Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Oh if I had a Fox...

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/06, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Oh if I had a Fox...

Jump on this people, if you need /want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-0-M...ayphotohosting

Looks like a good deal.
Thought I'd bring it to attention.

(Finders fee..........?)
Old 11/26/06, 07:03 PM

dang, that is a pretty good deal so far.... however, im sure it will go way up in price when it reaches near the end of the auction =(
Old 11/26/06, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Keep a watch on it. Lookin at your signiture it would fit right along nicely.
Old 11/28/06, 05:19 PM
GTR Member

I've heard KB is not the way to go on a fox, the kit does not come with the intercooler option so there is alot of heat in the intake tract....
Old 11/28/06, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fordracing200
KB is not the way to go on a fox, the kit does not come with the innercooler option so there is alot of heat in the intake tract....

Please refrain from spreading rumors about parts you know nothing about. Plently of foxes run KB's with no heat problems (including my dad's). Search stangnet for heat problems with KB's on foxes.
Old 11/29/06, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Old 11/29/06, 04:39 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Valentino
Please refrain from spreading rumors about parts you know nothing about. Plently of foxes run KB's with no heat problems (including my dad's). Search stangnet for heat problems with KB's on foxes.
I know what I'm talking about, and for all out performance, KB is not the way to go. it seems like thats just the way this site is anymore, I go anywhere but the Fox or Classic section and its nothing but good people, but I come here and its a bunch of crabby old guys who treat everybody like they don't know anything.
Old 11/29/06, 08:21 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
21 is old???

For the record, I've found the opposite. Everyone has always been helpful around every section. Don't tout yourself as omniscient and speak so "matter of fact"-ly and no one will deride you. You are not the end all be all source of information when it comes to building a performance mustang. People who have more experience in a given field tend to know more.
Old 11/29/06, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess my 21 years is old for Doug. I have this little thing called personal experience, and a lot of my friends and family are into cars/Mustangs and I learn things from them also, but when some guy at the local racing scene or carshow tells me something about cars, I take it with a grain of salt, and you should too.
Just today some moron at work told me my car is a dog because some guy he knows told him Mustangs with high-mileage are crap.... I told him to look at all the 5.0s on the road today and see how many miles they have and are still ticking. He also told me a 351W is better for drag racing than a 351C, again his only source for this information was some guy he knew (he said Ford used the 351W in the Boss 302.....!?) So that goes to show what you can learn from word of mouth.
Yeah I know the PG rules here say not to mention this, but I actually own and drive a Mustang, and I work on it myself and I also learn things for myself.

No one could have said it better than Arin. Doug, you do indeed act like you know more than anyone else and what you say is carved in stone. You have a teenage angst that I and everyone older than you has experienced before and we know exactly the type of person you are. You made a complete *** out of yourself here and especially at SVTP, where they called you out and showed how immature you are. Like someone there said, that chip on your shoulder is growing larger.

If you simply would have said "seeing as this kit doesn't have the intercooler, I read at (insert source here) that someone/some people have had heatsoak problems with the KB"

If you would show a little maturity and not act like a pretentious fool, more people would respect you. You have to earn my respect, you're not entitled to it.
Old 11/30/06, 01:17 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Valentino
I guess my 21 years is old for Doug. I have this little thing called personal experience, and a lot of my friends and family are into cars/Mustangs and I learn things from them also, but when some guy at the local racing scene or carshow tells me something about cars, I take it with a grain of salt, and you should too.
Just today some moron at work told me my car is a dog because some guy he knows told him Mustangs with high-mileage are crap.... I told him to look at all the 5.0s on the road today and see how many miles they have and are still ticking. He also told me a 351W is better for drag racing than a 351C, again his only source for this information was some guy he knew (he said Ford used the 351W in the Boss 302.....!?) So that goes to show what you can learn from word of mouth.
Yeah I know the PG rules here say not to mention this, but I actually own and drive a Mustang, and I work on it myself and I also learn things for myself.

