2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Invoice

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/04, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received a call from my dealer this afternoon saying that he received the invoice for my 2005 Mustang GT that is scheduled to be built next week. Although, I have the vehicle order confirmation listing 64D - 17" Bright Machined Cast Aluminum Wheel the invoice lists 64F - the standard wheels. He said he has no idea why my car doesn't have the correct wheels except for that Ford must not be making them. Obviously not true...anyone have a clue why this happened or had this happen to you??
Old 9/22/04, 10:50 AM
V6 Member

Sounds like your dealer screwed up!

However, I imagine that both types of GT wheels are the same size, so if the dealership gets another GT in with the upgrade, I don't see that it would be a problem for them to switch them out (at no charge of course!).
Old 9/22/04, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

My dealer didn't screw up I have the vehicle order confirmation right in front of me.
Switching the wheels is a problem because mine is being built next week and I doubt next month any dealer would be willing to switch out the wheels, the other 2 cars my dealer is getting in the first allocation are both V6's.
Old 9/22/04, 11:37 AM
GT Member

You could refuse delivery since the car is not correct. The dealer would have to correct the issue or reorder the car.
Old 9/22/04, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I understand that but I ordered in May and would like my car yesterday! I was interested in hearing if anyone else ran into this problem.
Old 9/22/04, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have you asked them how long, if any, it would delay your vehicle if you switched the wheels?

Jason
Old 9/22/04, 12:43 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you originally order your car with the upgraded rims or was this an afterthought? I only ask because if you did not originally request them and then went in at a later date and asked for them to be upgraded it may have been too late. I just tried to have the shaker 1000 removed and got a call back saying it was too late and if I didn't want it I would have to place a new order.
Old 9/22/04, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Get this! I just got the real scoop from my dealer...my original order was cancelled and reordered by the inventory manager who reordered it wrong. So now I'm having a car built for me next week with the wrong wheels. Usually when you order something you expect it to arrive the way you ordered/wanted it. So, the option the dealer gave me was for them to order the wheels and replace them after I get the car. That is an option but since the car isn't being built until last week you would think someone could change the order code in the computer system to have the car built correctly. I called Ford Customer Relations and the foreign lady at the other end just kept repeating "this is something you need to address with your dealership."
Anyone in the know...please confirm that I'm screwed and there's nothing else I can do...
Old 9/22/04, 12:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@September 22, 2004, 2:46 PM
Did you originally order your car with the upgraded rims or was this an afterthought? I only ask because if you did not originally request them and then went in at a later date and asked for them to be upgraded it may have been too late. I just tried to have the shaker 1000 removed and got a call back saying it was too late and if I didn't want it I would have to place a new order.
When is your car scheduled to be built? The word I received from my dealership is that once the car has been scheduled and an invoice created you cannot change anything. In an electronic society you would think that up until the time it is being built anything could be changed...just my two cents!
Old 9/22/04, 12:47 PM
Cobra R Member

I would either ask for my money back,or delay the order till they get it right...Personally i like your choice of the 64D wheels,and would think it would be a major disapointment settling on the 648,s....
Old 9/22/04, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Get what YOU ordered... do not settle. If you have to wait... then so be it. But get what YOU wanted and what YOU ordered

And see if they can throw in some free oil changes for THEIR mistake
Old 9/22/04, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Nichole@September 22, 2004, 12:50 PM
The word I received from my dealership is that once the car has been scheduled and an invoice created you cannot change anything. In an electronic society you would think that up until the time it is being built anything could be changed...just my two cents!
I think the problem is that once a car is scheduled...the dealer receives the invoice which includes price etc. So nothing can be changed from this point.
Old 9/22/04, 12:56 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Nichole@September 22, 2004, 1:48 PM
please confirm that I'm screwed and there's nothing else I can do...
I know you are mad, but don't take it so hard.

You are getting the wrong wheels, that is just about the easiest mistake to change when ordering a car. Imagine if they put in the wrong color, or your car shows up with a different transmission, or as a V6

If they are willing to order the correct wheels for the car and swap them without any charge to you, then that is a good deal in my book. It is even better if the new wheels come in a month after you get the car, you can practice your burnouts
Old 9/22/04, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Amy V6@September 22, 2004, 12:52 PM
Get what YOU ordered... do not settle. If you have to wait... then so be it. But get what YOU wanted and what YOU ordered

And see if they can throw in some free oil changes for THEIR mistake
If the dealer really will order the wheels and replace them...then that's sounds like your best bet. Cause re-ordering the car will take some time. But amy is right...do not settle...get what you want!
Old 9/22/04, 12:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ace0215+September 22, 2004, 12:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace0215 @ September 22, 2004, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nichole@September 22, 2004, 12:50 PM
The word I received from my dealership is that once the car has been scheduled and an invoice created you cannot change anything. In an electronic society you would think that up until the time it is being built anything could be changed...just my two cents!
I think the problem is that once a car is scheduled...the dealer receives the invoice which includes price etc. So nothing can be changed from this point. [/b][/quote]
Also, the car is scheduled with cars that are identical in every way, color, options, ect.. so changing one of the options would change the order it is to be made. If they let everyone change their orders once it has been scheduled, Ford would have a heck of a time keeping everything straight.
Old 9/22/04, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@September 22, 2004, 12:59 PM
It is even better if the new wheels come in a month after you get the car, you can practice your burnouts
Old 9/22/04, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
something tells me the tires wont be included. A dealer will not swap parts with another unit, they would have to order it as a part.
Old 9/22/04, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@September 22, 2004, 3:04 PM
something tells me the tires wont be included. A dealer will not swap parts with another unit, they would have to order it as a part.
The dealership is in Baltimore...they're only a short ride for you...maybe you can kick them in the ding ding for me!
The dealer said they will order the wheels as a part and have them when the car gets there...something tells me that's not going to happen because the parts department is saying that the wheels have the same part number as the 04 Mustang wheels.
Is there anyway that you could find out the part number for 64D wheels?
Thanks!
Old 9/22/04, 01:12 PM
V6 Member

Don't see this as a big deal at all. Take delivery of the car and have the parts department order the wheels at the dealer's expense. You may have to wait a few months to get them, but that's better than waiting for another car to be built. Maybe you'll even be able to keep the old set of wheels.

***edit*** and that's exactly what you did
Old 9/22/04, 04:03 PM
Bullitt Member

hey beavis huh huh... huh.... she said ding ding. huhhh huuuh huhhh

Quick Reply: 2005 Invoice