Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

new guy, 93 coupe pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/08, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt d
i will shamelessly use this post as my 100th and rid myself of the v6 title....

as for asshats, there is always that person out there that is close minded and wants to believe they have a special edition gt-r rotary v6 mustang with two turbos..lol..
"yeah it does 11s at the track" ha I remember that video

I forgot to mention Saturday night I got stuck talking to him at the cruise-in after everyone else left and he told me now he thinks its a 396 stroker because the driver side valve cover has "9396" or something like that inked on it. I bluntly told him that doesn't represent the engine size but he looked at my valve cover and mine doesn't have that so that was more proof for him. Funny though he completely ignored the first number, I guess just the "396" popped out at him and that was enough for him.
I said "if thats got a 396 in there it would have a huge lumpy cam and the whole car would be shaking at idle." He goes "oh man this thing does shake when its idling, its wicked." I had to hide my laughter 'cause even though he's ignorant he's a nice guy and I don't have the heart to tell him thats just his crappy old motor mounts giving out. He also said it does 140 at 2 grand and its an AOD; he has no idea what rear gear it has. I could go on and on about owners like that but I hi-jacked this thread enough.
Old 9/23/08, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

oh well... if I were you, I'd just go along with it for kicks whenever he talks about it just for the heck of it.
Old 9/23/08, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

We've mostly been going along with it, thats why we want to race him so when our mildly modded 302s beat his "351" he might finally accept the truth. To be fair to him I really gave a hard look to see if the lower intake manifold was about an inch and a half wider than mine 'cause that would tell me maybe he really does have a bone stock truck 351 in there but as far as I can tell its just a 302. The seller told him its pushing about 385 to the wheels and if he added a K&N he'd get another 45hp....
Old 9/24/08, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

well, the seller of that car sounds like a reputable source

oh well, I guess the guy that bought the car has to learn somehow, I guess..
Old 9/24/08, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

well, you can tell him i will run em! mine is just a 302 based set up, pretty much stock... at least that is what i say so it must be true!

tell him i will give him, uh let's see, 4 cars and the move!!!
Old 9/24/08, 11:15 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
can't beleive i didn't post before. I gotta say your car is amazing! Beautiful and I love seeing it done in a unique color!

I didn't see if you listed what the car runs in the 1/4. I bet that thing is quick!
Old 9/24/08, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

thank you sir.

my bad, i do not have any quarter times, just 1/8. i only ran it twice and let out both times because of the slick wiggle, it spooked me..lol.. the first was an 8.0 on a 1.8 60 ft, this was just on motor as i was trying to figure out the launch before i spray it off of the line. i am going to have the car sent back to the shop in the next couple of months to do suspension work and shed a few pounds. right now it has stock suspension and ****ty bushings with the stock k member up front as well. the car should easily be capable of low 7 or high 6 with the only exception being the driver mod..lol..

honestly the car scares the crap out of me and i am trying to be more cautious than i would have been 10 years ago, too much money in the car and respect of life and limb to drive it like i used to.
Old 9/24/08, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Low 7's, man..... That car is beautifull. im also getting a new suspension setup for the notch. So i should get new bushings also? which ones? I just dont want to leave anything out then go back in there.

How's the weather over there? it's cooling down here.
Be safe
Old 9/24/08, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

quick, last week it was still warm at night, i am on night shift. it is 71 outside right now and i am about 2 degrees away from turning on the heater..lol.. winter looks like it is going to be a month early this year.

as for the suspension i am still researching and trying to figure out the direction i am going to go. i have a buddy that works with me that is pushing a company, wolf, that he swears by and these guys go alot faster than i ever will. i believe i am sold on doing spherical bushings but i am not sure yet.

i have not decided if i am going to dedicate this car to the strip or not so there are alot of other variables to look at and i am not a seasoned racer by any stretch, i am learning as i go.

you guys should already be throwing on some cool weather gear this time of year, what is it, about 65 during the day?
Old 9/24/08, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

VERY NICE CAR! I love the color.
Old 9/25/08, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

well i just was contacted about my car possibly being a feature in one of our big magazines, this was one of my major goals and why i went the direction i did with it. so i gave the person my photobucket and a link to this thread for the pictures. this would absolutely make my day...

Last edited by sgt d; 9/25/08 at 04:32 PM.
Old 9/25/08, 04:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I love your car. Me want Green car.
Old 9/25/08, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

lol.. i almost picked a form of green tea as a user name, saw your name after i just opted to go with the current one i have. thank you sir.
Old 9/25/08, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hope you get that mag feature, bro. Good luck.
Old 9/27/08, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

thank you kindly, it would be cool. the site he contacted me on is having technical difficulties but i found the magazine contact and shot out an email through there.
Old 9/28/08, 02:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
James,
The car is astonishing! I wish you had it when we used to run the streets in Miami! Best of luck getting in the mag bro!

- Jesse
Old 9/28/08, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

haha, well if it is not my favorite glory hole inspector..lol.. funny how small the world is right? it is good to hear from you and i am glad things have been good for you over the last several years, miami seems like forever ago. you know from what i hear our club still meets up down there but it is nothing like what we all started.

don't be a stranger!
Old 9/29/08, 01:48 AM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what kind of intake is that?
Old 10/12/08, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Autotooner
what kind of intake is that?

my apologies, i did not see your question. it is efi spyder intake, a carb lower converted over for efi. this is a real popular style intake for power adders but as a stand alone i would not use it, really short runners. my baseline once the shot was added was taken down to 375/350 n/a rear wheel but before the shot it was tuned at 404/375 n/a. you can see the torque suffered from the short runners but we knew that when building it. with the shot though on this set up the torque came alive with it making 521/542.

just for ****s and giggles i want to hit 700 with this set up on a bigger shot but i need to put some money in the fuel system now to support it. really that mark is just because i want to be able to say i did it with a little ol 302, many have made great power but i have not yet.

the next round now really needs to be in suspension and brakes, does me no good to not be able to put it to the ground. the car is sitting on the original set up minus lowering springs so it will all go for new parts. i am also trying to decide between wilwood brakes all the way around or aerospace. i have never done the brake upgrade before so if anyone has any input let me know.
Old 10/12/08, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

almost forgot, thank you SVOPaul for setting me up with the contact on the quarter glass. i bought a pair and they are on the way, nothing like the original carlite glass with the mustang right on it.

also this shop has taken really good care of me not only with this order being amazingly prompt but also answering the call for additional equipment. i am looking for most parts new but i realize that will be next to impossible. he is trying to get me black interior panels and a complete trunk interior, keeping me in the loop on what he has and what is coming in. that is a great way to snag a customer for life.

so again thank you paul for sending me that direction. i will continue to update this thread as i add more fun equipment to the car.

Last edited by sgt d; 10/12/08 at 12:46 PM.

Quick Reply: new guy, 93 coupe pics inside!