No one could have said it better than Arin. Doug, you do indeed act like you know more than anyone else and what you say is carved in stone. You have a teenage angst that I and everyone older than you has experienced before and we know exactly the type of person you are. You made a complete *** out of yourself here and especially at SVTP, where they called you out and showed how immature you are. Like someone there said, that chip on your shoulder is growing larger.

If you simply would have said "seeing as this kit doesn't have the intercooler, I read at (insert source here) that someone/some people have had heatsoak problems with the KB"

If you would show a little maturity and not act like a pretentious fool, more people would respect you. You have to earn my respect, you're not entitled to it.
Okay, I want to say a few things before I make my points. I'm not going to bother adressing arin, because simply put, me and him have completely different views on things. As for you, I appreciate the tone of your 2nd response, the first one ****ed me off though, I just stated a simple fact that the KB is not the way to go because of it not having an intercooler and it making alot of heat. I didn't say anything else, I'm not sure why you jumped on me the way you did, but I'm sure you could of thought of a much better way to respond to me. I also have personal expierence, and my family is big into mustangs, everything from low 10 second notchs (uncle) to supercharged F-150s (other uncle) to low 12 second daily drivers (dad) etc. So don't dis-credit my opinion. From that one post how does it look like I think I know everything? I didn't go off saying
"f that crap! kb sucks! turbo all the way!" or some garbage like that, I just simply stated what I know about the KB for the 5.0 and Valentino, if that KB is so good on the 5.0, how come you never hear of or see of them doing anything spectacular? We all know that the majority of foxes have always been Vortech and as of recent turbo, with the more race rationed cars being turbo/procharger/vortech depending on the classes, etc. And, why everytime I post should I have a source? You don't, and with me saying what I did, somebody could just search for it and find out the heat issues, I'm not the one buying it, I just passed on the tip, I'm not going to put hours of research into something that I don't care about or have any desire to own...and just a FYI I do take everything I hear with a grain of salt unless its based off of somebodies personal expierence (ex: pistons seizing in cylinders due to too tight (.001 instead of .003) of bore spacing in terminators...etc. etc. and how in that one post did i prove to be immature and have a chip on my shoulder? I think you're just basing you're response on bull**** thats happened elsewhere. and to address SVTP, well, simply put, nobody treats you right if you just come out and say you're only a teenager, BUT I never did state I was older than what I am, I did although claim to own a truck I didn't own, which was wrong, but alot of the other crap in that whole situation is Just BS, and it isn't worth going into because nobody will believe me. And yes, I know I'm not always right, but I hate how everyone classifies me just because I'm a teenager, yeah I know I'm not perfect, but neither are you, and you being 21 (which isnt too many years older than me) doesn't make you any better or worse than me.
Old 11/30/06, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

I know what I'm talking about, and for all out performance, KB is not the way to go. it seems like thats just the way this site is anymore, I go anywhere but the Fox or Classic section and its nothing but good people, but I come here and its a bunch of crabby old guys who treat everybody like they don't know anything.
First of all, the fox forum is where probably most of the younger guys hang out since it's a stang thats pretty much universally affordable.

Second, being a teen as well (19), I know how it is that people are sometimes waiting to take a shot at you. I dont mean to preach, cause ive said a few things on here that i shouldnt have as well, but as a younger guy you do have to work a little harder for peoples respect, so a little humility goes a long way.
Old 11/30/06, 04:44 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by ScottyBoy302
First of all, the fox forum is where probably most of the younger guys hang out since it's a stang thats pretty much universally affordable.

