Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Story time: Any good stang stories?

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/04, 11:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not the greatest one, but memorable.

I met a girl in school almost 3 years ago, and she wanted to come along the next day to one of the mustang meets i used to go to. After meeting at a local hangout, the 25+ stangs took off down a popular 4 lane road in Amherst, NY. This road seemed good for dragging, so thats exactly what we did, every red light. We must have gotten the attention of other drivers because before you know it we had unwanted attention. As i did a U-turn to drive my date home, i was greeted to about 5 cop cars. Needless to say, we (all 25+) were pulled over in what seemed to be a continuous line of mustangs. Although noone received tickets, we were ordered to drive away 2 minutes after the car in front of us left....too bad everyone got back together via cell phones and 2 way radios. Eh...the good old days. It must of impressed my date, because i am not ONLY still with her, but she has a mustang too....a 99 GT vert, and goes to the shows with me too!
Old 12/12/04, 04:41 PM
GTR Member

Interesting...............

Stangs are an easy way to pick up chicks. If you have a SALEEN or SALEEN replica it will also do well with the chicks as will a loud exhaust and flashy paint.
Old 12/12/04, 08:11 PM
GT Member

A car full of chicks yelled at us one night.
Need less to say we gave chase in my 65, 289 Mustang
They got threw the red light and we did not.
That was when we noticed that we were not alone in our quest to chase the chicks. Next to us another guy chasing them with a 440 Dodge Swinger. As we waited Timid anticipation knowing there was just no way my 289 2 barrel was do anything against this Power house of a MONSTER

To make matter worse (like it mattered) My lane ended soon after I would have gotten thru the light. Regardless I knew I was toast.
Than as the light turned green I said to my self I am NOT gonna even try. No sooner than I said this he dumped his clutch and his engine DIED

I had two buddies with me that night. We were all three laughing all the way to 4th gear. Never did find the chicks.

But than the fun is sometimes in the chase.
Old 12/13/04, 02:17 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Daysleepin@December 12, 2004, 9:14 PM
A car full of chicks yelled at us one night.
Need less to say we gave chase in my 65, 289 Mustang
They got threw the red light and we did not.
That was when we noticed that we were not alone in our quest to chase the chicks. Next to us another guy chasing them with a 440 Dodge Swinger. As we waited Timid anticipation knowing there was just no way my 289 2 barrel was do anything against this Power house of a MONSTER

To make matter worse (like it mattered) My lane ended soon after I would have gotten thru the light. Regardless I knew I was toast.
Than as the light turned green I said to my self I am NOT gonna even try. No sooner than I said this he dumped his clutch and his engine DIED

I had two buddies with me that night. We were all three laughing all the way to 4th gear. Never did find the chicks.

But than the fun is sometimes in the chase.
Mopar Qaulity, ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!
Old 12/14/04, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Then there is always the story where the cop that lives down the road demands to see the power of your car by doing a burn out for him. Of course i didnt want to upset the local authority, so i quickly abliged! Gotta love our men in uniform.
Old 12/19/04, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

ok so me,my uncle[in his 65 shelby],my uncle's friend[in his 67 shelby gt500] i'm in the 67......... so we pull up to a light for a little drag racing fun......we started going and up around 90 a cop passes us on the other side of the road...........so all of us are freakin out.so its me and my uncles friend in the 67 and he dicides to floor it so we are goin about 120........then he dicides to let off...........its really funny because my uncle got caght