1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Yes, another steering/suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/05, 04:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi all,

As some may remember, this past Christmas we had the majority of the work completed on my dad's mustang, here is a photo:

We had a front-end alignment done last week, and although greatly improved, it still steers rather hard, even for a manual steer. My dad wanted me to post a few questions, while I research through a few pages of threads, I appreciate anyone's time to respond...

- can you adjust the steering box? if so how?

- our car has the granada front disc setup on it...from just reading a little bit, I see it's not the most loved of mods. anyway, we have yet to upgrade things like the inner tie rods, idler arms/centerlink/pitman arms...how much affect will replacing these items have?

We're not looking for aggressive 'road course' worthy handling...this car won't be driven hard, but it will be driven, and we just looking for some way to make us feel more in control.

What are the more reliable, K.I.S.S. methods that folks use to improve this area? what about rack & pinion setups? are they worth considering? who makes the best quality setup?

It rides fairly nice going down the road at 55, even on the dumpy tires we have on it (not what's in the photo). But we know it can be improved and just appreciate any info the community here can provide.

Best regards.
Old 4/26/05, 09:09 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody?

I did find a lot of useful information at GT350Clone's website, but I guess I'm more curious to hear what other people have done to their cars in these areas, rather than rehashing the same questions again.

I would be interested in reading what kind of setups folks have had success with, or if you had to go through this yourself, how would you set the suspension/steering up to make the car a confident driver?

thanks.