1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Theft resistant cobra emblem

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/05, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a whim I sent an e-mail to the owner of MustangMedallions.com asking for help. I was surprised a month later when I got a reply. Anyone that's interested please send an e-mail to Paul!

Paul,
I'm sure I speak for the rest of the Cobra community when I tell you we are interested in a metal cobra emblem for the sides of our cars. Too many times we have arrived at our cars and found the plastic snake emblems missing.
We are interested in a bolt-on emblem or one that can be welded onto the car. Something that is not easy for some low-life to pry off the car. Can you help us?
-Dale Clark
Largo, Florida

Dale:

Thanks for the idea.
Sorry so long in responding.
I'm sending the idea to the Artist today.
We currently have been working hard to make enough CobraMedallions for the 99 up Cobra.

At the present time we working to fulfil another request: a small CobraMedallion that will fit on a 94-98 Cobra.
One thing about the fender emblem, we would have to make two models, both left and right.
tough to make them very close to the same.
thanks for your comments.
Regards,
Paul Hach, Owner of MustangMedallions.com
Old 2/7/05, 01:01 PM
GTR Member

I hope they have them out soon. Great Job Dale!
Old 2/7/05, 03:14 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by REDFIRESNAKE@February 7, 2005, 12:38 PM
Something that is not easy for some low-life to pry off the car. Can you help us?
First, I am aware of the problem. Second, I find it commendable you are taking the initiative to do something about it.

And now the bomb. What do you think will happen to a Cobra that has a bolt on emblem and can't be taken off by some lowlife who for starters has no respect for others? Can you picture his reaction when he finds out steps have been taken to deny him "his" prey?

You can take a guess, but I can just about guarantee that "polishing" it will not be one of them.
Old 2/7/05, 03:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
True. It will make it harder, but consider what MAY happen. I've read of people who did the same for the front poney, and they ended up totally mangling the front once the plastic pony didn't just pop off.
Old 2/7/05, 06:53 PM
GTR Member

Yah, He will prollly Hack saw through the fenders, A fair punishment for this is the death sentence.

Old 2/7/05, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

1BULLITT and JeffreyDJ are both correct in what may happen and trust me when I say that I've already considered that possibility. I was considering just doing away with the emblems- taking it to the body shop and having them fill in the holes and just paint the area and be done with it.
But why should I let these jerks control what I can put on my car? When I had my '86 GT I had a really nice (at the time) CD player. It had a snap-off plate that I took with me whenever I left the car. Well...guess what.. they smashed in the passenger window and took the speakers. I'd wondered when I had the deck installed if someone would take a claw hammer to it just to be spiteful but surprisingly they didn't touch it. I'm hoping...and this is pending on a manufacturer even making these things to begin with..that they might just leave it alone when they find out it's not so easy to acquire.
Anyway..this has been a dream of mine since the snakes were stolen off my '96 Cobra a month after I got her and I settled for decals being put on where the emblems used to be.
And why hasn't Ford addressed this problem? Maybe because they're the ones selling new emblems every time someone steals them?
Sorry to rant, but even if nothing comes of this I feel better for at least trying to do something about it.
Old 2/7/05, 06:58 PM
GTR Member

wow, I understand, Pisses people off when their stuff gets taken. I would be ticked If I were you. How many emblems have u lost so far? 3? I cant believe no 1 has done anything about it yet. Why Dont you go ahead with the emblems and if someone mangles something, Insureance company, -Hello, I am Dale _____, I Had my car vandalized by a F** idiot in Wal Mart Parking lot. lol I would do that. tragic about the 86, low lifes...
Old 2/7/05, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

You're right Doug! Really makes my blood boil when they do things like that! BTW, congrats on 1000 posts!!!!!!
Old 2/7/05, 08:03 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
My main point is replacing the emblems is a lot less expensive than having paint and body repair done. Any SOB who steals emblems in the shadows will cause heaven knows what amount of damage just to "get even" and harm the owner because he had the nerve to prevent him from taking free emblems. The other point and side effect is having to do a repair where paint might be required. Any new paint which goes on the car will never match the original from the factory.

As for Ford not doing anything about it, it boils down to the bean counters. Placing or sticking an emblem is a lot cheaper and faster than bolting one on.
Old 2/7/05, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Correct on all counts 1BULLITT! I'm just really stubborn about giving in to the scum that do these kinds of things.
Old 2/8/05, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

This is the same reason I do not want to get the new whell-lug knockoff "spinners" that fit our wheels...

Some idiot is going to try and steal them and end up just breaking them since they are just plastic. He won't realize they are not just screwed into place and will probably try banging on it or standing on it to try and "loosen" it up, while really he'll just break it.

End result is I still have to get a new spinner....

Thieves stink
Old 2/8/05, 02:30 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by REDFIRESNAKE@February 7, 2005, 8:06 PM
You're right Doug! Really makes my blood boil when they do things like that! BTW, congrats on 1000 posts!!!!!!
Yah, 1004 posts!!!
Havent seen you on here in awhile? Nice to see you post again. Too bad I have a stupid c/t back to the topic, You can have th epaint matched and aged at a body shop, they do it for hard tonneau covers for trucks. What are you gonna do? Paint the fenders and shave the emblems or weld on new ones?
Old 2/8/05, 05:56 PM
GTR Member

Someone ripped the molding off of my dads 86 a few years ago. He got home from work and he noticed it was missing. He had just painted it and the moldings were fresh on. The passenger side molding was ripped off and left the double face tape all over the door. He was pissed! Here is a pic after he located and painted and installed a new molding from an 85.
Old 2/8/05, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200+February 8, 2005, 3:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ February 8, 2005, 3:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-REDFIRESNAKE@February 7, 2005, 8:06 PM
Yah, 1004 posts!!!
Havent seen you on here in awhile? Nice to see you post again. Too bad I have a stupid c/t back to the topic, You can have th epaint matched and aged at a body shop, they do it for hard tonneau covers for trucks. What are you gonna do? Paint the fenders and shave the emblems or weld on new ones?
[/b][/quote]
If someone makes a bolt-on or weldable snake it's going on the car!
Old 2/8/05, 07:13 PM
V6 Member

bolt on sounds good,but if they try to steal it it wont come off but will probly end up bending the fender and scratching it,it rather have the stick on ones but imo
Old 2/8/05, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I think it would be great if a I could find a body shop to recess it. I've seen pony emblems like that. I like how it looks.
Old 2/8/05, 07:22 PM

Why not just have the cobra emblem air-brushed onto the car?
They they couldn't take it no matter what!
Old 2/9/05, 07:26 AM
GTR Member

Well, when you spend all that money on airbrushing, the thief will in return key it all up when he cant take it home.........
Old 2/9/05, 05:46 PM
GT Member

One thing that pisses me off is when mustang owners who got their emblems ripped off just go and steal the next guys, I've heard of a number of people that do this.
Old 2/9/05, 06:24 PM
GTR Member

Really? Like the Buick Hubcap days? They should have the death sentence too.

Quick Reply: Theft resistant cobra emblem