2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2 Infractions 1 Ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/09, 09:55 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Infractions 1 Ticket.

I got a infraction for going 40 in a residntal 25 and infraction for an unsafe start.
I live in Cali, it was pooring down rain first rain of the season roads where slipper, took a left hand turn lost traction, did not loose control of the car, then car behind me starts tailgating me I speed up, keeps riding my *** turns out it was an under cover cop right behind me.

Am I going to get points on my license for this and how much will it cost?
Old 10/13/09, 10:09 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Undercover cop cars suck.
Old 10/13/09, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

That sucks dude.

If it makes you feel any better: I got stopped for doing 116 in a 65. It was originally a 6 point violation but when I went to court the judge took it down to a 2 point violation with traffic school. This is in Nevada though.

The lessons you learn. I haven't gone more than 5 over ever since.
Old 10/13/09, 10:31 PM
V6 Member

Well I got in an accident back in march, and I got a point on my license for that so I really need to avoid the points. How many points did traffic school take off? How much was your ticket to?

Last edited by monkeycat; 10/13/09 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10/13/09, 10:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Entrapment!

Seriously though that sucks.

You're just trying to keep your stang from being rear ended by some douche bag and it turns out to be a cop.
Old 10/13/09, 10:52 PM
V6 Member

If I go to court i'll say that the car started to tailgate me after I lost traction(construction was recently completes at this intersection loose gravel), the rain was coming down hard and the car was tailgaiting me very close, as he was getting my plate for the unsafe start, he was riding my *** and I didn't want him to slam into to me.
Old 10/13/09, 10:56 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sounds good to me. If your state has points maybe that'll get the points reduced. You are only being honest in what you think happened and why your actions were what they were. It was not malicious intent or anything.
Old 10/14/09, 12:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by monkeycat
Well I got in an accident back in march, and I got a point on my license for that so I really need to avoid the points. How many points did traffic school take off? How much was your ticket to?
The judge was a really nice guy and cut me a break because I am a full time student and work full time too. I also plead guilty and added that I was being plain stupid which was true. He added that not many cars can even go that fast. He was able to amend my fine from $632 to $297 and my violation from a 6 point excessive speeding to a 2 point basic moving violation with traffic school.

Your case is different though. It seems like there were too many variables out of your control especially with the officer tailgating you.

I'm sure that there are some fellow TMSers here that are also public servants that can offer you some advise.

My case had no possible defense, but I think yours my if you have a reasonable judge.
Old 10/14/09, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Ok... my opinion?

You can kiss those points goodbye, and you need to have them deducted. And it will cost you.

I'm no saint, mind, and I've been stopped (All of it BS... think they're after me because they're trying to catch me for something else... and I'm not holding, man...) but the reality is this:

If you lost traction, that's explainable due to conditions... especially if you bring proof, like pictures, and the judge would likely dismiss that. Happens to us all at some point.

But the fact is, you were speeding. You've admitted it here. You're done. No judge is going to throw that out unless you can prove you weren't. So you can wave 'bye' to that point.

The argument that you were speeding because of a tailgater? Might get a second point off for that alone, ya ask me, for bad judgement.

Remember, kids, if you're being tailgated, **slow down**. It makes them mad, provides you with better cushion for stopping for the both of you if something happens in front of you, and eventually, they'll go around, waving their arms and such, but at least they're off your ***, and you can breathe easier.

Speeding up for a tailgater is exactly what they want... to go faster. It worked.

I know for a fact this whole idea of not speeding, but in fact, going slower, works, because I had it happen yesterday... **** tailgaters... but he just flicked around me and off he went... speeding his *** off.

So, this idea of entrapment? Not so much. If you're doing something wrong, a cop will *glue* him or herself to your bumper... Every follow/stop I've had, that's what they've done, automatic velcro.

Oh, and what if it wasn't a cop? What if it was a serial mal-doer who definitely had you targeted? Maybe you're being followed, and you've got the creeps... well, don't go home. Keep going, slow, and find a lit, well stocked with people parking lot, or better yet, a police station, and they'll go away.

Bonus material: Talking about it here before court could be evidence against you if they find it. Just sayin'.

/Not bein' harsh, being real... and reality is harsh sometimes.

Last edited by houtex; 10/14/09 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10/16/09, 11:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
note to self
Be carefull when making turns on wet streets and even more so when in a construction area.
Ps. Don't speed when being tailgated.
Old 10/16/09, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I said something similar once about loosing traction because of rain (i flipped a car over and off the highway), the officer said when he was pulling up to the scene he felt the back of his car do it a bit, but he added I was the only one who actually lost traction of all the cars on that road, GL
Old 10/18/09, 03:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by monkeycat
I got a infraction for going 40 in a residntal 25 and infraction for an unsafe start.
I live in Cali, it was pooring down rain first rain of the season roads where slipper, took a left hand turn lost traction, did not loose control of the car, then car behind me starts tailgating me I speed up, keeps riding my *** turns out it was an under cover cop right behind me.

Am I going to get points on my license for this and how much will it cost?
Last I knew, the courts should send you a notice in a few weeks letting you know if you are eligible for traffic school. I tried to post a link of eligible offenses, but couldn't get it to work. Do a search for "Rule 4.104 California Rules of Court 2009" for more info.

If you weren't going more than 25 over, weren't cited for alcohol or drugs and haven't been to traffic school in the past 18 months I think you may be eligible to attend and get your points removed. Costs vary by location. I haven't worked in law enforcement in many years, so perhaps some current LE types can provide more recent info. Hope this helps.
Old 10/23/09, 07:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next time brake check REAL hard maybe to a stop and then grab your neck and or go into convulsions and or a spaz attack. :-)
Old 10/23/09, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

I got a ticket here in NJ for doing 95 in a 55. It was supposed to be 4 points on my license, spoke to the prosecutor and got it knocked it down to a 70 in a 55 and only 2 points. He mentioned that he was doing this, because I have not had any tickets in the last six years. Good luck to you.

Be careful on the rain, you go to take it easy in the stang