1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Are BF Goodrich T/A KDW tires good?

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/05, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey everybody,

i'm only 13, but i'll be driving at 14, in like 9 months, lol but yes i own my mustang, so i don't konw a lot about the performance upgrades and what i should do first. im a mustang fanatic so i can tell almost any year if i see it rollin down the street but i need some help and opinions.

i bought my car in septemeber and my left rear tire is incredibly bald, but the front two are good. im thinkin about buying the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 245/45 YR 17 tires. i can get them for $143 at Tire Rack, is that a good price? So i'm wonderin are these good, i want them to have good handling in dry and wet weather bein a first time driver, but i want them to perform well, just street light racin my friends. does anybody know how many miles those are good for, i thought around 50,000, but thats a guess. And whats the difference between YR and ZR? cause theres some Gforce Sport 245/45 ZR 17 for 109, but the KDW have the best dry and wet handling.

also, i'm lookin for more visual upgrades right now, being i can only sit in it and show it to my friends so i was wonderin what some of you guys may have done to visually upgrade your car. i only have about $500 to spend so i need to keep it cheap. i just bought some Stainless Steel bumper inserts that say MUSTANG GT on the rear bumper where it has indentions.

I've thought about neon under car lighting, if you check out www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/mustang.htm, just scroll down and you'll see the plasmaglow 2.1 million color underbody kit. is that worth $ 300? its pretty neat and three times brighter than neon. but i'm not 100% sure if those are street legal in Lincoln Nebraska, i'm sure they're fine to turn on at car shows and stuff but are they ok to have goin down the street at night? i can find one color neon for like 160 dolla. also right above that is a g tech pro performance meter. that looks aweosme, i really want to know what my horse power is and what it'll run 1/4 mile. that ones three hundred, but i can get one that doesn't have quite all those graphs for 200, you can go to www.gtechpro.com and that'll show the SS version i'd get. so if anyone has one of those if you could let me know if they work and do they work for all cars, cause my dad has a 64 Falcon he'd like to use it on, that'd be great!

So, if anybody has got any ideas on sweet visual upgrades or needs some websites to check some stuff out, i've got tons. please let me know what you guys think. Thanx!
Old 6/22/05, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

If the car isnt going to get driven for 9 months, get the cheapest tires you can because they will be flat spotted and probably dry rotted by then.

Neons are for hondas, probably gonna get flamed for that one, but I think they look "ricey"

The gtechs are ok, but dont expect them to be dead on accurate by any means. That is what a track and a dyno is for.

If you are buying tires anyways, you might want to look at some nice wheels as well. If yours has stock wheels that is. You can pick up some nice new wheels for anywhere from $400 on up.
Old 6/22/05, 10:46 PM
Cobra Member

1.. What year Mustang?

2... Where can you drive at 14?

3.. The tires are fine

4.. Street racing at your age or any other will kill you

5.. Neons are a major no no for any car

6..Why do I think this whole past is bogus?
Old 6/23/05, 10:09 PM

ok, first off scott's questions, it's a black 1995 GT mustang 5-speed. I'm gettin my school and/or learner's permit at 14, you can hear in Nebraska, lol. and when i say street racing i don't mean like blockin off roads illegaly and stuff like in fast and furious. i mean like at americruise, my dad has a 64 Falcon he drove there and a guy in a tauros pulled up next to us rolled his window down said on green we go, and we just laughed and sorta said ok, then we smoked him when the light turned green, then at the next light he was beside us and he said oh, my nitrous slipped, (jokingly). so thats what i mean, just at a street light, i wanna be able to accelerate, and also down at Scribner, you can drag race when you're sixteen, so only 2 and half years a way.

and if you go to the website i posted in the first message, that'll show you a SWEET mustang, (also at bottom of this message) i don't get how that doens't look great. I mean, i'd love neons like that and a sweet vinyl, ima prolly get two stripes the same blue as my decal with a white outline. anyways, what do you mean the whole past is bogus, past what?

but to Joker, the add in muscle mustangs and fords said within 1/100 of a second accurate to the NHRA drag thing, guranteed, but i just still want to know an estimate of my horsepower.

and about my tires, my Dad drives me around fairly often, we prolly put around 400 miles on it a month, give or take a little. so we need good tires, cause i'm gonna be warming up in it, lol, right now i'm learning how to drive a 5 speed in a little blue festiva of my grandpas (grandpa use to be mechanic at police garage, so he does most my work, he just replaced a barring on the axle and has it in the air with no tires on it. so we will be driving it and my dad wants to go to the drag strip once we get tires to see what it'll run, so it'll be driven.

but also when you said get wheels for around 400 dollars, did you mean for 4 or each. cause thats cheap for four so i'd like to know where, but i found some sweet ones that go on the 05 that'll fit for 200 a piece, so i'll prolly get that next summer or the year after. alright, i think that answers all the questions and let me know if i didn't answer anything and what yall think.

opinions are always appreciated, even if you think what i want to do is stupid, let me know.

http://www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/mustang.htm, thats the website for the pic of the sweet stang with "neons, LED kit" just copy and paste it, check it out (you have to scroll down a bit), and let me know what you think of those underbody lights.