Second, being a teen as well (19), I know how it is that people are sometimes waiting to take a shot at you. I dont mean to preach, cause ive said a few things on here that i shouldnt have as well, but as a younger guy you do have to work a little harder for peoples respect, so a little humility goes a long way.
yeah that post wasn't really all that true, i was just pretty ****ed off at the time and that was the edited version BTW what happened to you? you traded your car for a LS1?
Old 11/30/06, 05:27 PM
Cobra Member

yeah that post wasn't really all that true, i was just pretty ****ed off at the time and that was the edited version BTW what happened to you? you traded your car for a LS1?

Yup, I miss the stang, but the Camaro is just in another league as far as performance goes. The whole thing is here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55130
Old 11/30/06, 05:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by ScottyBoy302
Yup, I miss the stang, but the Camaro is just in another league as far as performance goes. The whole thing is here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55130
looks nice, did you do anything to it? I don't like F bodies and would never own one, but it is a respectable car in the performance world. I'd drop that car with some wider wheels and then I'd toss the stripe, JMO. Good luck with it
Old 11/30/06, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, and thats actually pretty much my plan. Lose the stripe, and then some Z06 rims with a 265/295 tire setup. Not till the spring though.

Sorry about the threadjack.
Old 11/30/06, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

geez you're making this difficult, first of all, you're still saying its a fact that the KB is bad for foxes because of heat, yet you still offer no explanation how that is an absolute fact.

my first post wasn't supposed to be some kind of b-slap or whatever you think, when scott posted that 'owned' it just made things look that way and thats the way you took it.

Just because you don't see a lot of a certain part in the major mustang magzines doesn't mean its a bad part. Sure, centrifugal's are more common, they're also cheaper and easier to install, that plays a big part in a guy's decision to buy.

it's not just that one post that you make it look like you know everything and act immature, its been a lot of posts over the last several years on these forums

I didn't try to state anything as a fact so I don't need a source. I DO know that my dad's KB doesn't have any heat problems and a search at stangnet, which has a MUCH larger foxbody contingent than this forum, returned no results relating to the KB causing heat soak.
No, you don't need to post a source IF you phrase your statements so it doesn't sound like you are giving the know-all end-all answer or advice to things.
Old 12/1/06, 06:11 AM
Service Manager

Received 431 Likes on 209 Posts
Guys, please keep this civil and mature. This sort of thing has been covered here before and wording as stated does play a role in how one is perceived. Discussions are fine but if this accelerates into name calling or anything out of line then measures will be taken against those involved.....in short, keep it friendly.

When it comes to things like what sparked this issue....if you have PERSONAL experience, great...say so and that validates your statement....but if it is something you just HEARD or READ somewhere else then please word it as such so that those reading can take that information for what it is worth.

Back on Topic.....I've never seen "heat" as a problem.....no more so than any non-intercooled setup. The only downside I have seen with the Roots style blowers like the KB on the fox is that they are a little more difficult to tune since the boost comes on at a lower RPM and you have to have a balance to keep the detonation out of things. I've seen a LOT of these KB blowers on Fox cars from Mustangs to Lincoln Mark VIIs and they have been great setups.

Remember as I think I've stated here before long ago that not everybody want's a 9 second drag car....some people are happy with a good performing street car and therefore recommendations of parts are going to be different for each individual based upon what they want from there car.
Old 12/1/06, 09:37 PM
GTR Member

I added "I heard" to the front of my post. My point was a quick heads up to let somebody know that the KB isn't the best thing for the 5.0, nothing more. Valentino-you're all pushing it back to my posts over the years, well no crap, I joined when I was like 12 or something like that and acted like a retard. I posted thinking a 03 cobra went low 11s stock, wtf was I thinking? Some guy said he went low 11s stock but he was a bull****ter...I mean don't judge me based off what I've done in the past, judge me based on what I'm doing right now.
Old 12/9/06, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

WOW!!! What did I start???

You guys eat too much meat or something......
Old 12/11/06, 04:24 PM

yo tricky, did you see how much it went for?

EDIT: err im a moron i didnt realize the link was still active ($2325.00)

Quick Reply: Oh if I had a Fox...