese Mustang seems ridiculous to me, but we did come close to that with the probe, I hope that Ford learned from that experience By the way there is a few mazda parts on the mustang...
Old 9/1/04, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

You KNOW what they say... Once you go Asian... You never go caucasian...

From the lovely folks at T Shirt heck
Old 9/1/04, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@September 1, 2004, 9:00 AM
The Toyota Mustang was just released this morning haven't you seen it? here's the link... www.roushperf.com
that's funny
Old 9/1/04, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

im so glad every one shared their opinions i started this topic because i looked at the 05 and then a 04 mach 1 and i decided i liked the mach 1 more and the only reason i was going to get the 05 because it was the new stang

"If your mom dressed like your girlfriend, would you "hit it"?" NO! youre messed up man but we all got your point

''THE TOYOTA MUSTANG.................an amazing 4 cylinders, 130 hp, 1.2 liter engine!!'' thats what i call a mustang two

and now the whole ''American Pride'' topic me personaly will only drive an American car if the mustang wasnt a ford but was American i would buy it i was so close to getting a Camaro SS. The only reason i would buy a import if i won the lottery then i would get a Aston Martin or Ferrari but i would still have a Mustang and probaly a Corvette.

and another thing i can't think of any cars that i see every day that are from a country we were once in a war with Japan, Britian,italy,and Germany
Old 9/1/04, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

in 40 years will iraq and afganistan have some of the largest auto manufactures it happened with japan and Germany in WW2
Old 9/1/04, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by charles@September 1, 2004, 1:26 PM
in 40 years will iraq and afganistan have some of the largest auto manufactures it happened with japan and Germany in WW2
WTF are you talking about here, anyway?!! :bang:
Old 9/1/04, 03:47 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by André@September 1, 2004, 12:32 PM
A japanese Mustang seems ridiculous to me, but we did come close to that with the probe, I hope that Ford learned from that experience By the way there is a few mazda parts on the mustang...
Yah, we learned that Ford is dumb for trying to get the Probe to replace the mustang instead of keeping it alive as a separate entity. A high winding engine, hatchback, IRS, low to the ground, amazing handling car at an affordable price. Substitute it for the cougar. It would have competed against the Acura Integra, Honda Prelude, VW Golf, etc. etc... :bang:
Old 9/1/04, 03:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'd never buy Toyota anything. If they can't get the Celica to sell screw 'em.
Old 9/1/04, 03:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have absolutely nothing against foreign cars, ALL my friends drive nissans and hondas and such, I just don't like em. Lunchboxes and purses are what they remind me of. I keep looking for the little handle.
Give me something that came out of Michigan anyday.
Old 9/1/04, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangfun101@September 1, 2004, 3:52 PM
I'd never buy Toyota anything. If they can't get the Celica to sell screw 'em.
The Celica came out in 1971 and has been in production every year since (though this will be the last). Can't get them to sell?? I'd say it was an unqualified success.
Old 9/1/04, 04:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

In a Fast and Furious market we have now....they couldn't get a Celica to sell????? Something is wrong with the company. Why work on it though when the Scion tc would have outsold it anyway.
Old 9/1/04, 04:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by charles@September 1, 2004, 1:26 PM
Well a lot of those cars came from the producers of tanks, airplanes, etc. I don't see Iraq producing mass amounts of planes and tanks.
Old 9/1/04, 06:17 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Its not an US pride issue with me. Its a perception thing (was gonna say lifestyle, but I ain't going there). Mustangs (or Camaros or what have you) possess the sort of character that comes from the place where K.I.S.S is more than a way of life its a religion and and god given right. So the US of A is very adept at designing the slack-jawed troglodytes of the automotive universe, in short - they are simple devices that get the job done. Exactly what I like in a car. To bad the stang gave up its pushrod lungs. The only other place on earth that might be akin to the US in car thinking might be Austrailia.

Anywhosit, in twilight zone universe, I don't think anybody else would be able to design a stang like it could be designed here.

I read an article on cars using a market study that compared german, american and japanese shoppers.

Germans - liked intricate multi-function stuff - a maze of buttons requiring an owners manual the size of a dictionary was no problem

Japanese - liked cutting edge tech that was so new it was supposed to come out tomorrow. It didn't have to be intuitive or easy it just had to be very technically advanced

Americans- like simple one touch things that were extremely intuitive, simple to operate, reliable and didn't require picking up a book on how to use it.
Old 9/1/04, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan+September 1, 2004, 5:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ September 1, 2004, 5:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-André@September 1, 2004, 12:32 PM
Yah, we learned that Ford is dumb for trying to get the Probe to replace the mustang instead of keeping it alive as a separate entity. A high winding engine, hatchback, IRS, low to the ground, amazing handling car at an affordable price. Substitute it for the cougar. It would have competed against the Acura Integra, Honda Prelude, VW Golf, etc. etc... :bang: [/b][/quote]
The probe was a great car, just not a mustang...too bad there isn't a version of it today based on the mazda 6, I suppose it could hurt mustang sales somewhat.
I was hoping that ford would give us a base mustang with a multivalve V6 and IRS :worship:
Old 9/1/04, 06:26 PM
GT Member

I'm not a big fan of sweeping generalization, (nor do I believe that Market Research represents more than a very narrow angle of reality), so I will politely disagree with you.

I believe that the Mustang was so successful in '65, '74 and beyond is that it's appeal transcended conventional market boundaries. Women liked it because it was cute. Men liked it because it was cool. It was relatively inexpensive. You could maintain it yourself if you chose. You could trick it out if you chose. I don't see Japanese or European cars having that kind of multi-dimensional appeal.
Old 9/1/04, 06:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@August 31, 2004, 6:26 PM
Only Ford for me!
Same here Nicole. My family has always had Fords. Every once in a while my parents would get a toyota or a BMW or even a Chevy. They were all crap so they would always come back to Ford. I picked up on that and my first car was my mom's 1989 Ford Tempo. We had that until I traded it for my 99 Taurus. I'll trade that in next year for my new Mustang. So I'd have to say, partly because of the Mustang name, partly because it's a Ford, and partly because (Now I'm channeling Carl from ATHF here) IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
Old 9/1/04, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Maverick128@September 1, 2004, 7:33 PM
"Every once in a while my parents would get a toyota or a BMW or even a Chevy. They were all crap so they would always come back to Ford."
No offense, but BMW was crap? Are you serious??:scratch:

BMW is the best in most areas and that's why the Mustang designers used the M3 as quite a benchmark in many areas.

As for the rest, let's admit it, Toyota DOES make nice and some of the highest quality products (even more reliable than Mercedes-Benz now, according to JD Power).

If you don't like the brand, it's not the "American pride" thing some use as a patriotic excuse... If some of you could afford a BMW, you'd get one -- heck, I'd rather have an M3 than a Mustang, but $55,000 with 333hp compared to $30,000 with 300hp is too big a jump financially... The Mustang is just a great deal, and as Americans, that's what we really care about most.
Old 9/1/04, 07:45 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah BMWs r not crap, but for some of us, they just dont appeal. personally, i think bmw is for rich middle aged to old ppl. not ppl like me (if u dont get it, read my sig)
Old 9/1/04, 07:46 PM
V6 Member

I wouldn't buy one. I have come to love the american muscle car. If it became a toyota then it would only be another rice grinder.

Quick Reply: 2005 Toyota Mustang