1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

No Way

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/07, 08:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is all I can say or do that is horrible.
Old 4/18/07, 02:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man, I had finally started to push this to the back of my brain. Every Friday when I go to check on my cars progress now I feel nervous all weekend. Is there a verdict out yet on yours? Are these guys even rebuilding the shop? It seems this was truly their specialty, I have never seen so many 71-73 cars nesting in one spot.

All I can say is in the future keep as far the hell away from Kevin Kennedy as you can, move if you have to. I totally remember Brad telling us about his first fire and thay guy must just have the sword of damocles hanging over his head.
Old 4/18/07, 06:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving the shop,cars,and any parts that we can salvage to a warehouse in bessemer,al.

All tools and equipment ...not insured , most of the cars...not insured, but before say why not? have you ever tried to get insurance on a car being restored ...not complete...not easy

We are still trying to figure things out. Just taking one day at a time right now. we have to as much as we can out of the bldg before friday....landlord is having bldg bulldozed due to safety. I'll keep ya'll up to date when i know more.
Old 4/19/07, 07:46 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
John, this is truly sad and should not happen to anyone! If there is anything I can do to help let me know, don't hesitate to call. I have a lot of sources for parts and even a line on a real Blue/Silver '71 Boss 351 in need of restoration if you decide not to proceed with rebuilding your car.
Old 4/19/07, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

I would like the info on the 71' , just in case...I'll know more about what i'm doing in the next month...just got the car to the warehouse last night. The front half of the car came through pretty good . Some how it did not get cooked as bad as the rear...but anyway , email the info...thanks paul.
Old 4/19/07, 08:35 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I know when I talked to you (day after it happened), you said it was bad, I truely believe it now.

Im sorry to see this. On the upside, glad no one was hurt and glad your 67 wasnt there as well.
Old 4/19/07, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look on the bright side man, i mean if there is one, the motor doesnt look all that bad.it looks bad but it could've been worse.always remember it could've been worse man
Old 9/18/07, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 390 4spd
Moving the shop,cars,and any parts that we can salvage to a warehouse in bessemer,al.

All tools and equipment ...not insured , most of the cars...not insured, but before say why not? have you ever tried to get insurance on a car being restored ...not complete...not easy

We are still trying to figure things out. Just taking one day at a time right now. we have to as much as we can out of the bldg before friday....landlord is having bldg bulldozed due to safety. I'll keep ya'll up to date when i know more.
I'm sorry for your loss. I just found out today that Heacock Classic will insure cars during restoration. www.heacockclassic.com . A little late for you but maybe it will help some one else.
Old 9/26/07, 07:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

I can't imagine what you must be going through. Thoughts and prayers are with you buddy. Thankfully no loss of life at least. Hang in there and your TMS buddies are behind you.
Old 9/26/07, 07:09 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear this man, what a freak accident. Good luck with the restore
Old 11/21/07, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Just read this today, unbelievable. At a loss for words.
Old 11/21/07, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
Just read this today, unbelievable. At a loss for words.
Me too!! Unbelievable.......
Old 11/27/07, 02:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 390 4spd

The shop doesn't have general liability coverage? If they have this then they should have turned in a claim for the loss of customer's vehicles @ their shop due to fire. Did the company do a cause & origin investigation?

I would think that whether you had coverage on the car wouldn't matter--the car was at the shop for restoration & was damaged due to fire @ the shop. Keep us updated on the details--We're here for you
Old 11/27/07, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Rob O

The Update is at http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=68729