Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Ludicrous Speed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/06, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ludicrous Speed!!!

Hope you guys like spaceballs. Anyway, I've got an '89 GT vert now and it's all stock aside from underdrive pulleys and exhaust and my next plans are a fule pressure regulator and guage and pro-m mass air meter, and 4.10s for christmas too. Not long ago I went to talk to a speedshop about many things but I left there with the impression that you can only get the most out of a cold air intake and larger throttle body with an intake capable of pulling it all in and you only get the most benefit from all of that extra air with heads and a cam that can more efficiently make use of it. Basically they were trying to get me to buy their h/c/i kit but alot of what the guy said made sense so if anyone could shed some light on that and also if anyone has their 5.0 in the 400 horse range could you tell me exactly what it has to get it their. Thanks!!!!
Old 7/23/06, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 90five0
Hope you guys like spaceballs. Anyway, I've got an '89 GT vert now and it's all stock aside from underdrive pulleys and exhaust and my next plans are a fule pressure regulator and guage and pro-m mass air meter, and 4.10s for christmas too. Not long ago I went to talk to a speedshop about many things but I left there with the impression that you can only get the most out of a cold air intake and larger throttle body with an intake capable of pulling it all in and you only get the most benefit from all of that extra air with heads and a cam that can more efficiently make use of it. Basically they were trying to get me to buy their h/c/i kit but alot of what the guy said made sense so if anyone could shed some light on that and also if anyone has their 5.0 in the 400 horse range could you tell me exactly what it has to get it their. Thanks!!!!

You mentioned that your car is basically all stock now, correct??? If so you might want to look at other areas for improvement which will support your 400hp goal. How is the cooling system, what about your brakes, will the trans hold that kind of power, have you done any chasis stiffening, what about the rear end??? All these things should be looked at before you go putting together an engine combo that will produce 400hp.

Not trying to insult your intelligence here, just I've seen too many threads about people wanting x amount of HP and not realizing there are other variables that need attention too.