Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

New Project

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/08, 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does the cobra grille make a big difference with airflow? I considered getting one for my white GT....

...also, is it involved, in terms of installation?
Old 12/27/08, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GT5088
does the cobra grille make a big difference with airflow? I considered getting one for my white GT....

...also, is it involved, in terms of installation?
I'm sure it adds some more airflow over the the GT grill. Not to mention looks a million times better IMO. It was one of the easiest things I've ever installed. Most people use a dremel tool or a cut off wheel. I just used a razor knife to cut through the bumper. You might have to use a dremel with a cut off wheel on the GT in order to be precise with the cuts.
Old 12/27/08, 09:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sscobra
I'm sure it adds some more airflow over the the GT grill. Not to mention looks a million times better IMO. It was one of the easiest things I've ever installed. Most people use a dremel tool or a cut off wheel. I just used a razor knife to cut through the bumper. You might have to use a dremel with a cut off wheel on the GT in order to be precise with the cuts.
hmmm, I think I am going to buy one....this may seem like a dumb question, but how does it adhere?
Old 12/27/08, 10:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GT5088
hmmm, I think I am going to buy one....this may seem like a dumb question, but how does it adhere?

There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers. Anyways, it uses 3m double sided tape. Some come with rivets that attach through the top of the insert to the headlight header panel. Mine just has the tape(really all it needs). For what it's worth, I would get the one from 50resto.com. I shopped around a while (many sites and ebay). 50resto.com has the one that is made from the oem ford tooling. Also, even if you by the grill and or horse seperately it ends up costing the same.