1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Should I Upgrade My 2003 MACH 1 or Let It Be.

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/17, 11:12 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The more I drive mine the more I like it.....all new fluids / MGW shifter / JLT-CAI....cruises very nice.... I am 58 & don't abuse it.....just enjoy the power & handling / 14,000 miles.....don't plan on doing anything else to it.....runs great !
Old 8/11/17, 09:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
NEW UPDATE: Hello to everyone and thank youfor following me and my never ending saga with my car. I got the new headlights OEM style but with non-amber colored signal indicators. My turnsignal bulb is amber but not the headlight housing, it looks really good I gotthem from LMR. With every sweet victory there is a little salt, I noticedthe seal on my passenger headlight is not good; moisture is able to seep induring rain and car washings. Yes I checked where my bulb screws in andthey are very tight. I called LMR and basically they wanted me to buyanother set and turn back in the bad set and they will refund my money. Itold them send me only the passenger side and I will return the bad one withthe same postage. I got the welllllll,the black background might be slightly off so we don’t want to do that. I said I don’t care the paint chips will drawtheir eyes away from them starring in the headlight and noticing the black is alittle off. They are not as customerfriendly as American Muscle. Right now I am dealing with this by drivingaround with my light to dry it out. I have put in a MGW short shifterwith the race handle and I have to admit, the throws are very short. I hadto relearn how to shift and there is no wiggle when you are in neutral. Ibeen driving manuals for years and I forgot what gear I was in a few times andhad to throw it in neutral and go from there. I TRULY RECOMMEND if youwant a REAL SHORT SHIFTER MGW is the way to go. Don't get me Steeda isgood too, but they do not have a short throw as I like and it is smoothshifting. But MGW you will find 3 gear and you won’t miss either. I putin SR adjustable clutch cable and no issue. It took me a min to dialit in just right since you can adjust at the clutch fork and fire wall. It took me a week to get it adjusted just how I wanted, so no issuesthere. I currently have 159,000 miles onit right and the 2nd engine is doing well. As far as normal wear and tear, I changed outthe ball joints and re-aligned everything it drove like a new car. When I had my rear brakes changed out thedriver side caliper would not press in all the way. Had to get a new caliper and not issue fromthat. I put on a JLT CAI and JLT oilcatch can (passenger side), CAI is good did not notice the big increase inHP. I think this did not happen because Ide snorkeled my car and that is when I notice I got a little HP, plus I had adrop in K&N air filter. Now what I did notice is the sucking air noise ismore prone when the exhaust and engine noise is at low roar and throttleresponse picked up a few notches. Theoil catch can is still dry and I mean dry not even moisture after 5000 miles ofuse. I was told that MACH1 need the oilcatch can on the driver side. A guy I metwho has a MACH1 with a procharger told me that and that he caught no oil on thepassenger side. I will do more researchbefore throwing another $139.00 for something. Last but not least I got a BAMA Turner, I am not going to wright anotherpage of what is going on with that however, I will keep it brief. If you don’t know you get 3 tunes, streettune (which is base off of all modes that are on your car, for example CAI& SLP for me), 93 octane (that is what I requested and the only gas I putin my car) Perf and Race tune. The streettune is making my car run perfect if not better than stock. The race and performance tune has made my carping when under load. Did some datalogging at their request and it still pinged, after they gave me a re-tuneadjusted from my data logging. Now I am on version 4 for my re-tune, they sentme a tune in the email but not have used it yet. I am going to AM Festival up in PA and wantmy car to drive normal, every time I reset the computer with the tuner, my airand fuel cycles are off until the care goes through a few drive cycles. Okaythat is all for now if you have any questions please ask me, talk to you later.