2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

05+ First NOT to be "MUSTANG"

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/07 | 11:34 AM
GT Member

05+ First NOT to be "MUSTANG"

I just noticed that none of the current 05+ models have the word "MUSTANG" anywhere on the exterior of the car. As far as I know, this is a first for Mustangs. All other years going all the way back to the beginning had the word "MUSTANG" somewhere on the car's exterior, other than special editions like Shelbys, Cobras, or Saleens.

This may have been commonly known or talked about before, but I've only had my 07 a couple of months now.... just an observation.
Old 2/27/07 | 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank god, There are enough pin holes in the exterior from the other badges, spoiler and the fake gas cap.
Old 2/27/07 | 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Pony Ride
I just noticed that none of the current 05+ models have the word "MUSTANG" anywhere on the exterior of the car. As far as I know, this is a first for Mustangs. All other years going all the way back to the beginning had the word "MUSTANG" somewhere on the car's exterior, other than special editions like Shelbys, Cobras, or Saleens.

This may have been commonly known or talked about before, but I've only had my 07 a couple of months now.... just an observation.
Yep, it has been discussed, and Ford mentioned it in literature when the 05 came out, but still interesting.
Old 2/27/07 | 11:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Doesn't need it, anyone that sees one KNOWS it's a MUSTANG
Old 2/27/07 | 11:56 AM
Cobra Member

My car says Mustang on each of the doors... I thought about removing it for the simple reason that I didn't want "Mustang" on the outside. But i ended up really liking it.

Also, if you have the pony center caps for your wheels there is no Ford logo. Just the Ford dented into the fake gas cap.
Old 2/27/07 | 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep, that's one of the things I love about it.

When your car is an icon of Americana it transcends labels.
Old 2/27/07 | 12:20 PM
GT Member

Yes, those that have the rocker stripes have the word "Mustang" on it, but any stock mustang without the stripe will not... I should have made that clear in my initial post.
Old 2/27/07 | 12:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I was at the car wash this past weekend - there were a bunch of 5-7 year old boys looking at the cars passing by the window as they were getting washed.

As soon as mine came by they all got excited and started pointing, "look! It's a Mustang! How coooooool!"

It's nice to be recognized.
Old 2/27/07 | 12:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
I was at the car wash this past weekend - there were a bunch of 5-7 year old boys looking at the cars passing by the window as they were getting washed.

As soon as mine came by they all got excited and started pointing, "look! It's a Mustang! How coooooool!"

That says it all! The Mustang has evolved from being a "secretary's car", to a muscle car, to a race car, to a legend. Now it's an American icon...
Old 2/27/07 | 02:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It was originally not to have "Ford" anywhere either except the back badge, but the concept rims had the Ford on it instead of the Pony Tribar. <_< They changed that for the '06 rims.
Old 2/27/07 | 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

kinda nice not having that ugly azz heck ford oval on the back of the car.

seriously if Ford is to change something, they need a new logo. Nothing like having a red Ford car with an ugly blue oval on the back. (not that i have a red ford car... but you know what i mean)
Old 2/27/07 | 04:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Doesn't need it, anyone that sees one KNOWS it's a MUSTANG
What he said. One of the cool things about these cars.
Old 2/27/07 | 05:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc

How did that Vert do in the Car wash machine?

Sorry about the slight Hijack...just curious.
Old 2/27/07 | 05:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, ya gotta open the door and look at the sills to tell ya what kind of car your driving

I would always forget, so I got OH SIX GT on my license plate.
Old 2/27/07 | 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Everyone knows its a mustang. You could get the mustang letters stickon for the trunklid
Old 2/27/07 | 07:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

That must mean I drive a FORD GT
Old 2/27/07 | 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

You can add your own! Here's one of my little mods.
Attached Thumbnails 05+ First NOT to be &quot;MUSTANG&quot;-141_4148_c.jpg  
Old 2/27/07 | 10:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

No offense, but I don't like the "mustang" logo on the trunk lid. It doesn't look right to me. I enjoy the fact that everyone knows it's a Mustang, even though it looks TOTALLY different than any other mustang out there, and there is no badges telling people what it is. They just know. What other vehicle out there would people instinctively know what it is without any badges??
Old 2/27/07 | 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just want to show respect and never ending love of our older brothers, like my long gone '72...

I know it is not for everybody, but I did it on mine to look unique anyway.

Everybody knows what it is...
Attached Thumbnails 05+ First NOT to be &quot;MUSTANG&quot;-p0000021b.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 2/28/07 | 12:44 AM

yea i mean some of the mustangs look good with the wording on the outside but only in certian colors...and as okcmustanggt said...Everybody knows what a mustang is lol so having said that the wording and badges look kinda dumb sometimes

Quick Reply: 05+ First NOT to be "MUSTANG"