Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

TB?

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/14, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TB?

I recently replaced my clutch with a Stage 3 clutch Exedy clutch I ordered from American Muscle. It has about 1300 miles on it and there is a noise coming from under the car. It's making the same noise it was making before I put the new clutch in. I was wondering if anyone knew of a TB that would not make this noise after 1000 or so miles. I have heard the Ford Racing is a good one. Any suggestions?
Old 2/5/14, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by osnapa5.0
I recently replaced my clutch with a Stage 3 clutch Exedy clutch I ordered from American Muscle. It has about 1300 miles on it and there is a noise coming from under the car. It's making the same noise it was making before I put the new clutch in. I was wondering if anyone knew of a TB that would not make this noise after 1000 or so miles. I have heard the Ford Racing is a good one. Any suggestions?
It's possibly that the Throwout bearing could be bad. Did you not replace it while you were in there?

What does the noise sound like? Is it when the clutch is engaged or disengaged?

We need a little bit more information to help you troubleshoot.

-Dan
Old 2/5/14, 03:05 PM

I replaced it with the one that came with the clutch. While it is disengaged. Sounds like a real high pitch squeal, and makes it hard to change into different gears.
Old 2/6/14, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by osnapa5.0
I replaced it with the one that came with the clutch. While it is disengaged. Sounds like a real high pitch squeal, and makes it hard to change into different gears.
hmm. I'm surprised that you're hearing noises like that right after a clutch install. The throw out bearing should be in good shape. However, since you're hearing a squealing noise when the clutch is disengaged it's leading me to believe that something is going on with the TB. I would take it over to Ford and just let one of the techs put an ear to it and see what they think before you rip it all apart again.

This is just a recommendation. I hope this helps!

-Dan
Old 2/9/14, 11:49 PM

Mine is doing that same thing. Could be the fork. Just a thought