2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 or 2006?

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/07, 07:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use autotrader.com, cars.com, and other resources. Also, you may have to go "outside" your area (ie-100-200 miles away)

When I started looking, I researched about once a day (I was obsessed ). Eventually (after about 4 weeks), I found one that was about 3 hours away from me. But, at the price that they wanted, it was very well worth the trip. AND, it had EVERYTHING I WANTED, to the T.

But, just start looking, and eventually the right car will show up. Just don't get discouraged. Also, be ready to refuse a car if it isn't up to par (ie-has had work, something doesn't feel right, etc). Just because its the right car equipped the right way doesn't mean that's the only one. If you wait, the right car at the right price will come along
Old 1/31/07, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Use autotrader.com, cars.com, and other resources. Also, you may have to go "outside" your area (ie-100-200 miles away)

When I started looking, I researched about once a day (I was obsessed ). Eventually (after about 4 weeks), I found one that was about 3 hours away from me. But, at the price that they wanted, it was very well worth the trip. AND, it had EVERYTHING I WANTED, to the T.

But, just start looking, and eventually the right car will show up. Just don't get discouraged. Also, be ready to refuse a car if it isn't up to par (ie-has had work, something doesn't feel right, etc). Just because its the right car equipped the right way doesn't mean that's the only one. If you wait, the right car at the right price will come along
I know what you mean. I search at least once a day for the hell of it lol. Right now I'm just getting done with parting out my WRX and paying off my CC's before I get myself back into car payments lol. I'm also working alot of overtime to save up for a bigger downpayment (with my car and a few bucks extra I expect to do 10-11k down.)
Old 2/1/07, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I don't believe all 06s have the 5 year 60K warranty. If I'm reading this thread correctly, only those 06s purchased on/after 7/14/ 2006 have this warranty http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...light=warranty
That's correct. My 06 was purchased in 11/05 and doesn't have the longer warranty.