1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

early gift from a TX State Trooper...

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/07, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool early gift from a TX State Trooper...

I decided to make a quick drive (pun intended) down the highway towards the windmills; close to the same route taken from my previous video thread with the in-car video. I was doing a good speed, when i slowed down to take a corner/curve. These roads are wide open as they wind through the hills, and sparsely populated. You may see 1 car every mile or so, and the roadway is a good 30-40 yards across. the turns are so sweeping, you could probably doing well over 100mph through them, but I wasn't trying to kill myself, just have a little fun.

So anyway, I'm cruising around this curve, just about to step back on the gas when i see Mr. State Trooper coming down on me around the curve in front of me. At that point, it was already too late, but i hit the brakes even harder anyway. By the time I could look up in my rear view mirror, I saw his patrol car entering my lane and blue lights a-flashing.

Pulled over, went through the whole routine (...getting a little 'too routine' for my liking actually, lol), but they actually pulled me out of the car, asked all kinds of questions, i was super polite and respectful, and then they want to start looking at the Bullitt a little closer, and not in the good way.

Long story short, on top of the speeding ticket, they also wrote in an equipment violation for each headlight and taillight for having them blacked out... try as i did, i couldn't convince them that they were removeable AND it was broad daylight outside.

so that's my lovely early present from the Texas Dept of Safety...

oh yeah, the ticket was for 24 over the speed limit.
and is it wrong that i still have a grin on my face from the FUN i had??
Old 12/24/07, 06:33 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch, that bites lol.

But I don't see why they didnt beleive that they were removable. They're freakin clip-ons lol. I know, because I have them too!

sigh* At least you had fun though
Old 12/24/07, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I decided to make a quick drive (pun intended) down the highway towards the windmills; close to the same route taken from my previous video thread with the in-car video. I was doing a good speed, when i slowed down to take a corner/curve. These roads are wide open as they wind through the hills, and sparsely populated. You may see 1 car every mile or so, and the roadway is a good 30-40 yards across. the turns are so sweeping, you could probably doing well over 100mph through them, but I wasn't trying to kill myself, just have a little fun.

So anyway, I'm cruising around this curve, just about to step back on the gas when i see Mr. State Trooper coming down on me around the curve in front of me. At that point, it was already too late, but i hit the brakes even harder anyway. By the time I could look up in my rear view mirror, I saw his patrol car entering my lane and blue lights a-flashing.

Pulled over, went through the whole routine (...getting a little 'too routine' for my liking actually, lol), but they actually pulled me out of the car, asked all kinds of questions, i was super polite and respectful, and then they want to start looking at the Bullitt a little closer, and not in the good way.

Long story short, on top of the speeding ticket, they also wrote in an equipment violation for each headlight and taillight for having them blacked out... try as i did, i couldn't convince them that they were removeable AND it was broad daylight outside.

so that's my lovely early present from the Texas Dept of Safety...

oh yeah, the ticket was for 24 over the speed limit.
and is it wrong that i still have a grin on my face from the FUN i had??
Sounds like you might be what we call a Repeat Offender!
Old 12/25/07, 06:59 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Looks like we both received a little paper gift/fine this Christmas season!!
Old 12/25/07, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by future9er24
Ouch, that bites lol.

But I don't see why they didnt beleive that they were removable. They're freakin clip-ons lol. I know, because I have them too!

sigh* At least you had fun though
that part actually does p*ss me off just a bit, because when the one trooper asked me to turn on my lights, i actually asked him if he wanted me to pop the hood and remove the covers. his response: "doesn't matter, you were driving with them ON." I said yeah, but it's broad daylight out, I take them off at night when i actually have to use them."

Then with the tail lights he said they have to be seen from 1000ft away... fair enough, but again, it's BROAD frickin' daylight outside. at night you can't tell there's anything on them...

ah well, yes, at least i had fun. I actually had a huge grin on my face standing there on the side of the highway. lol
my next mod is going to be a radar detector.

