2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

05 Mustangs in Greece

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/05, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have decided to move back to Greece in the next few months so I was wondering if anyone knew if I could get one from there. If not, I was wondering if I could take mine even though its financed. Will they allow me to take it to Greece or does it have to be paid off.

Thanks for the help.
Old 6/13/05, 06:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

i believe it has to be paid off but what do i kno. i responded to bump the topic for ya
Old 6/13/05, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@June 13, 2005, 8:56 AM
i believe it has to be paid off but what do i kno. i responded to bump the topic for ya
LOL Thanks! Thats what I am thinking as well. The only thing that makes me hope that I can take it overseas is that I have financed through Ford. But then again it may be less expensive to sale mine and reorder in Greece. I do know that in Greece you get taxed every year depending on how big your engine is so I may want to go with a V6 over there to save some money.
Old 6/13/05, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TheLegend@June 13, 2005, 7:04 AM
LOL Thanks! Thats what I am thinking as well. The only thing that makes me hope that I can take it overseas is that I have financed through Ford. But then again it may be less expensive to sale mine and reorder in Greece. I do know that in Greece you get taxed every year depending on how big your engine is so I may want to go with a V6 over there to save some money.

Be tough for them to repo it if it's overseas. LOL

Seriously though I called Ford Credit and should have an answer later today.
Old 6/13/05, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@June 13, 2005, 10:22 AM
Be tough for them to repo it if it's overseas. LOL

Seriously though I called Ford Credit and should have an answer later today.

LOL at the repo. Yeap, that would be pretty tough.

Thanks for calling Ford Credit. That was very kind of you. That was going to be my move as well but thought I would see if anyone new here before I had to press 100 buttons until I spoke to someone.

Have a good day.
Old 6/13/05, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I believe I have the answer to one of my questions. I found the official Ford website in Greece and the Mustang was not available on the site for review. I dont know if you can special order it though. I guess I will find out when I go there on the 30th of this month.

Here is the website to anyone interested to see what cars Ford offers in Greece.

http://www.ford.gr/ie/all_cars/-/-

I know, I know, "its Greek to you".

I know one thing for sure. If I cant order a Stang I will not be getting a Ford. Those cars are ugly.
Old 6/13/05, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

By the way an intersting note.

Trucks are under the business section on the Greek Ford website. People do not drive trucks in greece. The only truck you will see on the road is a company truck mostly by owned by farmers.

I grew up in Greece and I have never known or seen anyone drive a truck as their personal/daily vehicle. Kind of weird huh? Glad I am not a truck lover. :worship:
Old 6/13/05, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

According to Ford Credit, on the back of the contract it states that the vehicle can not be operated outside the US [except for up to 30 days in Canada or Mexico]. So, if you want to take it you will have to pay it off first.
Old 6/13/05, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@June 13, 2005, 12:28 PM
According to Ford Credit, on the back of the contract it states that the vehicle can not be operated outside the US [except for up to 30 days in Canada or Mexico]. So, if you want to take it you will have to pay it off first.
Well it looks like I better enjoy my Stang as much as possible. Thats too much money for me to spend with all the moving expenses I will have.

I hope my Mustang days dont come to a permanent end if I cant order one from Greece. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I just cant imagine giving up my Stang and not ever owning one again. :bang: :bang: This is not looking good at all! I have no idea what other car I would want to own that is comparable to my Mustang and to its price.

Thank you Ed for this info.
Old 6/13/05, 10:47 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes Ford is going to sell the Mustang in Greece, except they are going to call it the Lamb
Old 6/13/05, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@June 13, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yes Ford is going to sell the Mustang in Greece, except they are going to call it the Lamb
Old 6/13/05, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@June 13, 2005, 12:50 PM
LOL Good one!!
Old 6/13/05, 12:05 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by TheLegend@June 13, 2005, 12:18 PM

Here is the website to anyone interested to see what cars Ford offers in Greece.

http://www.ford.gr/ie/all_cars/-/-

I know, I know, "its Greek to you".

I know one thing for sure. If I cant order a Stang I will not be getting a Ford. Those cars are ugly.

All those vehicles look the same!! Good luck finding a new ride.
Old 6/13/05, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jdanza@June 13, 2005, 2:08 PM
All those vehicles look the same!! Good luck finding a new ride.
I know, they do look the same. No wonder Ford is having problems. With vehicles like that overseas I am surprize they are even around.

Man, I hope I will be able to order a Stang from there. :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 6/13/05, 12:14 PM

Did anyone else notice that they used the honored Galaxy name on an ugly minivan? A company that says it honors its past should not be doing stuff like that.
Old 6/13/05, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by drylbrg@June 13, 2005, 2:17 PM
Did anyone else notice that they used the honored Galaxy name on an ugly minivan? A company that says it honors its past should not be doing stuff like that.
I agree with you but welcome to the real world. When it comes to marketing and money there is no honor. At least that is what appears to be the case.
Old 6/13/05, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Hop over to the Europe forums. I don't think anyone has ordered and shipped a car to Greece yet, but someone there can probably help you. Good luck!
Old 6/13/05, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good idea.
Old 6/13/05, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TheLegend@June 13, 2005, 12:12 PM
I know, they do look the same. No wonder Ford is having problems. With vehicles like that overseas I am surprize they are even around.

Man, I hope I will be able to order a Stang from there. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Ford is actually building a rep in Europe of building good quality cars at very competitive prices which are insanely fun to drive. The last one being the most notable when people talk about new Fords. A night and day difference compared to 10 years ago, and they owe it all to the Focus (Focii?) and Mondeos. Plus, with the BiFuel option they are also gaining a rep for "green" cars. (Here, 85% of all Focuses sold are BiFuel). So it's not all bad.

That said, I think you'll find it very difficult to get a Mustang through 'official' channels. Private imports or specialized dealerships are the way to go. Be aware that the markup may be huge though, the best prices are from dealerships in US/Canada niched on exporting them.
Old 6/13/05, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JustAnotherDude@June 13, 2005, 3:02 PM
Ford is actually building a rep in Europe of building good quality cars at very competitive prices which are insanely fun to drive. The last one being the most notable when people talk about new Fords. A night and day difference compared to 10 years ago, and they owe it all to the Focus (Focii?) and Mondeos. Plus, with the BiFuel option they are also gaining a rep for "green" cars. (Here, 85% of all Focuses sold are BiFuel). So it's not all bad.

That said, I think you'll find it very difficult to get a Mustang through 'official' channels. Private imports or specialized dealerships are the way to go. Be aware that the markup may be huge though, the best prices are from dealerships in US/Canada niched on exporting them.
Thanks for the info!!!

Quick Reply: 05 Mustangs in Greece