1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Has ur Stang embarrased you?

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/05, 10:16 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post ur stories of when you were looking ur best and ur pony fails you....

lol ill go first...

Once upon a time my dad and i decided to join a mustang club (GHMA) we went to a meeting and were just about to go on a spring cruise with the rest of the members...well....see before this my dad bought this cheap alaram system form Canadain Tire (40 bucks) and it made this cheap siren noise lol....so when i decided to place the camera in the car i opened the door and it gave a warning beep (warning first then alarm...uses vibration) so i said dad turn it off.....well it didnt go off...he opened the door and the annoying siren started screaming and it wouldnt disarm....we lifted the hood up and it started again and found the wire wasnt attached all the way for the remote....everyone was looking at us lol i just wanted to hide lmao....but after that se has been workin like a dream lol...

knock on wood :P
Old 6/11/05, 12:42 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
kinda slow in here huh....

mine was when i first showed my car to my aunt and the stubborn thing wouldnt start until AFTER she left. i have no idea why. i just tried the same sequence over and over, and it just wouldnt work.

but i still love her

the car that is
Old 6/11/05, 08:43 AM
FR500 Member

try fuel in the carb with foot to the floor next time lol
Old 6/11/05, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pulled into the local club meeting right after finishing the restoration only to have the rad overflow in front of everyone. A week later I lost reverse at a car show. A month later I do a burnout for my daughter and break a motor mount.
Old 6/11/05, 08:22 PM
FR500 Member

aww man sorry to hear man.....just remember she can always be fixed :P
Old 6/12/05, 01:44 PM
V6 Member

Well...my pressure hose for power steering had a leak in it and at the time I wasn't up for doing it myself. So this one time I hired someone at a shop to swap a new one in for me. Later that night I was cruising around the next thing I know I hear a very loud clanging noise and my cars not turning... my entire front suspension had fallen through and was dragging down the road. Even worse I was riding with this one girl from out of town that I hadn't seen in months and wanted to see the stang. VERY embarrasing, luckily I was in one of my friends neighborhood and we wheeled it to his driveway for the night. The next day I got under it and it appears that the guy who put in my new hose must have clipped a cotter pin and I believe he bent in one of the fuel lines that run past the hoses. :bang:
Old 6/12/05, 03:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, my '66 hasn't had the opportunity to embarrass me yet, but my '84 has so many times it not even funny!!! The one that stands out is the time I was working an event for the club I was in at the time (Gateway 5.0), the Hot Rod Power Fest at Gateway Int'l and we snuck out on the oval for the group pic. Well, they had me back her up to the wall and I thought we'd just sit in our cars, but No, they wanted us out of them, so I go and pull the E-brake and NOTHING!! the cables had frozen!!! Well, I couldn't just leave it there, it'd roll into the other cars so a buddy threw his spare under her wheel and that fixed the situation. John
Old 6/12/05, 04:17 PM

After replacing the stock cast iron intake with a Ford Racing intake, I take my buddy out for a spin but didn't notice the massive air leak by the carb. Needless to say I blew the carb with a huge intake backfire and had to push my baby home. Gave me a chance to replace the Autolite carb with a new Holley. Runs great since. The Autolite is still in the garage waiting to be rebuilt.
Old 6/13/05, 08:13 AM
Bullitt Member

While I was in the Army, stationed at Fort Ord in California, I had a 64-1/2 coupe with a built 302 and C4 transmission. It had a nice white paint job and very nice red interior, but a couple spots of gray primer on the fenders where I was trying to do some bodywork on weekends. Loud exhaust, shackled up in the back - the kind of car that says "I'm fast, I'm cool" right?

Well, one Saturday night while picking up my "girlfriend of the week" on our way to cruise Salinas and head for a beach party, my transmission line decides to break and blow oil all over the engine compartment, driveway, me, etc. Had to walk a mile to a Wal-Mart to get the stuff to fix it. Needless to say it was late when I got to the beach party - alone.
Old 6/13/05, 11:03 AM
FR500 Member

aww man these are some depressing stories lol i thought ours was bad....just remembered another one

We drove to my little cousins bday party which was at my aunt's house and there was no room to park on the driveway...so we put the car on the boulevard (slanted) and put the top up...at that time we were still powrried about someone stealing or vandalising her...so we were about to leave and decided to put the top down cause it was still nice out...but when we were puttin it down the top was going down on an angle and looked lopsided.....so after screwing aroiund with it we gave up and decided to put it back up and it was a pain to clamp....when we got home we tightened some screws and it went up and down fine.....

