1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

performance

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/11, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
performance

Hey guys and gals I am new here I have a 2000 gt and recently put a bbk cai and ark cat back exhaust but was really wanting to know what more I can do to get power out of the car besides supercharger I would like to get headers, mid pipe, throttle body and chip but what else could I do and what would be the best parts to get thanks
Old 1/5/11, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shaunrc
Hey guys and gals I am new here I have a 2000 gt and recently put a bbk cai and ark cat back exhaust but was really wanting to know what more I can do to get power out of the car besides supercharger I would like to get headers, mid pipe, throttle body and chip but what else could I do and what would be the best parts to get thanks
Underdrives, a new timing adjuster (steeda) and get that cdc shaker hood scoop. Thats about all i can ink of besides everything else you got
Old 1/5/11, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok now I am not too mechanically sound I hear people talking about throwing a plenum and throttle body but do I get both or are they the same cause they look the same kinda lol I hate not knowing
Old 1/5/11, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok now I am not too mechanically sound I hear people talking about throwing a plenum and throttle body but do I get both or are they the same cause they look the same kinda lol I hate not knowing
Well they go together pretty much. I would get the throttle body and plenum together. Head to americanmuscle.com and check their selection. Youd be surprised with what they got
Old 1/5/11, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok thanks I appreciate it
Old 1/5/11, 11:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

No prob, and of course if ya got questions and stuff you know where ta go
Old 1/6/11, 01:04 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I have the trickflow throttle body and plenum and have been pretty happy with them. From what I've read though the best TB for our cars is the 75mm accufab with the c&l plenum. I'd personally stay away from professional products, stack racing, and bbk. I've seen a lot of people claim they had sticking with the throttle bodies.
Old 1/6/11, 02:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok thanks cause I was going to go with the bbk but you don't think that the 78 mm is good for air flow
Old 1/6/11, 02:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I have the trickflow throttle body and plenum and have been pretty happy with them. From what I've read though the best TB for our cars is the 75mm accufab with the c&l plenum. I'd personally stay away from professional products, stack racing, and bbk. I've seen a lot of people claim they had sticking with the throttle bodies.
Can you give me a web site where I can find them thanks
Old 1/6/11, 04:47 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Have you thought about a different set of gears?
Old 1/6/11, 10:36 AM

Summit has the trickflow stuff. I've seen the c&l plenum at brenspeed and the accufab plenum is pretty much at any mustang parts site, though it tends to be kinda pricy. I can get you some direct links tonight if you want. I'm on my phone right now.
Old 1/6/11, 10:52 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2v cars like cams and long tubes. Some nice patriot performance heads would be wicked too.

Also 3.73 or 4.10 gears are great.
Old 1/6/11, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Summit has the trickflow stuff. I've seen the c&l plenum at brenspeed and the accufab plenum is pretty much at any mustang parts site, though it tends to be kinda pricy. I can get you some direct links tonight if you want. I'm on my phone right now.
Yeah that would be great thanks
Old 1/6/11, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Knight
2v cars like cams and long tubes. Some nice patriot performance heads would be wicked too.

Also 3.73 or 4.10 gears are great.
Now I would love to cam it and gear it but I drive 60 miles a day to work and back do you think that would drop the mpg a lot
Old 1/6/11, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Now I would love to cam it and gear it but I drive 60 miles a day to work and back do you think that would drop the mpg a lot
Depending on the gearing. I would go 3.75 to keep your mileage pretty decent. I dont know how much cams would affect your ,ileage but if anything i would just get stage 2 cams. Plus they make the cars idle sound straight sexy!
Old 1/6/11, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

