2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

06 Mustang GT alarm system help please

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/13, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Mustang GT alarm system help please

I just got a 2006 Mustang GT Premium with 67,000 mile on her

Well the previous owner had installed a aftermarket Avital (directed electronics) remote start system i think it is the model 4103? the only numbers on the unit is 4x03. Well it works and starts the car opens and locks the door and trunk, Anyway when you lock the car up the horn does not chirp and it has the two motion sensors up at the courtesy lights one pointing to the drivers side and the other to the passanger side! well that too the motion sensor this is does not work! i only got one key and one avital remote with the car! So i got a new remote and a new key, but i have downloaded the operation manual and install manual for the remote start system
but it is the alarm now that i can not figure out!! you can open the window lock the car and reach in and open the door and the alarm goes off!!
i was reading also when you lock or unlock the doors does not the head lights flash?? the marker lights do. also does this system have a impact sensor on it???
reason for asking this one i park my car way away form everyone else out in the back forty so to say so no lazy fat *** or what ever you wish to call those people that seem to love to park next to your nice car with there hunk of junk and slam there doors into your car!!!! happens every time i get a nice car!!!! even when i park out in left field!! one week and one of those people cost me today $280 buck to get that dent fixed
So does the factory alarm have a impact sensor!!
and how do i get the motion sensors to work??
is there a way to reset the factory alarm too the factory settings?????
or is it going to be better to just go down and have a Clifford alarm / remote start system installed and disable the factory stuff!! (i would say factory junk system BUT I LOVE MY MUSTANG!!!!)

Next question is, the body molding, fender wells. trunk plastic all have the cheap plastic push in 'i want to say cheap plastic lose lock pins???' pins
is there a way to upgrade thies to a more tighter bolt or screw type system??
with less rattles!!!

Then there is the road noise that booms out from the trunk through the back seat!! Has anyone done anything about this?? i was looking at that 80mil fatmat sound proofing mat! I am not trying to be cheap on this but i do not want to spen no $500 to $1000 or more in the trunk to get it quite!!

last but not least at this point! (im sure i will find other things to fix, clean, or upgrade) is the stereo system i have the shaker 500 system and i got to sy it sounds great for the 52 year old man that i am but my Sons 95 nissan pickup got parked next to my Blue Pony and that dam nissan pickup shamed me and my mustang!!! i cant live with this disgrace!!!!!! but my Son has a very big SMILE!!! i had read a post that just replacing the head unit makes a big differance true??? or do you have to do speakers too ???

but my first fix is the alarm system!!! if i could i would have a mini mag gun installed in the trunk with auto aim so when some lazy *** smaks there doors into my car may car then would make swiss cheese out of them and then there dam hunk of junk yep the burning devil would set my feelings on this thank you very much!!!!

yes i am a grumpy old man!! dont mess with with my pride and joy!!!

Thank for any and ALL HELP!!!
Old 4/13/13, 07:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
welcome to TMS
Old 4/13/13, 11:17 AM

Ya i did forget my manners did i not!!

Hello everyone!! I am new to your Mustang forum here! I live out in Silverton Oregon
for you east coast Mustangers it's OreGUN
It has been a long time since my first Mustang and back then things were differant then now!
I use to be but still am in a way a certified GM mechanic, Now i drive a big Truckall over the roads
but i got a new Baby to pamper in my old age and would like to fix thing that need upgrading on here so that is why i am here!!
Maybe to pass on what i learn and to learn from all of you that have walked this path

well maybe
Old 4/13/13, 02:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
well I don't know much about the alarms but I have installed some sound deadner and was plesently surprised on how well it worked out.
https://themustangsource.com/f692/so...nstall-495360/

I just added some deadner/vibration damper to my floor boards. I need to update my thread. The stuff I used on the floor I picked up from eastwood on sale and it wasn't much different than the roofing stuff you can get at home depot for less.
Old 4/13/13, 10:34 PM

been looking at car alarms with remote start
i did not know that 1 company made all the or most of the brand name alarm
systems!! Viper, Clifford, Python, Avital, etc. are all made by Directed electronic!!

just wish i could get the stock system set backup to all it is suppost to do
Old 4/13/13, 11:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Merlins GT
been looking at car alarms with remote start
i did not know that 1 company made all the or most of the brand name alarm
systems!! Viper, Clifford, Python, Avital, etc. are all made by Directed electronic!!

just wish i could get the stock system set backup to all it is suppost to do
Never install aftermarket alarms. And set up the factory alarm. It does have some sort of sensor.