1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Sitting in garage

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/17, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sitting in garage

So i have a 99 gt 4.6 auto shift kit. Been sitting in my garage for 2 years not driven. Needs some work to get back out on road. When i start it up i have to keep foot on gas to keep it running. Could be maf sensor but i really haven't dug into that. My main concern is that i haven't changed oil just yet but going to tomorrow. But when i start it before oil pressure goes.up to normal then 10 seconds later drops all the way down. Im gonna change oil and oil pressure sensor. I dont hear a knocking.but i hear a tick. Dont know if its old gas,exgaust leak. I hope its not a lifter. Any suggestions on what else i should be doing to get back on road. Probably should bleed brakes too
Old 10/12/17, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
definitely go through all of the fluids...engine, trans, rear end, power steering, blinker, and absolutely get rid of all of the brake fluid, as brake fluid attracts water, and that's not good for the brake cylinders/calipers.
Old 12/4/17, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW the IAC valve goes bad in these. I had a 1998 and my current 2000 4.6 Mustangs both had that part go bad. Make sure you look at the actual part on your throttle body as there are 2 different ones used.