1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Eleanor for sale - Sweeeeeeeeeet

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/05, 05:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cntchds@June 9, 2005, 4:32 PM
id take a real shelby over that anyday
Can you still get a real Shelby for less than $120K these days?
Old 6/9/05, 05:57 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally posted by beneman@June 9, 2005, 5:38 PM
Can you still get a real Shelby for less than $120K these days?

Sure....I see them all the time for less.

That brings about another SAD fact.....that a modern clone brings more money than an original piece of history
Old 6/9/05, 06:11 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E the only mustang i loathe

im sick and #$%&in tired of hearing "oh look its eleanor, look at how cool i am cuz i have eleanor, isnt eleanor the coolest mustang ever!"

god blam it. i wish this car was never even built in the first place. heck, when i was searching for a car to buy, i alsmot bought this 69 coupe and the owner had and original GT500KR vert, beatufiful car. bbut it was in pieces in his garage cuz "i want to beuild an eleanor"

i know its out of place but #$%&eleanor. its the most disgraceful "classic" mustang i've seen.
Old 6/9/05, 06:29 PM
Service Manager

Originally posted by future9er24@June 9, 2005, 6:14 PM
E the only mustang i loathe

im sick and #$%&in tired of hearing "oh look its eleanor, look at how cool i am cuz i have eleanor, isnt eleanor the coolest mustang ever!"

god blam it. i wish this car was never even built in the first place. heck, when i was searching for a car to buy, i alsmot bought this 69 coupe and the owner had and original GT500KR vert, beatufiful car. bbut it was in pieces in his garage cuz "i want to beuild an eleanor"

i know its out of place but #$%&eleanor. its the most disgraceful "classic" mustang i've seen.
I don't know if it is THAT bad(I hate mostly the hood and a few other things) but anyone who would take an original KR and turn it into an "Eleanor" should be strung up by his privates!
Old 6/10/05, 12:19 AM

Like somebody before me said, to each their own, to me eleanors are nothing but shelby rice that do not deserve to be listed anywhere near the shelby registry. If I ever wanted to replicate my 68 FB after something, it would be after Steve McQueen´s Bullitt.
Old 6/10/05, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

That over priced hunk of wannbe shelby doesn't have spit on a real one, sorry i don't want a designer mustang, whats next gucci mach 1's--for that money i'd buy a real one
Old 6/16/05, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Coupe@June 9, 2005, 7:47 AM
E'nore again

I bet Lman is knowledgable on E'nore. Ask him.

:worship: :worship: :worship: ...that's the greatest compliment you could give me......I am honored and humbled..........

...no piddlin' Shelby is worth what an Eleanor will bring at auction. The public is always right, and it knows the value and desirability of the one Mustang that singlehandedly saved our hobby. That's Eleanor.
Old 6/16/05, 10:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by svopaul@June 9, 2005, 8:32 PM
I don't know if it is THAT bad(I hate mostly the hood and a few other things) but anyone who would take an original KR and turn it into an "Eleanor" should be strung up by his privates!
:yes: I totally agree!

When I first saw "Gone in Sixty Seconds" the E Shelby was neat... but now its just so over hyped. I'll stick with a stock Shelby too, not some "cobbled" together monstrosity that bears no resemblance to the true legends.
Old 6/16/05, 02:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 16, 2005, 11:17 AM
:yes: I totally agree!

When I first saw "Gone in Sixty Seconds" the E Shelby was neat... but now its just so over hyped. I'll stick with a stock Shelby too, not some "cobbled" together monstrosity that bears no resemblance to the true legends.
They look like a car you could have fun beating the s--t out of ! BUT............I say, Look out elenore, The BOSS is back !! www.1969boss429.com
Old 6/16/05, 03:31 PM
Service Manager

Originally posted by LMan@June 16, 2005, 9:06 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship: ...that's the greatest compliment you could give me......I am honored and humbled..........
...no piddlin' Shelby is worth what an Eleanor will bring at auction. The public is always right, and it knows the value and desirability of the one Mustang that singlehandedly saved our hobby. That's Eleanor.

I'm sorry but I beg to differ....that car had nothing to do with "saving our hobby"...the only thing it has done is make the 67-68 fastbacks unobtainable by average REAL enthusiasts. The hobby has always been alive and did not need saving...if anything has "saved" the hobby it is the frenzy created by the new '05 and it's resemblence to the original. Not like I don't have a finger on the pulse of the hobby considering I am a Mustang parts dealer or anything like that

For those who worship eleanor...great, but I find that most people who worship Eleanor have never even seen or know about the original movie and the REAL Eleanor...they are just jumping on the bandwagon because it was a cool movie. But don't expect everyone to have the same opinion and don't think that one single car is the savior of the hobby....far from it in reality....it's just another movie car.
Old 6/17/05, 05:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by svopaul@June 16, 2005, 3:34 PM
I'm sorry but I beg to differ....that car had nothing to do with "saving our hobby"...the only thing it has done is make the 67-68 fastbacks unobtainable by average REAL enthusiasts.
*LMan goes out and puts another coat of wax on his 67 FB*

For those who worship eleanor...great, but I find that most people who worship Eleanor have never even seen or know about the original movie and the REAL Eleanor...they are just jumping on the bandwagon because it was a cool movie. But don't expect everyone to have the same opinion and don't think that one single car is the savior of the hobby....far from it in reality....it's just another movie car.
ack! Just another movie car? Blasphemy! Sacrilege! Evil! Burn him at the stake!