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Looks like we both received a little paper gift/fine this Christmas season!!
yeah, lol, they're pretty NON-awesome, aren't they?
Old 12/25/07, 11:12 AM
Post *****

Yeah, I do the exact same thing with my covers at night. Its ridiculous trying to visit my friends late at night with them on (they all live up in the mountains of woodside )

Here's hoping I don't get one of those this holiday season
Old 12/26/07, 03:36 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
Its ridiculous trying to visit my friends late at night with them on (they all live up in the mountains of woodside )
Its more rediculous that you even have them
Old 12/27/07, 07:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atleast you guys have your mustangs to drive this winter.its going on two months! sigh, i might not remember how to drive a 5 speed by the time i get it back! LOL

definitely dont want to get me any paper for the holidays, luckily i deal with most of the officers on a day to day basis since i work for the Sheriff's Office so as long as im not totally retarded im okay!
Old 12/27/07, 04:57 PM
Post *****

Just be glad that the reasoun you're out of your car is upgrades, not repairs lol :P

And Chris, every group of friends has the awesome crazy delusional handsome fellow. AKA: me
Old 12/27/07, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
that part actually does p*ss me off just a bit, because when the one trooper asked me to turn on my lights, i actually asked him if he wanted me to pop the hood and remove the covers. his response: "doesn't matter, you were driving with them ON." I said yeah, but it's broad daylight out, I take them off at night when i actually have to use them."

Then with the tail lights he said they have to be seen from 1000ft away... fair enough, but again, it's BROAD frickin' daylight outside. at night you can't tell there's anything on them...

ah well, yes, at least i had fun. I actually had a huge grin on my face standing there on the side of the highway. lol
my next mod is going to be a radar Jammer.

yeah, lol, they're pretty NON-awesome, aren't they?
Fixed!
Old 12/28/07, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by boduke0220
Fixed!
i like your thinking... lol
Old 12/28/07, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't get mad. You broke the law. Gotta pay to play.
Old 12/29/07, 05:40 PM

nowhere in any of my posts did i say anything about being mad (except for the inspection bit). on the contrary, i said i had a huge grin on my face from having so much fun.
Old 12/29/07, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

When i get my 1st ticket the mustang goes bye bye =(
Old 1/7/08, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Sounds like you have a good attitude about it. I can see where your coming from on the headlights. But the tail lights are a different story. In bright daylight as you described, taillight covers severely limit the light visibility.

Visible brake lights during the day is a much needed necessity. I've been behind guys with them before and I had to be right on top of them to even see when he was braking. That's not good at all
Old 1/7/08, 01:46 PM
Post *****

I have those taillight/headlight covers as well, and while i do take off the headlight ones at night, i can assure you even with th covers on the taillights are perfectly visible, even in broad daylight. Besides, with the black covers on there is now a higher contrast between "brakes off" and "brakes on" that the drivers behind me CAN'T miss

You mentioned being behind guys with them before and not being able to see them. I sincerely doubt that they were using the same covers as us. Some people are knon to actually spray a few coats of black over the lense to "tint" the lights. It might have been those, but i know for a fact you can see past these tailight covers in the day.
Old 1/14/08, 08:22 PM
GT Member

I like your attitude
Old 2/6/08, 09:56 PM

I don't think its ever legal to have blacked out headlights even during the day which is stupid but i am pretty sure its illegal whether its light out or not
Old 2/8/08, 08:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by conv_stang
atleast you guys have your mustangs to drive this winter.its going on two months! sigh, i might not remember how to drive a 5 speed by the time i get it back! LOL

definitely dont want to get me any paper for the holidays, luckily i deal with most of the officers on a day to day basis since i work for the Sheriff's Office so as long as im not totally retarded im okay!

Hey, at least you can open your garage door and look at a Mustang. I'm not going to be able to touch one for YEARS!!!