Sometimes it likes to give us some hard times for noo reason lol
Old 6/14/05, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Well, Let me preface my story by saying I am the only Ford Guy in a family of Chevy lovers. So I catch all kinds of $hit from the others.

So we were all meeting at my in-laws to go to this big cruise. I spent the morning shining her up and getting her ready to go. I go to start her and noticed it was difficult, the battery seemed low. I charged it up a bit with the trickle charger.

Time to go, me in the stang, wife and kids in the minivan. we get to my in-laws, FIL has his '84 S-10 mini ready to go, BIL has his '56 Nomad ready to go. I cruise past my in-laws to the intersection to turn around and halfway through the turn the stang dies. Try to crank it nothing...dead battery. Pushed it back in fron of my in-laws, pulled the battery out put it on FIL's charger, rode to the cruise in the Mminivan.

Turned out on of the connection in the altenator wiring harness was bad for the charging circuit. replaced the harness and have not had a problem since. But I caught a ton of crap since about it.
Old 6/14/05, 10:28 AM
FR500 Member

Yea i know how it is lol i make fun of my uncle causehe bought a dodge minivan....keep telling him to make sure his tranee doesnt drop when hes makin a left turn :P
Old 6/15/05, 08:55 PM
Post *****

lol, im a ford guy in a BMW family

first it was my uncle and aunt. then it was my OTHER unlce and aunt, and then my own parents. but my other uncle and aunt.... well.... they're toyota

so thank god i started brainwashing my bro early on (he wanted a Z3/ Z4)

hehehe, you want luxury? get a Cougar kiddo. and you know what? it worked. so its us (and the other two cousins i've brainwashed to like mustangs) against the rest of the family lol
Old 6/15/05, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by future9er24@June 15, 2005, 8:58 PM
lol, im a ford guy in a BMW family

first it was my uncle and aunt. then it was my OTHER unlce and aunt, and then my own parents. but my other uncle and aunt.... well.... they're toyota

so thank god i started brainwashing my bro early on (he wanted a Z3/ Z4)

hehehe, you want luxury? get a Cougar kiddo. and you know what? it worked. so its us (and the other two cousins i've brainwashed to like mustangs) against the rest of the family lol
Good job Now future generations of your family will like Fords.At least your family isnt all GM.They tried to brainwash me at a young age but it only half worked.I ended up with a Chevy but I dream about having a Ford every night.Heres to everyone who has brainwashed someone into liking Fords.
Old 6/15/05, 10:06 PM

I was sitting in a parking lot getting ready to leave when a 2000 or so V6 mustang cruised in and parked next to me then revved his engine at me. I figured i'd point him in the right direction but when i went to start my car it wouldn't even turn over. Turns out my voltage regulator was fried and I had to have a buddy come and jump me.
Old 6/15/05, 10:26 PM
V6 Member

I had put on my newly restored steering wheel earlier that day. Later that night I hear a horn going off (a completely solid hank). After couple mins I get pissed off and hop out of bed to see whats going on. Come to find out it was my baby. I just opened the hood and unhooked the horns just so I could go back to sleep.
Old 6/16/05, 01:15 AM
Post *****

Now future generations of your family will like Fords
wow...never really thought that far ahead (does any teenager?) sweeeeeet
Old 6/16/05, 08:38 AM
FR500 Member

lol that horn thing is funny.....as for Jeff man id be hiding in my seat after that one lol
Old 6/16/05, 03:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
One nice satuday morning, my brother in law and I were having a "who's sounds the best" contest....me and my '65 289 and him with his '64 Fairlane 390. Well...there was no comparison to who had the best sounding revs..(me), but my heater core paid the price, and so did my passenger side floor.....Antifreeze everywhere........man that stuff smells BAD when it is really hot. I don't know which took more time..getting the hoses on and off the heater core, or for the smell to leave the carpet.
Old 6/16/05, 04:24 PM
FR500 Member

lmao the fact of the matter is u won

Quick Reply: Has ur Stang embarrased you?