Old 6/17/05, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like the Shelby in the Movie but all of these fake ones are just cheap. My dad really loves the 68 fastbacks and he will probably never get one now since all of them are being turned into fake shelbys. I know about the original movie and car but it just doesnt have the fanash (sp) that the shelby did. That is probably the reason most people dont know about it, or it could be the fact that the movie is 30 years old (but hey they still remember Bullit). I guess people with those have them just to be like they are movie stars.
Old 6/17/05, 08:13 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by svopaul@June 9, 2005, 7:03 AM
Watch me....but it won't be for sale(unless you have $120K you want to part with...everything has a price) and it won't be an Eleanor clone...it will be a replica of a REAL '67 GT 500 with a 351 based 427. The car is sitting in my shop waiting for me to finish my '65 to get started

120K is stupid money based solely on movie hype and the fact that some people have so much money that they don't care what a car costs.

Maybe I'll budget my car out and list what it costs to build when I do it just to show others the reality of a build....
Is it possible to build 67/68 Fastback with Eleanor body kit? Keep the rear lights of regular Fastback, but rest of it make it look like Eleanor. Would that be possible? If yes, would it be cheaper that way than to build it like Shelby replica? How much would it usually cost to take regular Hatchback (in great condition, restored) and make it look like Eleanor? Since you this kind of stuff I think you would be perfect man to ask these questions.
Old 6/21/05, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
I'll give them my Honda Accord for it! lol
Old 6/22/05, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by svopaul@June 16, 2005, 3:34 PM
I'm sorry but I beg to differ....that car had nothing to do with "saving our hobby"...the only thing it has done is make the 67-68 fastbacks unobtainable by average REAL enthusiasts. The hobby has always been alive and did not need saving...if anything has "saved" the hobby it is the frenzy created by the new '05 and it's resemblence to the original. Not like I don't have a finger on the pulse of the hobby considering I am a Mustang parts dealer or anything like that

SVO, I can not believe that you have over 800 posts and you still do not know who LMan is yet, lol. He is probably the head of the anti Eleahor hate group for pete's sake. I understand that he gives absolutley no clue to the fact that he is being sarcastic in his raving eleahor posts, but he is. Usually it is only the Newb's that fall for his schtick and even then it's only if they have been around for less than a day.
Old 6/22/05, 03:25 PM
I'm people, and I like.

LMan- that Big Lebowski reference is priceless

On topic- I would take an original Shelby over an Eleanor, and it's a bummer that old work-needing stangs are out of many people's price range (especially mine), no matter how it came to be that way
Old 6/23/05, 06:22 AM

While I would much rather have any vintage Shelby over the restomodded Eleanor, I beleive that U.P.s GT500Es and GT500E Super Snakes should be considered actual Shelbys. Just because Shelby himself isnt building them means squat to me. You have to remember that Shelby didnt build or even have any control over what the later Shelby mustangs looked or drived like. Shelby isnt endorsing these replicas for the money either, Im sure, as he is (or was? not sure) getting sued for it by the woman who had Gone in 60 Seconds remade (wife of the original director), as is U.P. Unique Performance's replicas are not rice either, as has been previously stated, the Super Snake comes pushing some 750 hp. If thats rice, give me a Honda Civic from The Fast and the Furious.

In other news, why pay 120k for that Eleanor, when you can buy a good 67 for 2k (atleast where I live) and then get a COMPLETE bodykit for some 4k from Mustang Depot, which includes all the interior stuff like the pedals, shifter, and Go button.

Edit: On the topic of real shelby pricing, this is obviously not typical, but Ive heard of a 65 GT350 with all the peices there all numbers matching, unrestored, for 4 grand.
Old 6/23/05, 06:43 AM
V6 Member

Edit: On the topic of real shelby pricing, this is obviously not typical, but Ive heard of a 65 GT350 with all the peices there all numbers matching, unrestored, for 4 grand.
[/quote]

You ever see a deal like this then point me in that direction immediately.
Old 6/23/05, 06:55 AM

Haha, I'd point in the opposite direction and go for it myself :P
Old 6/29/05, 02:50 AM

The hood, the side exhaust and the dog gone ugly front end make it rice, not the HP it makes, which is good for smokin Japanese crap.

Originally posted by Vintage-Iron@June 23, 2005, 5:25 AM
Lay off the crack pipe kid.

Quick Reply: Eleanor for sale - Sweeeeeeeeeet