Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/MusclePerformance.aspx

UNIQUE PERFORMANCE, CHIP FOOSE, AND YEAR ONE
LAUNCH MUSCLE PERFORMANCE CAR COMPANY
Group to Turn Ordinary Vintage Muscle Cars into
Extraordinary Muscle Performance Cars

Unique Performance, Chip Foose and Year One will build limited edition muscle cars that combine original 1960s era vehicles with 21st century performance technology. The team will transform vintage vehicles into world-class muscle performance cars with stunning bodywork and top components.

The 1960s era American muscle cars scheduled for limited edition production include Chevrolet Camaros, Dodge Chargers and Plymouth 'Cudas. The team will transform these cars into extraordinary muscle performance cars with the latest wheels, engines, suspensions, transmissions, and interiors, found in current production luxury performance automobiles.

"I'm asked daily to recreate the stunning one-off vehicles that we build for customers or showcase on the TV show, but we aren't set up for that type of production," commented Chip Foose. "Muscle Performance was founded to allow me to create exciting new designs that Unique Performance can build for a limited number of customers with expertise from Year One."

"The demand for limited edition vintage performance cars from top designers has skyrocketed," said Douglas Hasty, President of Unique Performance. "By combining our world renowned experience in building continuation Shelby Mustangs coupled with the talents of Chip Foose and Year One, we intend to offer muscle car enthusiasts the car of their dreams."

"We're pleased to be working with Chip Foose and Unique Performance to build ultra cool cars," added Kevin King, President of Year One. "Year One will contribute our expertise in working with the best components from top manufacturers in the muscle car world."
Old 1/27/05, 08:12 AM
Cobra R Member

As long as there is actual imagination and creativety involved, I would consider it a good thing. I don't think Unique performance is a bad company, but their unholy Eleanor tie does tend to leave one a bit gun shy.
Old 1/27/05, 11:00 AM
Cobra Member

*perk* Eleanor? Did some one say, "Eleanor?"
________
Pattaya properties for sale

Last edited by LMan; 8/20/11 at 09:20 AM.
Old 1/27/05, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by LMan@January 27, 2005, 12:03 PM
Cloney, you grab the dart gun. I've got the cattle stick. Get 'em before he starts swirling!
Old 1/27/05, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, they seem to be leaving the Mustangs out of it for now so it's not like all the fastback years will be eaten up like the 67's were, that's a good thing I think. Cars like the Chargers and Cuda's wont be easy to come by and will likely be out of reach of most buyers pockets since even an average one gets big bucks already. I think we will see mroe Camaro's than anything. Honestly though, I wish if they were going to do something like this that they teamed up with a company like Dynacorn instead and worked off new repro bodies instead.

Speaking of Chargers, did anyone catch that Extreme Lee build the other night?
Old 1/27/05, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

We'll there goes the nieghberhood. 90 to 100,000 dollar camaros and chevelles. NOT GOOD

:notnice: :nono:
Old 1/27/05, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by LMan@January 27, 2005, 12:03 PM

what is it with the "eleanor"? to me the car looks like nothing but "change for the sake of change". of course i am talking about the exterior only. i agree that beneath the skin they made a lot of worthwhile changes that greatly improved the car, however the exterior isn't one of them. as for foose wanting to branch out and "customize" more muscle cars, more power to him. there definitely seems to be a market for them as the popularity of the eleanor attests. call me old fashioned but i like the original lines of the old cars. add some modern suspensions and motors and even interiors, but keep the exterior (what helped make it a classic to start with) the same.
Old 1/27/05, 06:11 PM

ALLLLLLLLL Right!!
Now we'll see even MORE 60's era muscle cars with 18-20" wheels
Old 1/28/05, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by pushrod power+January 27, 2005, 4:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pushrod power @ January 27, 2005, 4:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LMan@January 27, 2005, 12:03 PM
*perk*?? Eleanor??? Did some one say, "Eleanor?"?? ??

what is it with the "eleanor"? to me the car looks like nothing but "change for the sake of change". of course i am talking about the exterior only. i agree that beneath the skin they made a lot of worthwhile changes that greatly improved the car, however the exterior isn't one of them. as for foose wanting to branch out and "customize" more muscle cars, more power to him. there definitely seems to be a market for them as the popularity of the eleanor attests. call me old fashioned but i like the original lines of the old cars. add some modern suspensions and motors and even interiors, but keep the exterior (what helped make it a classic to start with) the same.
[/b][/quote]

oh, no WAY dudz! Eleanor is teh BOMB! teh shizzle! Best car n best movie EVAH! :worship: B)
________
Live sex

Last edited by LMan; 8/20/11 at 09:22 AM.
Old 1/28/05, 09:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by LMan@January 28, 2005, 10:53 AM

oh, no WAY dudz! Eleanor is teh BOMB! teh shizzle! Best car n best movie EVAH! :worship: B)
Ok, ok we get it. Fake Eleanor enthusiasm. It was funny. WAS. :bang:
Old 1/28/05, 09:58 AM
Cobra Member

I promise, I'll never mention it again......unless someone else does

just kidding...point taken!
________
CatFromGym

Last edited by LMan; 8/20/11 at 09:22 AM.
Old 1/28/05, 10:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by LMan@January 28, 2005, 11:01 AM
I promise, I'll never mention it again......unless someone else does

just kidding...point taken!