1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Over Haulin' 65 Fastback

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/04, 12:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
65 fastback build!

'Bout time they did a Mustang. They've been teasing us with magazine ads featuring a Mustang for months now. From the commercial, it looks like it's a 6 cyl. I wonder if they'll do a V8 swap?

I'm interested to see what Foose will come up with for my body style. The satellite recorder is set and quivering with anticipation.
Old 8/11/04, 12:30 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
They showed a glimpse last night of next weeks show with the Mustang. I believe they do perform a swap, and I know the Color is Blue w/White Strips.
Old 8/11/04, 12:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@August 11, 2004, 1:33 PM
They showed a glimpse last night of next weeks show with the Mustang. I believe they do perform a swap, and I know the Color is Blue w/White Strips.
Yeah that's where I saw it. Where did you get the paint info from?

<- Watched the preview at 1/4 speed so I wouldn't miss anything.
Old 8/11/04, 12:36 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by BLAKE+August 11, 2004, 12:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLAKE @ August 11, 2004, 12:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evil_Capri@August 11, 2004, 1:33 PM

<- Watched the preview at 1/4 speed so I wouldn't miss anything. [/b][/quote]
In the clip last night I could have sworn they rolled the the car in at the beginning (white) and then showed the owner looking over the engine and I could see the paint.

The glimpse I saw was with about 5-10 minutes left in the show.
Old 8/11/04, 12:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Evil_Capri+August 11, 2004, 1:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil_Capri @ August 11, 2004, 1:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by BLAKE@August 11, 2004, 12:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Evil_Capri
@August 11, 2004, 1:33 PM

<- Watched the preview at 1/4 speed so I wouldn't miss anything.
In the clip last night I could have sworn they rolled the the car in at the beginning (white) and then showed the owner looking over the engine and I could see the paint.

The glimpse I saw was with about 5-10 minutes left in the show. [/b][/quote]
Cool, I still have it recorded, so I'll take another look when I get home.
Old 8/11/04, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I saw the blue with white stripes as well. Sort of a Shelby clone look to it.
Old 8/11/04, 12:52 PM
Jay
Mach 1 Member

Yeah Foose is gonna get real creative and do it in Viper Blue with White LeMans stripes (I'll bet with some "ghosting" effect).

He's letting me down after I gave him that praise over Boyd. Should know by now that NOT putting LeMans stripes on a Mustang is being different...
Old 8/11/04, 12:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Jay@August 11, 2004, 1:55 PM
Yeah Foose is gonna get real creative and do it in Viper Blue with White LeMans stripes (I'll bet with some "ghosting" effect).

He's letting me down after I gave him that praise over Boyd. Should know by now that NOT putting LeMans stripes on a Mustang is being different...
I hear ya. Le Mans stripes would be a little bit dissapointing, but I'd still like to see the details of the rest of the build.
Old 8/11/04, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, it was just a glimpse, they could simply appear to be basic LeMans stripes at a glance, but Foose usually does just that subtle thing to it that only the trained eye can detect. In either case, I certainly am not going to shoot him down yet before I even see more than a 10 sec clip.

I personally have yet to own a car with the stripes, so I still like the look of them even though they are more common than not these days. I may even add them on the next repaint. Taste is totally subjective and if I did do it I certainly wouldn't make the decision based on what others thought even if they were the majority. It's impossible to please others if you don't make yourself happy first.
Old 8/11/04, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

I saw the preview too. I was watching Rides last night and they were pimping a 69 Continental. Crazy chit they were doing to it.

LeMans stripes will always be classy on a Mustang. It's a timeless design. And blue/white sure beats yellow/silver in my book.

"There's a fine line between clever and stupid." - David St. Hubbins.
Old 8/11/04, 02:03 PM
Jay
Mach 1 Member

Foose could do sumthin' diff though... a well done two tone. He will have to really raise the bar this time though. I will use the Fast Forward Fastback as the measuring stick.

But I suppose with this program there is a little more time constraint

EDIT: Also, I forgot that he likes to incorporate what the owner "wanted to do with the car..." So maybe the owner told all his buds he wanted "Viper Blue with White Stripes, just like all those other cars..."
Old 8/11/04, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by BLAKE@August 11, 2004, 12:27 PM
65 fastback build!

'Bout time they did a Mustang. They've been teasing us with magazine ads featuring a Mustang for months now. From the commercial, it looks like it's a 6 cyl. I wonder if they'll do a V8 swap?

I'm interested to see what Foose will come up with for my body style. The satellite recorder is set and quivering with anticipation.
We'll be lucky to see anything. Seems like with each episode there is more on deceiving the owner and less on the car build. It's starting to look like any other "reality" show. :bang:
Old 8/11/04, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good point about what the owner wants, I did not think of that either. While I would love to have someone like Foose take a crack at my car (and I keep leaving subtle hints to that affect with the wife when it's on ) I can't say I'd be thrilled if he decided the pimpin low rider affect was the thing to do and it came out lookin more like a Ronster with airbag shocks or an interior like that Continental.

He hasn't really done a car yet that I can remeber which has had a strong purist following like the Stang yet. Probably what Boyd was thinking too, that too much would be too offensive and some times less is more.

I also agree they need more tech less talk.
Old 8/12/04, 05:37 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Before:
Old 8/12/04, 06:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought they were going to do my Ranger next!
Old 8/12/04, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by Jay@August 11, 2004, 12:55 PM

to me, anything is an improvement over Boyd... Arg, that show makes me yak all over the place...

And his designs... erg, they all look about the same, except for different colors... And don't get me started on Boyd's "crew"... I'd take the American Chopper crew over Boyd's any day.
Old 8/12/04, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Since I live about 1/2 mile from Foose's shop I could always drive over there and give him the suggestions of this board
Old 8/12/04, 10:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 2MFF@August 12, 2004, 10:37 AM
Since I live about 1/2 mile from Foose's shop I could always drive over there and give him the suggestions of this board
Eh, don't bother. I'm sure Chip already reads this board anyway.

I went back and re-watched, and sure enough; blue with white. I actually had seen a shorter spot during rides, not the more extended version that was aired during this week's Overhaulin.
Old 8/16/04, 07:38 AM
Jay
Mach 1 Member

It's getting done with help from Maier:

http://www.maierracing.com/overhaulin.html
Old 8/16/04, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

i hope they put a good engine in there. maybe a 351c with a blower. that would be nice. they are really good with there work though so i bet it will come out nice and classy. i hope at least.

Quick Reply: Over Haulin' 65 Fastback