1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

CCRM question. Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/10 | 06:36 PM

CCRM question. Please help!!!

Hey guys,
Last summer my A/C went out in my 2002 Mustang GT. I took it to the shop and they diagnosed it as the CCRM. I didn't do much about it because summer was almost over. About 3 weeks ago I purchased one off of ebay that matched the part number the guy at my local Ford Dealership told me was correct.

In case the picture doesnt show up that is part number F8ZF-12B581-AB with service part number of F6SF-12B577-AB and a big "R" on the right side
When I pulled mine out it had a part number of 1R3F-12B581-AA and a service part number of 1R3F-12B577-AA and a big "B" on the right side.

Obviously these part numbers are different, but I bought what the Ford Parts guy told me and I figured since I already had it apart I would try it. I put that part in the car and the A/C still didn't work.
I may sound dumb but is the part that different that it would effect the AC still not working? I mean the shop diagnosed it as the CCRM back in August of last year and this part didn't fix it.
I went to the shop today because I was going to have them order a new one and put it in but the part is on backorder now so my only bet is to find a used one and buy it, but I don't want to buy another one if that is not the problem? I don't really know what to do, and it is stressing me out because it is hot and I need the AC. The leather is killing me.
Please let me know what I should do from here.
I found one at MPS with the right number I am just leery of buying it if its not the right thing.
http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/sunsho..._detail&p=2984
I just don't know if the part number will really effect this or something else is wrong other than the CCRM?
Old 7/19/10 | 06:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, they are that different. Different engines, different PCMs, different cars.

Why the parts guy would give you that other part number is... odd. The first number of the 'new' one is for a 1998 car, whereas the one in your car is for, I think, a 2003. (or made for the next year, maybe your '02 is a 'tweener.) It's not unlikely that the 1R3F would supersede the F8ZF one, but kinda unlikely the other way around...

And to be honest, there's no actual guarantee it's not somewhere else in the system, and it's causing this thing to go out... Not to scare ya any.

Can we ask how they determined it's the CCRM?

Edit:
http://bmj9975.rewazule.com/part_num.htm
I know now that indeed, parts guy steered you wrong:
F8ZF= 1998 Ford Mustang. (Read first set of decoder) (F=90's 8=1998, Z=Mustang, F=Ford responsible for design [I think... maybe... I really dunno, but I'm guessing.])
1R3F= 2001 Ford Mustang. (Read second set.) (1=2001, R3=Mustang, F= same as above)

They simply used the '01 designed part in '02 cars. So again, what the parts guy and/or the parts catalog smoking when he told you that.... I dunno.

Last edited by houtex; 7/19/10 at 07:08 PM.
Old 7/19/10 | 09:43 PM

That is really weird that the part number is that far off! Thanks for all your research you helped me way more than anyone else has! I don't remember how they determined it was the CCRM because it has been a year ago since they diagnosed it. I am glad I didn't buy a new part from Ford with the wrong part number. The one I bought only cost 20 dollars! It is actually in the car right now and has been and everything else but the A/C works. My luck I am doing more damage by having that in there. I plan to switch it as soon as I find the new part. I guess I could repair the old one but I have heard that doesn't always work.
Old 10/13/12 | 06:03 PM

Hey guys, im looking into buying a nice 01' mustang but needs a CCRM and was wondering what exactly that does for the car?? Is it very important?