1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Eleanor for sale - Sweeeeeeeeeet

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/05, 12:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris9321,June 23, 2005, 6:46 AM
Edit: On the topic of real shelby pricing, this is obviously not typical, but Ive heard of a 65 GT350 with all the peices there all numbers matching, unrestored, for 4 grand.
You ever see a deal like this then point me in that direction immediately.
[/quote]

how are those billet seat adjustment levers working out for ya?
Old 7/8/05, 04:44 PM

BullittFB, if you really dont beleive me, then write Mustang & Fords magazine and ask them if they've every featured a story about a man who bought an unrestored all-original '65 Shelby for $4000 in their Rare Finds section. I'll bet you my 66 Hardtop that they DID.
Old 7/8/05, 04:54 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally posted by pakrat@June 22, 2005, 1:52 PM
SVO, I can not believe that you have over 800 posts and you still do not know who LMan is yet, lol. He is probably the head of the anti Eleahor hate group for pete's sake. I understand that he gives absolutley no clue to the fact that he is being sarcastic in his raving eleahor posts, but he is. Usually it is only the Newb's that fall for his schtick and even then it's only if they have been around for less than a day.

Nope, had no idea but most of my time had/has been spent in the Fox section and not here.....mostly just due to lack of time so I don't read or have read everything that goes on here. I spend 10 plus hours daily in my shop and only have internet access here so forgive me for being "pre-occupied"

IE: The reason you posted this on June 22nd and I never even saw it until July 8th

Been busy in the shop fixing this car.....
Old 7/10/05, 02:00 AM

Ah, so you read it on a magazine....on your last post you wrote
"Ive heard of a 65 GT350 with all the peices there all numbers matching, unrestored, for 4 grand".
You never wrote that it came out on a a magazine as a rare find article. One thing is to say you heard about it, as you wrote it, and another to read it on a publication with an established reputation.
You could probably buy one too for 500 bucks if the owner does not know it´s true value, is desperate enough, drunk enough, has senile dementia, or just doesn´t give a d.a.m.n. about the "old car", what are the chances it will happen to you or anybody that lives on your same county: slim to none.
That´s why it´s called a rare find.
Old 7/11/05, 03:17 AM

I also seem to recall saying it NOT being typical. I never said anyone else would ever find something like that again. I just thought someone might like to hear about it, but I guess that some people refuse to beleive anything unless they see it themselves.
Old 7/11/05, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by svopaul@July 8, 2005, 4:57 PM
Nope, had no idea but most of my time had/has been spent in the Fox section and not here.....mostly just due to lack of time so I don't read or have read everything that goes on here. I spend 10 plus hours daily in my shop and only have internet access here so forgive me for being "pre-occupied"
IE: The reason you posted this on June 22nd and I never even saw it until July 8th
Been busy in the shop fixing this car.....
Ah ah, well that explains it totally. BTW, nice work on the collision, my 69 got wacked in a simillar fashion, hope it comes out looking as well. My top was down and the framework is a total mess, getting that to seal well and function smoothly is probably going to be my biggest challenge.
Old 7/12/05, 07:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by pakrat@July 11, 2005, 11:07 AM
Ah ah, well that explains it totally. BTW, nice work on the collision, my 69 got wacked in a simillar fashion, hope it comes out looking as well. My top was down and the framework is a total mess, getting that to seal well and function smoothly is probably going to be my biggest challenge.
How is that coming along Pak? I bet it's killing you to miss a summer rolling the 'vert.
Old 7/12/05, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BLAKE@July 12, 2005, 7:49 AM
How is that coming along Pak? I bet it's killing you to miss a summer rolling the 'vert.
Oh you have no idea Blake. The first part of the summer was still very rainy and unusually cold at times so it wasn't too bad but now it's 90's and gorgeous and killing me. The body shop has been on vacation for 2 weeks but will continue next week, hopefully my B/O Shelby deck lid arrives by then. I'm doubting severely that it will be ready for inspection in August much less even see the raod this year at all the way things are currently off track but on the bright side that means I won't have to sweat over any paint chips all winter either I guess. I am just aching to see some real progress more than anything.
Old 7/12/05, 03:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by pakrat@July 12, 2005, 9:25 AM
I am just aching to see some real progress more than anything.
Oh man, I feel for ya. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't gotten to drive mine since January, and it's all my fault. Who thought an engine/tranny swap would take so long? Let's just say that it get's more complicated when you build the motor yourself, add power brakes, new brake lines, clutch cable, fab a tranny tunnel mounted e-brake, re-wire a bunch of stuff, restore the engine bay....

Aw crap, I'm depressing myself. :bang:
Old 7/13/05, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BLAKE@July 12, 2005, 3:13 PM
Oh man, I feel for ya. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't gotten to drive mine since January, and it's all my fault. Who thought an engine/tranny swap would take so long? Let's just say that it get's more complicated when you build the motor yourself, add power brakes, new brake lines, clutch cable, fab a tranny tunnel mounted e-brake, re-wire a bunch of stuff, restore the engine bay....

Aw crap, I'm depressing myself. :bang:
Well, seeings how you get to drive your car practically year round, yes it does make me feel a little better. Our short 6 month east coast window of opportunity makes us a little more used to being without it I guess but of course we probably also jones for a fix more than you too.