Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05-09 front turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/19, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05-09 front turn signals

Hi,

I own a 2005 Ford Mustang V6 and my front turn signals only work when I use my turn signal. I see a lof of S197 Mustangs with the turn signals permanently on. Is this a aftermarket mod or is this original and took the last owner it out for some reason? I realy like the look when the turn signals are on, specially in the dark!
Old 5/14/19, 09:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Not real sure what you're describing, but front turn signals are never permanently on in stock configuration. They only blink with a turn signal on, or if hazards are on. If you're talking about the front marker lights (dimmer, same housing, non blinking), then those can be turned on by clicking the headlamp switch one click right. Your turn signal will operate normally, 'overpowering' the marker light.

Of course, this is USA speaking here, so if you're in some other country where it's required they be on or something, then you might need to fix that.
Old 5/15/19, 01:49 AM

Hi Houtex,

thanks for your response. I already thought it was a after market mod or custom wiring. Now is my question: how can I do this?
Old 5/15/19, 03:06 PM

No, I want to have my turn signals always on when I have the light switch in position 1 and 2. I see a lot of photo’s with Mustangs that have this. Now is my question: how can I do this?
Old 5/15/19, 07:13 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by Renato
No, I want to have my turn signals always on when I have the light switch in position 1 and 2. I see a lot of photo’s with Mustangs that have this. Now is my question: how can I do this?
Never heard of this before. If you're referring to having the turn signals always on while operating/driving the vehicle? it is both illegal and dangerous. Under the only scenario which is legal for having the car lights flash in a continuous manner, is in an emergency situation in which the hazard lights switch is turned on which activates all the lights by flashing them on and off. As posted above, I would also like to see photos of what you're attempting to describe as well

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 5/16/19 at 12:46 AM.
Old 5/16/19, 04:53 AM

All lights are off (light switch in position off)

All lights are on. The headlicht, side marker and also the turn signal. Permanently on
Old 5/16/19, 07:55 AM

I live in the Netherlands but when I watch videos on Youtube or photo’s on Google I see a lot of Mustangs that have this
Old 5/16/19, 08:02 AM

Off course I understand each country has its own laws about verhicle lighting. But what I try to say is: all those Mustangs I see on Google or Youtube are all in the US and even the review of the 2009 Ford Mustang Bullit has this so its not that uncommon
Old 5/16/19, 12:05 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
Hes talking about his parking lights.
They are ON when the headlights are on and blink when the indicator is activated.

Check your light bulb. One of the filament might be burnt out as there are 2 of them in there. One for always ON and one for when it blinks.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (5/16/19)
Old 5/16/19, 01:04 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by VGMStudios
Hes talking about his parking lights.
They are ON when the headlights are on and blink when the indicator is activated.
Agreed, as this would appear to make far more sense.

Originally Posted by VGMStudios
Check your light bulb. One of the filament might be burnt out as there are 2 of them in there. One for always ON and one for when it blinks.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 5/16/19 at 01:11 PM.
VGMStudios (5/17/19)
Old 5/18/19, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
OH OH OH!!!
lol actually, mine are always on when the engine is on;
(headlights & turn-signal lights are always on here in Canada, by law,)
which is what you are talking about
(so, i was wrong)

but, my headlight switch that turns the lights on & off doesn't do anything,
but it does control the foglights.

i'm sure a dealer can change that for you
(but i dunno if it's programmable, or not,
or how they do that)
I own a 06 and mine only come on when i turn the light switch . I see a lot of 05 - 09s and the lights are off
Old 5/19/19, 01:09 AM

Gravydog316 your headlight switch actually does something. They turn off your DRL and turn on your headlights. Did you ever notice that the colour changes on your dash when you flip the switch to headlights on?
Yes i live in ottawa myself and even though i have DRL, switching the headlight switch made my headlights brighter for night driving. Though it's not law to have your indicators light up constantly during the day.
I've worked on bypassing the DRL system so the angel eyes would light up in place of the DRL. So I know a little about it. Hehe.
m05fastbackGT (5/19/19)
Old 5/19/19, 06:38 AM
GT Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Hey Gravydog you may want to take a walk around your car at night. I would think that If you are using the DRL at night you most likely your taillights are not on. The newer DRL are so bright that some people think that there lights are on. And don't even know that they are driving with no taillights. In my opinion this is one or the worst things that the car manufacturers and governments have done. I feel that when the car starts headlights and taillight should be auto on at all times. In a lot of states you are supposed to have headlights on in the rain. So the manufactures could also make sure that if the wipers or on the headlights would come on also. It would be so easy to do and would eliminate the problem with so many people driving without there lights on. Just on of my pet peeves. Sorry for the rant.
m05fastbackGT (5/19/19)
Old 5/19/19, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by JimB.
Hey Gravydog you may want to take a walk around your car at night. I would think that If you are using the DRL at night you most likely your taillights are not on. The newer DRL are so bright that some people think that there lights are on. And don't even know that they are driving with no taillights. In my opinion this is one or the worst things that the car manufacturers and governments have done. I feel that when the car starts headlights and taillight should be auto on at all times. In a lot of states you are supposed to have headlights on in the rain. So the manufactures could also make sure that if the wipers or on the headlights would come on also. It would be so easy to do and would eliminate the problem with so many people driving without there lights on. Just on of my pet peeves. Sorry for the rant.
^This! SO much this! I totally forgot to mention this. Its one of my biggest pet peeves too. I always honk or flash my high beams when i see drivers do this.

Quick Reply: 05-09 front turn signals