1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

new exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/04 | 08:15 PM

A while back I posted that i put a bassani x-pipe with an american thunder (flowmaster) catback on my car....I didn't like the sound combo. So I just put a spintech catback system on it tonight....however, the spintech tailpipes were not going to fit because they hit the gas tank. I had to use my flowmaster rplease let me know if you know something I don't, or can give give me some reason as to why this is....does anyone make and exhaust that fits without modification?
Old 9/1/04 | 09:37 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

If they were designed for your particular model, then generally its not a problem. I've only welded mufflers into the stock cat-back so I cant tell ya about different brands fitment.
Old 9/2/04 | 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I see you didnt take the advise that was given. I would say that your kinda stuck with using the flowmaster stuff unless you wanna go to a muffler shop and have them weld in the other exhaust stuff. Thats the reason I was advising you get magnaflow. I have never heard of anyone having issues getting their stuff to fit.
Old 9/2/04 | 07:54 PM

Don't take it personal bro, I just liked the sound of the spintech with my X-pipe...just personal preference. The dealer said he would take back the tail pipes, so I will just use the flowmaster ones. Now ,I only have to sell the flowmaster mufflers. anyway, I have the sound I wanted though, but have learned that customer service is near dead in the world!!!!!!!!!!!! I also wanted to thank everyone who offered up advise, it helped to get me straightened out.
Old 9/3/04 | 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

No prob man atleast you got what you wanted. The only reason I really pushed the magnaflow mufflers was because they stuff is really high quality and it fits the way it should. I know for a fact that mac stuff is hard to put on. I had heard the same about spintech.
Old 9/3/04 | 10:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

glad you got it straight. never had any problems with mac on my old 86. and my 92 already had them on there when i bought it.