ROUSH Reactor Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/06, 10:56 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROUSH Reactor Mustang

Cannot wait to see this bad boy...

"REACTOR" MUSTANG TO LIGHT UP ROUSH PERFORMANCE SEMA SHOW BOOTH

LIVONIA, Mich. (October 11, 2006) - ROUSH Performance, a leader in Ford Mustang upgrades, will showcase a very unique Mustang in their booth during the 2006 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Dubbed "Reactor," this 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback took more than 2000 hours to build.

The gorgeous deep metallic green vehicle is owned by Doug Hoppe of Sioux Center, Iowa who commissioned the Ringbrothers to rebuild the car with one simple objective - to contend for the 2007 Good Guys Street Machine of the Year award.

"The Reactor is a car build that we are really proud of, and I know that Doug (Hoppe) is thrilled with how it turned out," said Mike Ring, Ringbrothers co-owner. "We did all we could with the car, and are very excited to debut it to the world in the ROUSH Performance booth at the SEMA Show."

Among the myriad of modifications to the "Reactor," some of the most subtle are those that make the biggest difference in the overall appearance.. This would include changes such as splitting the rear window glass, removing the drip rails and door handles, and adding several hand-made carbon fiber parts such as the deck lid, hood, front fascia, front and rear bumpers and tail light panel. The interior of the vehicle was designed in a sleek, European style.

On opening the hood, the first thing noticeable is the ROUSH 427 IR crate engine, a work of art itself. Generating 552 horsepower and 535 lb.-ft. torque, this engine has forged pistons, rods and cranks in a race-ready block. As with all the ROUSH Performance crate engines, this was hot tested with multiple pulls on a dyno to document the horsepower and comes with a 2-year/24,000 mile warranty, the best in the industry.

"The 'Reactor' represents the type of vehicle that we are seeing more and more of our crate engines being used in," said Todd Andrews, ROUSH Performance's performance engines sales and marketing manager. "More of the very high-end specialty builders recognize the craftsmanship to our engines and they are quickly becoming the first choice among this group. We are thrilled to be part of this Mustang and honored to have it displayed in our SEMA booth."

Following the SEMA Show, the "Reactor" will go on tour visiting several Good Guys events across the country, and other indoor shows such as the 2007 Detroit Autorama.

For those who are interested in the details about all that went into building this Mustang can read about it in Scott Killeen's "Build Book," due in February. This book features approximately 300 pages detailing each step of build process from concept through completion, all in full color.

The "Reactor," along with a variety of ROUSH Performance vehicles, high-performance parts and crate engines, will be on display throughout the SEMA Show in the ROUSH Performance booth which is located at 24701.

The Ringbrothers, comprised of Mike and Jim Ring, specialize in turning old Mustangs into works of art. Often armed with nothing but a vision and a few tools, the Spring Green, Wis., company uses their skill, imagination and experience to turn a classic car into a one-of-a-kind Mustang. For more information, visit online at www.ringbrothers.com or telephone (608) 588-7399.

Based in Livonia, Mich., "The Art of Performance Engineering" takes place at Roush Performance. In addition to the Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Ford Mustang and F-150 styling, handling and performance upgrades, a complete line of performance parts and crate engines are offered. For more information see your local ROUSH dealer, visit www.RoushPerformance.com or telephone toll-free (800) 59-ROUSH.
Old 10/11/06, 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool, another item on my list of things to see this year!
Old 10/11/06, 12:50 PM
FR500 Member

that looks like its gonna be insanely nice
Old 10/11/06, 01:24 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
cant wait!!!
Old 10/11/06, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

cool, can't wait for pictures.
Old 10/11/06, 10:55 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rather "Bullitt-like," isn't it?
Old 10/12/06, 07:21 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Very interesting, can't wait to see pics of this one.
Old 10/12/06, 01:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I hope they dont rice it out like it looks in the pictures
Old 10/12/06, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
I hope they dont rice it out like it looks in the pictures
Old 10/12/06, 05:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I know it has a lot of power.....I'm just not digging the rendering. Looks a bit over-riced IMO.
Old 10/13/06, 04:16 PM

Borrowed Alittle Bit of Project Kona's Style Que's, But Still Looks Freakin Awsome. Can't Wait to See It! What Other Suprises Does SEMA Have In Store for Us Mustang Enthusists?
Old 10/16/06, 07:27 AM
V6 Member

that looks sick. But the color choose i would go different on. Still looks awesome. i love Roush best mustang style/proformance besides the cobra. can't go wrong with those two.
Old 10/16/06, 08:17 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
very nice..I hope this isn't a case of the artist out cooling the builders!
That hood would look awesome on a new stang
Old 10/20/06, 10:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Definetly be interesting to see it when they reveal the real car.
Old 10/21/06, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by codeman94
I know it has a lot of power.....I'm just not digging the rendering. Looks a bit over-riced IMO.
+1

However, I believe Roush has nothing but the deepest respect for Shelby and what he stands for. They'll not rice it, I hope.

The artists rendering is for asthetics and the actual design is more in line w/ the modern Shelby. Which IMO, looks amazing.
Old 10/23/06, 03:32 PM
Cobra Member

<rant>

Would everyone who loves to throw around the term rice please stop until you know what it means.

Something that isn't stock doesn't mean it is riced.

Doing custom, well-crafted work in a different style is what customization is ALL about. Sure, it might be too much for your taste, but that doesn't make it rice.

Personally, I am very thankful to see people use a little creativity to personalize their cars instead of the onslaught of "me-too" fakes and wanna-be's

</rant>

As far as artists renditions are concerned, I have been burned too often by great looking sketches that never look as good when done to an actual car. But, I like a lot of the design ideas they are starting with.
Old 10/24/06, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rampant
<rant>

Would everyone who loves to throw around the term rice please stop until you know what it means.

Something that isn't stock doesn't mean it is riced.

Doing custom, well-crafted work in a different style is what customization is ALL about. Sure, it might be too much for your taste, but that doesn't make it rice.

Personally, I am very thankful to see people use a little creativity to personalize their cars instead of the onslaught of "me-too" fakes and wanna-be's

</rant>

As far as artists renditions are concerned, I have been burned too often by great looking sketches that never look as good when done to an actual car. But, I like a lot of the design ideas they are starting with.
Ricing has nothing to do with Custom, well crafted work. Rice ( IMO, of course ) is attempting to buy as many bolt on body kit pieces as you can and call it Customed.

A good example is I seen a Dodge Neon in town just today that had fender flares, a fake shaker and a tail fin that should have had caution lights hanging from it it was so tall. Not to mention the fake shaker hood that was literaly duct taped to the hood.

/shrug.
Old 10/31/06, 09:01 PM
Cobra Member

looking at the rendering that hood screams "DODGE". You can almost see where the artist erased the letters LOL. The Ringbrothers work always looks a bit busy - where their added style conflicts with existing lines.

-Deric
Old 11/2/06, 06:56 PM

Wheres the pics?
Old 11/2/06, 10:18 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Check here, http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/jayguy4/ The reactor starts at 100-1427. They had the hood up and I didn't get a pic of it.

Quick Reply: ROUSH Reactor Mustang