Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

need help with a '88 ssp

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/07, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with a '88 ssp

good evening,

I have searched the internet and I am unable to find what I am looking for. I am wanting to build an '88 ssp Alabama State Trooper car but cannot find pictures of the inside so I can get the interior equipment and placement right. I understood that the Alabama Department of Public Safety here in Montgomery, AL was supposed to have a car on display but I cannot locate it here... just the javelin, and the other one is at talladega but that is too far for me to travel. I am looking for anyone who may have access to this information or photographs of the interior of a AST mustang to help me with this problem. Thank you.
Old 9/19/07, 08:56 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you tried www.sspmustang.org ? they helped me with alot of the info I needed. BTW, do you have a pic of your 88?
Old 9/20/07, 10:23 AM
Service Manager

Received 431 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Autotooner
Have you tried www.sspmustang.org ? they helped me with alot of the info I needed. BTW, do you have a pic of your 88?
They don't have that information.

I live about 20 minutes from Talladega and have seen the car at the Hall of Fame....I had heard this car was moved to Montgomery from one of my Trooper buddies. I have another Trooper friend who actually drove one back in the day and he may be able to help you out. You might call the hall of fame and verify if the car is still there or not. I'll ask my friends to see if they can verify that it was or was not moved to Montgomery. I took a couple of pictures of the car but none of the interior...that car I believe is also not correctly restored...the state garage did it and I saw a few things that were incorrect.
Old 10/2/07, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently do not have a ssp but i am in talks with a local judge who owns an 88 ssp that needs some work done to it. I will call the troopers office down here but i think the only one they have on display here is the javelin. I will check. Thank you.