1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

stright 6

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/05, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am wondering how they mad the 67, Stright 6 such a screamer on the drag strip and still drove it every day

Thanks,
Old 4/18/05, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well they probably knew how to spell first.

Seriously, WTF are you talking about? A 67 six cylinder a screamer?
Old 4/18/05, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

there are certain websites that specialize in straight 6 performance, a google search might work but remember they'd cost more and get you less torque than a V8 due to limited amount of parts and the size of the engine, but i've heard of some making quite a bit of horsepower
Old 4/19/05, 06:39 AM
Cobra Member

www.fordsix.com
Old 4/19/05, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by jpony645@April 18, 2005, 6:42 PM
Well they probably knew how to spell first.

Seriously, WTF are you talking about? A 67 six cylinder a screamer?

I am sorry I am 15 and you are right i did not spell it right
Old 4/19/05, 09:21 PM

Thanks 63galaxie and LMan i will check that out

Thanks
Old 4/20/05, 06:30 AM
V6 Member

This is for jpony645. If you had more knowledge on the mustang history you would be aware there was tremendous horsepower gotten out of the straight 6. These forums are for anyone needing help and their grammer and spelling are not prerequisites for this forum.

In fact , I would love to let you see what 355 horsepower in a 68 coupe can do to cars that live in the front yard.
Old 4/20/05, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 68fuelinjected@April 20, 2005, 6:33 AM
This is for jpony645. If you had more knowledge on the mustang history you would be aware there was tremendous horsepower gotten out of the straight 6. These forums are for anyone needing help and their grammer and spelling are not prerequisites for this forum.

In fact , I would love to let you see what 355 horsepower in a 68 coupe can do to cars that live in the front yard.

you get/got 355HP out of a I6? :scratch:

If not, what relevance does that statement have to anything in this thread? :nono:
Old 4/20/05, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 68fuelinjected@April 20, 2005, 6:33 AM

Comprehendible posts help people get answers too. I'm fully aware that decent power can be gotten from an I6. If I could have deciphered what he was asking then I could have pointed him to www.fordsix.com or www.cliffordperformance.com or any of the other I6 performance sites.

BTW, spelling SHOULD be a prerequisite for ANY forum. At 15, I would expect someone to be able to spell simple words like "straight" and "made".
Old 4/20/05, 08:46 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by LMan+April 20, 2005, 7:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LMan @ April 20, 2005, 7:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-68fuelinjected@April 20, 2005, 6:33 AM

you get/got 355HP out of a I6? :scratch:

If not, what relevance does that statement have to anything in this thread? :nono:
[/b][/quote]
Old 4/20/05, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jpony645@April 20, 2005, 8:38 AM
If I could have deciphered what he was asking then I could have pointed him to www.fordsix.com or www.cliffordperformance.com or any of the other I6 performance sites.
I don't want to get in the middle of this squabble by any means, but I have to ask simply as an observer. Are you saying that both 63galaxie and LMan have far greater analysis and deciphering skills then yourself? Because that's what this disagreement is boiling down to really. I'm more inclined to believe it is a result of intolerance for children without cars or liceneses coming to the board and playing "car guy". There is nothing wrong with admitting that, it honestly annoys me too but I do also remember what it is like to be of the age where wanting is all you have and so if I can not practice patience then I try to simply avoid those posts and not waste time replying at all. That's just my 2 cents but feel free to tell me to MYOB and shove it. After my battles on Stangnet and lessons learned I can take about anything anyone wants to throw at me with a smile.

Edited for spelling errors.
Old 4/20/05, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Actually, no. When I first read it, it didn't make any sense whatsoever. Who is "they" and when did "they" "make it such screamer at the drag strip and still drive it everyday"?

I don't have a problem with being a kid OR asking questions but at least have enough respect for the rest of us to attempt to spell things correctly and make legible sentences. That is irritating.

Intolerance is a good word, Pak. Looks like I should probably leave here now.
Old 4/20/05, 12:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I hear you Josh. This WAS a pretty good forum at one time............

When I was 15, we were taught to sit back, shutup, listen and LEARN, not speak. Newbies would do well to SEARCH this google, this board, other boards, and READ all they can before asking obvious questions.

On "message boards", everyone is "equal", so people think they have a "right" to blurt out stupid ^%$* and be an "expert", without actually knowing anything. I've always detested the corner-carvers attitude, but maybe they're on to something - lay the smackdown on the newbies and demand that you EARN the right to post.

Spelling? Grammar? As I like to say "perception is reality" - if your writing reads like an idiot, then you probably are..........
Old 4/20/05, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GT350Clone@April 20, 2005, 12:21 PM
I hear you Josh. This WAS a pretty good forum at one time............

When I was 15, we were taught to sit back, shutup, listen and LEARN, not speak. Newbies would do well to SEARCH this google, this board, other boards, and READ all they can before asking obvious questions.

On "message boards", everyone is "equal", so people think they have a "right" to blurt out stupid ^%$* and be an "expert", without actually knowing anything. I've always detested the corner-carvers attitude, but maybe they're on to something - lay the smackdown on the newbies and demand that you EARN the right to post.

Spelling? Grammar? As I like to say "perception is reality" - if your writing reads like an idiot, then you probably are..........
I agree that this isn't and should not become a play ground for kids and search's would end alot of mundain and pointless questions. Of course today's world is about timeouts not smacks when a kid dis-obey's, the world has changed in that respect, like it or not. Not many can learn on their own and if we don't take the time to dig the right questions they should be asking out of them or pass down what we know then the hobby will be as good as gone someday or the entire world will be modified cars with little or no heritage left. All I can say is I have been on several boards where both foreign and deaf people have posted asking questions and looking for help but were meant to feel like idiots just because of their writing skills and I think that bites. They never came back and probably felt worthless for a while after that just becasue of how they were perceived even though they were far from being idiots. Does replying with cussing and/or name calling or making someone feel like a moron as opposed to clarifying the question or simply not replying at all really do anything to either stop or correct it? Josh did include a little Jester icon and I believe he meant it jokingly but we should all be equal on the internet and not have to be troubled with the way things are in the real world. That's all I am saying. If this particular kid had been deaf instead of 15 I'd like to think most of you would feel bad and not self righteous, but maybe I am way off in that assumption as well.
Old 4/20/05, 05:22 PM
V6 Member

The 67 kid is my son, we have a 68 coupe show car with a fuel injected 3032 bored, camed, performance chipped, and such to get to 355 horsepower. WE are restoring his 67 coupe, and yes it is straight (correct spelling) 6 cylinder. He has the right to be on this forum just as much as you. I have had to explain to him there are a lot of jerks in the world who have all the answers. If the "adults", and I use that word lighty with some, all die, then who will carry on the muscle car era. I am proud we have children who are interested. If you don't like the questions, don't post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should ask you how you do a modern fuel injection wiring onto a old 302, got any idea ??, and if not, I will not degrade you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 4/21/05, 11:50 AM
Cobra Member

aaah...it read like the SIX was 335 HP...guess my manhood is safe for another week

RE: injection, sure, Don. No worries. Look here for a M+ writeup on adding EFI to a '66 289:

www.mustangsplus.com/tech/efi
Old 4/21/05, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

well, folks are a bit tense, but at least there's some traffic here

Old 4/21/05, 04:08 PM

Well research at Fordsix does show you could get 400 horsepower out of that "stright" 6. Now it may be cost prohibited, but it is known as an almost indestructive engine. More realistice horspower should be between 275 and 325 horsepower. ummmmm imagine that