Cool

On my way to the bank i had to make a detour. I spotted this
car on the other side of the parking lot and had to take a couple
of pictures with my dream car.

Old 5/2/06, 02:00 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool photo op !!!! Thanks for sharing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 02:05 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude - some day I WILL have a Factory Five Cobra or another replica.... that is definitely my DREAM car.....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gloves @ May 2, 2006, 2:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
On my way to the bank i had to make a detour. I spotted this
car on the other side of the parking lot and had to take a couple
of pictures with my dream car.

[/b][/quote]

Eh...Factory Five kind of sucks. There quality and appearance aren't really what it should be for the price. If your going to get a replica you might as well do it right and go with Superformance. The workmanship and appearance is unmatched....in my opinion.
Old 5/2/06, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice pics...bet it was hard not to leave a wet spot on the seat after seeing that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 02:55 PM

I'm telling you this was a TOP-NOTCH Cobra. I have never seen
one in this nice a condition. It didn't use a donor Mustang and he
didn't cut any corners when putting it together.
Old 5/2/06, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tech @ May 2, 2006, 2:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Eh...Factory Five kind of sucks. There quality and appearance aren't really what it should be for the price. If your going to get a replica you might as well do it right and go with Superformance. The workmanship and appearance is unmatched....in my opinion.
[/b][/quote]

What did you observe that leads you to conclude that about Factory Five?
Old 5/2/06, 03:12 PM
GT Member

I saw on Speed TV this weekend that Caroll is endorsing Superformance. That's all I need to know.
Old 5/2/06, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't think they were that wide (compared to a Stang)
Old 5/2/06, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

the factory five kits are very nice, when assembled with like parts. factory five was originally designed to be an affordable way to build a cobra. using old 5.0 stang parts. superformance was designed to be basically a super car, with all the best possible parts.

that being said, there is a company in my town (toledo, oh) that is using factory five kits as a basis, and assembling with all top parts, including supercharged mod cobra motors, and these things have the perfect paint, alll top parts and cost just a little less than superformance.

in any comparison test I've read, the factory five kits, when assembled with the better parts, perform as good and operate as well as anything else out there.

if you go to the dreamcruise in detroit, you will see about 100 cobra kit cars from all different manufacturers, and the pro-assembled fac five kits really are nice.

my .02

Sam
Old 5/2/06, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Factory 5 is a quality product that can be put together with old, rusty donor parts from a used Mustang, or brand new clean parts, depending on the budget of the builder. Superformance is definately a quality product that comes complete with paint, tires, and wheels, but minus an engine and transmission. Shelby endorses the SPF because they bothered to negotiate with him, and the pre-built state in which it is sold maintains a consistent quality across the brand. A Factory 5 kit costs about $13k, plus a donor Mustang and/or new parts, plus labor (yours or someone else's) for assembly. The SPF costs $40k, plus drivetrain. It all works out in the end. You get what you pay for. Both can be outstanding, but it's kinda hard to screw up the SPF since it's already assembled.
I'm sorry, my wife said I could build one when my youngest gets out of college (8yrs from now), and I'm already excited and doing research. Couldn't help it.....

And [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] nice stang, too.
Old 5/2/06, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

That Cobra looks awesome!! Personally I think the Factory 5 and Superformance kits are both well done. I think if you take your time and do it right (and not cut corners) you'll be happy with either kit.
Old 5/2/06, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

351pony,
1. Technically, Superformance isn't a "kit". You drop in an engine and you're done.
2. Your car sounds nice. Got Pix?
3. Hey, I'm moving to Aurora this summer! They got good Mustang clubs out there?
Old 5/2/06, 06:42 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(backafter20 @ May 2, 2006, 5:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
351pony,
1. Technically, Superformance isn't a "kit". You drop in an engine and you're done.
2. Your car sounds nice. Got Pix?
3. Hey, I'm moving to Aurora this summer! They got good Mustang clubs out there?
[/b][/quote]
I'll tell you guys what, I respect any Cobra 427 any day of the
week for pure style if for nothing else [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Moving to Aurora!!! not sure if there are any out there, but i belong to
Bay Area Mustang Association
http://bayareamustangassociation.org/

Pics of my car? BWHWH HA HAHAHAHH !!@#!#%)!!%#!* [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">PICS HERE</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">VIDEOS HERE</span>
Old 5/2/06, 09:39 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tech @ May 2, 2006, 2:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Eh...Factory Five kind of sucks. There quality and appearance aren't really what it should be for the price. If your going to get a replica you might as well do it right and go with Superformance. The workmanship and appearance is unmatched....in my opinion.[/b][/quote]

I'm the former owner of FFR 1328K.

What vintage was your SPF? Any pics?
Old 5/2/06, 10:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

My 3 dream cars. My Mustang, a Ford GT, and a Superformance Cobra kitcar.

That would be one helluva garage.

Only thing I'd do is have the kitcar painted just straight up black. Same with the GT. Yes, I have a thing for black cars.
Old 5/3/06, 08:27 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tech @ May 2, 2006, 4:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Uh.....well.....my FFR is starting it's 7th year on the road. I have less than $17k total into it. For that you'd have a small down payment on a SPF. SPF has decent workmanship, but is most known for its consistancy, since they're all made in the same factory in South Africa. Personally, if I were looking for the absolute best from a workmanship standpoint, I'd choose an ERA hands down. They will build the car to any level you want including a completed car. About a 2 year wait and expect to pay somewhere in the $100k area. ERA will also build the car to resemble any of the "real" Cobras.

Mine:

jack
Old 5/3/06, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tech @ May 2, 2006, 3:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

FFR's quality is just fine and for performance (racing purposes) cannot be beaten by any of the other Cobra Replica companies. I know - I race one in the Factory Five Challenge Series.

Certainly when you buy a kit the quality of the end product is in direct proportion to the builder's talent.

You could very easily go plunk down 50k on a Superformance roller and stuff a greasy old 200k mile Taxi-Cab engine in it. What would you say about Superformance then??

Unless you have owned / built either an FFR or Superformance - your opinion is yours and yours alone and worth about as much as we have paid for it..
Old 5/3/06, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I loveee the 427. When I get a nice fat bank account, that's the first thing I'm splurging on...from Superformance, of course. I don't feel like going through the steps. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 5/3/06, 06:33 PM

I'm with you Bingo.

This is one of my favorite websites to drool at.
http://cobracountry.com/ (under the cobras for sale)

Quick Reply: 2 Shelby inspired machines