1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Bad luck and a 2004 Cobra Hood

Search this Thread

Old 2/29/08, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad luck and a 2004 Cobra Hood

Hey now. Well my car has a bit of damage on it and its finally going to be repaired. A while back I posted about my car getting a hit and run to the driver side fender, and then later on about a second hit and run to the driver side quater panel. Reason I didnt repair it right away is because I had to pay for it myself and focused my money more on mechanical maintanence instead.

So, I live at school now and have my car at home. My dad has been using it recently because the lease on his explorer was up and he couldnt decide what he was going to get next. Besides, I'm pretty sure he just likes driving my car.....which i dont really mind.

Anways now I get to my point. I got a phone call the other day from dad, he got into an accident while driving my car. The only thing that really concerned me was that he was alright which he is, as well as the other person. However, now my passenger side fender, front light, and bumper are all messed up. The lady pulls out onto the highway from the entrance ramp, and then stops completely short because she thought she was going the wrong way....my dad who was getting into the exit lane unfortunatly didnt have enough time to react and hit her. But she was fine and didnt care about her car because it was a company car.

SO.....now my dad is telling me we'll just go through his insurance to fix everything. So basically I've had the ****tiest luck with my car, but in the end am getting it all taken care of. So now since the whole front end is going to be redone I plan on getting a 2004 cobra hood for my car. So I guess my real question is if anyone here knows a legit place to buy it from. I konw there are plenty of places that have it, but I really would like to get the best quality possible. I doesn't have to be carbon fiber. So if anyone can give me some suggestions, Id really appreciate it.

Also, I know Ive heard somewhere that there are some spacing issues putting the cobra's hood on a GT. If anyone knows anything about that please let me know. Thanks a lot guys...... And sorry for my long *** rant.
Old 2/29/08, 06:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
if I remember right...the fitment issue is the hood and the stock front facia...so just get both cobra hood and facia..problem solved!
Old 3/1/08, 03:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Go through www.abcexclusive.com thats where I got all my stuff from and everything fit perfectly
Old 3/2/08, 12:16 AM
Cobra R Member

If possible i'd try to get an 03-04 Cobra front bumper also. I think it's the only way to get the correct fit. The Cobra seems to have a deeper fascia than the 99-04 GTs I have feeling without the Cobra front bumper it will look weird. I remember hearing something about that at the track last summer with a guy who put an 03-04 Cobra front end on his Mach1.
Old 3/2/08, 12:38 AM
Bullitt Member

yea I know i've heard it somewhere too. Unfortunatly I'm not the biggest fan of the 03-04 front end, plus I dont want people to think im making a Cobra clone. This isnt happening for another week or so, so I may just end up getting a different hood. I dont really like too many aftermarket ones.....the cobra R was my original idea a few years ago, but never happened due to lack of money. Any of you guys seen the R hood on a GT? Any opinions? And thanks for all the advice guys.
Old 3/2/08, 10:02 AM
GT Member

The 2003 cobra bumper comes up higher around the grill (those two angles parts coming up between the headlights and the grill).

The 2003 cobra hood will fit just fine with your normal bumper but there will be a gap (1/2"?) between the hood and those two parts that come up around the grille. I've seen it myself and it really does not look bad at all. If I was in your situation I would just get the hood. Trust me it will look good.

That's what I would do if I owned a BULLITT as well. Just get the 03 cobra hood.

Good luck!
Old 3/2/08, 11:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

the sttock mounts for the front bumper can be modified to close up the gap on the fromt end. the better look is the 03-04 cobra front with the stock gt hood with the hood scoop
Old 3/2/08, 08:07 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The cobra hood will fit but you have to drill two holes in the peice that the bumper connects on eachside of the grill. and attach the bumper there instead of the stock holes.

This is the peice that you will be adding the holes.
Old 3/3/08, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the help so far. I'm going home this wed to try and get everything worked out. I've been looking at pics of the cobra's front end, and I've gotta say that I'm liking it more and more. It has such a commanding stance, thats really the only word I think to use. Anyways I'll let you all know how it turns out and what I end up going with.
Old 3/7/08, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

I hope you do go with the terminator front end. to me i think it's the meanest looking mustang ever made, plus i'd love to see how it would look on an electric green car like yours. One of my best friends who recently passed away had an electric green 99' cobra it looked awesome!

Either way you go i'm sure its going to look great, send us some pics when it is completed i'd love to see it!
Old 3/9/08, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Go with the hood an bumper combo. If you decide you don't like the bumper, I'd go with a 95R hood.

Just don't start throwing cobra badges on. That would be a no-no
Old 4/4/08, 10:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys......sorry its taken so long. It ended up being in the shop for like 3 and 1/2 weeks. I told the guy no rush because I've been at school. Anyways, I ended up just getting the Cobra hood which is originally the route i wanted to go and a set the dark headlights from the later SN95's. After I got it back this past wed, I noticed it needed some final touching up.....with spacing issues and what not. So I dropped it back off today before heading back to school. So it will officially be done sometime next week.....while I'll be at school. When I go home next time, I'll do the whole lot of pictures. But until then, here's a little teaser.....a quick before and after. (sorry about the crappy camera phone quality)
Attached Images    
Old 4/5/08, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love it! I would love to have that hood on my Stang, but for now, Im focused on modding the vette.
Old 4/9/08, 08:23 AM
Needs to be more Astony

looks awesome, if you want the posts on the inside of the headlights to sit back you just need to drill a new hole and an inch back on that peice that i posted up and connect it there.
Old 4/27/08, 12:25 PM
GT Member

Now a spoiler delete and some 18"bullitts and you'll have your own bullitt replica!
Old 4/29/08, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RED STUD
Now a spoiler delete and some 18"bullitts and you'll have your own bullitt replica!

Ha I was considering that for a while actually, a long time ago though. I think now, I might just do some 18' Saleen wheels and some lowering springs (not for a while until I regain some cash). And to tell you the truth, I absolutely love my spoiler. I used to want to do the delete and then just decided not to. Anyways I'm FINALLY going home this weekend, so I'll try and get as many pictures as I can. When I do, I'll post them up. Thanks guys for all of the help/advice.
Old 4/30/08, 09:17 AM
Needs to be more Astony

spoiler delete ftw
Old 4/30/08, 02:52 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
+1

doooooiiitttt