K bro I have the exact same car as you. Even black. Now trust me when I tell ya I went about building mine all wrong. Now please trust me as I have the exact same car as you. Gears/tuner combo from American muscle should be your first mod. I went 3.90 gears and love them. In a 5 speed you rev at about 2000 at 60 mph so you don't really lose much highway mpg for a kick *** take off. Next is exhaust. If you have sniffer laws try to save your stock stuff for sniffer days. K you NEED long tubes or else just stick with your stock exhaust manifolds cause those crappy shorty headers are a total waste of money. Next is intake to take advantage if your new exhaust. Accufab is the best on the maker but you are gonna pay for it. I just ground out my stock plenum cause I love the horse on it and bought a 70 mm throttle body. Unless you are gonna boost your motor anything bigger doesn't gain you anything. I have heard ok things about the bbk tb/plenum combo but I have no firsthand experience with them. K unless you can do the work yourself cams cost too much for the 15 hp gain when you figure it out a used blower will cost about the same for 100 hp. Remember bro I have the same car and I am running high 12s on 100 hp zex shot of nitrous and I built this car on a serious budget as I have a family to feed. Pm me if you want any more info. I am happy to help. On our cars a cai doesn't do ****. Just put a high flow air filter and take off that snorkel that is on the airbox and you have a home made cai for the price of the filter. A tuner is the most important part for our cars because any mod you make you have to compensate with the tuner or you aren't gaining anything. Pm me bro and I will get you fast cheap
Old 1/6/11, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Everett
K bro I have the exact same car as you. Even black. Now trust me when I tell ya I went about building mine all wrong. Now please trust me as I have the exact same car as you. Gears/tuner combo from American muscle should be your first mod. I went 3.90 gears and love them. In a 5 speed you rev at about 2000 at 60 mph so you don't really lose much highway mpg for a kick *** take off. Next is exhaust. If you have sniffer laws try to save your stock stuff for sniffer days. K you NEED long tubes or else just stick with your stock exhaust manifolds cause those crappy shorty headers are a total waste of money. Next is intake to take advantage if your new exhaust. Accufab is the best on the maker but you are gonna pay for it. I just ground out my stock plenum cause I love the horse on it and bought a 70 mm throttle body. Unless you are gonna boost your motor anything bigger doesn't gain you anything. I have heard ok things about the bbk tb/plenum combo but I have no firsthand experience with them. K unless you can do the work yourself cams cost too much for the 15 hp gain when you figure it out a used blower will cost about the same for 100 hp. Remember bro I have the same car and I am running high 12s on 100 hp zex shot of nitrous and I built this car on a serious budget as I have a family to feed. Pm me if you want any more info. I am happy to help. On our cars a cai doesn't do ****. Just put a high flow air filter and take off that snorkel that is on the airbox and you have a home made cai for the price of the filter. A tuner is the most important part for our cars because any mod you make you have to compensate with the tuner or you aren't gaining anything. Pm me bro and I will get you fast cheap
Cool thanks I appreciae it I am on a serious budget too cause I am trying to buy a house I wish I could just drop 10 grand into my baby now but I have to wait d@mn it
Old 1/6/11, 10:02 PM

Here's some more info on TBs and plenums. 75mm is perfectly fine and I only wish I'd have seen the thread before I got my 70mm.

Trickflow TB and Plenum combo - $270

(Trickflow TB - $170, Plenum - $100)

C&L Plenum - American Muscle $140, Brenspeed $140)

Accufab TB - $230

Do some searching on AllFordMustangs. Lots of good technical info over there, though be careful asking questions. They can get kinda harsh at times.
Old 1/7/11, 03:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Here's some more info on TBs and plenums. 75mm is perfectly fine and I only wish I'd have seen the thread before I got my 70mm.

Trickflow TB and Plenum combo - $270

(Trickflow TB - $170, Plenum - $100)

C&L Plenum - American Muscle $140, Brenspeed $140)

Accufab TB - $230

Do some searching on AllFordMustangs. Lots of good technical info over there, though be careful asking questions. They can get kinda harsh at times.
Cool thanks so much for everything
Old 1/8/11, 11:42 AM

Def get gears. They make a huge difference. Just make sure you get FRPP and find a reliable shop to install them.

Quick Reply: performance