1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

99 Mustang GT pricing

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/04, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys. I have finally convinced my parents that we need to have a Mustang in the family because we've never had one before and I'm getting sick of always driving blah blah Mercury Sables. Okay, Mercury Sables are nice dependable family transportation but I want a car that we can enjoy also. So anyways, I would like to know what I should know about Mustangs and what to check out when I go to look at the car (assuming I get the chance to at least).

Here's the specifics:

Ford : Mustang GT
1999 Mustang GT Coupe - 35th Anniversary

Miles: 51000 Doors: 2 doors or more
Transmission: Automatic

Title: Clear Exterior: Red
Condition: Used Inspection: --
Engine: 8 CYLINDER 4.6 LITER

Standard Equipment:
POWER WINDOWS CD POWER DOOR LOCKS POWER STEERING
AIR CONDITIONING REAR SPOILER ABS AM/FM RADIO
GT 2 WHEEL DRIVE POWER SEAT DRIVER DUAL AIR BAGS
8 CYLINDER 4.6 LITER

Optional Equipment:
CRUISE CONTROL

They are asking $9500 for the car and it is a Texas car so I don't think that rust would be an issue. It has about 51k on it. Also, if and when I go to look at the car - what specifically should I ask the guy and what should I watch out for as far as potential problems. The pictures on the Internet show that the car has oil pressure when it is at an idle so I know that the engine runs and he has some pictures of the minor wear and tear on the car (a little dent on the hood .. and a small scratch on the driver's side door). In any case, if you guys could help me out I would be greatly thankful. Thanks guys!
Old 6/20/04, 03:36 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Is it a true 35th Anniversary Limited Edition with the hood scoop and stripe and honeycomb decklid trim?
Old 6/20/04, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@June 20, 2004, 3:39 PM
Is it a true 35th Anniversary Limited Edition with the hood scoop and stripe and honeycomb decklid trim?

There's two pics of the car - there are more I am just respectful of the guy's bandwidth.
Old 6/20/04, 05:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

thats just the regular 99 gt. all 99's were 35th anniversary but they had a special with hood scoop and side scoops different wing and wheels.
checked on kbb.com just listed it in good condition b/c you said there were some dents. they list the private party price of like 8900. but this is for my area. just goto their website and put in your info and see what they give back. get their number chect the autotrade for your area for similar vehicles and then talk down from there. hope this helps
Old 6/20/04, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by conv_stang@June 20, 2004, 5:10 PM
thats just the regular 99 gt. all 99's were 35th anniversary but they had a special with hood scoop and side scoops different wing and wheels.
checked on kbb.com just listed it in good condition b/c you said there were some dents. they list the private party price of like 8900. but this is for my area. just goto their website and put in your info and see what they give back. get their number chect the autotrade for your area for similar vehicles and then talk down from there. hope this helps
Well I don't mean to be a jerk, but I realize that the car is not the special limited edition car with the special black trim in the back and the black trim honeycomb on the back and such. I know my Mustangs pretty well from an indentification standpoint. However, what I wanted to know was what I should watch out for as far as wear and tear and issues like that? Anyways, thanks for the help. The dents that I mentioned were minimal. The only one he mentioned was on the hood and it was penny-sized. As you mentioned, all 99s are 35th anniversary. But remember that each 99 had the 35th anniversary badge on the side instead of the GT badge like current Mustang GTs have. Thats what he and I were talking about.
Old 6/20/04, 06:41 PM

Nice car and the price is not bad for only 50k miles and a Texas car. Too bad it does not have the leather interior. Here in Connecticut you can hardly find any GT's without leather. Well, here you can hardly find any V6's at all either, my GT ain't anything special here

If you like the deal, then go for it.
Old 6/20/04, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

sorry, no problem. wasnt trying to offend anyone. just some people might not know. i had a 2000 and currently have a 2004. no real noticible problems with either though the 04 only has 2500 miles but my 00 had 42k when i traded it in. also might want to check and see what if any recalls they had on the 99-04's and see if any mioght have affected the 99's. and heck ask the owner if he/she has had any problems with it. when i was looking for my current car the 92 i had a couple people slip up and tell me problems with the car

oh, and when i said regular GT i didnt mean it as a put down on the car. mine is just a regular gt also.
Old 6/21/04, 09:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
thats a beautiful car! go for it!
Old 6/21/04, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Sweet ride...go for it!!!!!