Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Two items I'm still not decided on...

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/10, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two items I'm still not decided on...

I'm still thinking this whole order through and I've come to the final points that are still under consideration:

1 - Electronics Package - At $2400, it's a lot of money for a nav that I have via phone or Garmin, a hard drive I'd rarely use, HD radio, which would be nice, and dual zone climate control that would also be a nice luxury/upscale feature. That would lower my payment by at least $40 alone, and it wouldn't be a waste if I left it off. On the other hand, I do want it and I think it's a great setup for the car, and cleans up the center stack a lot. I like how seamless that system is, and the screen works well in the cars I've driven.

2 - Interior seat color - I was originally going to do black/cashmere, but now I'm giving the GB stripe a second look. Just not sure if going with a colored stripe vs. a neutral color is something I'd want to live with every day (mind you, the car will be Kona blue).

Just throwing this out for discussion and some other views on each topic. Discuss.
Old 4/28/10, 01:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory satnav is a colossal rip-off when, as you say, you get the same functionality with a Garmin.
Old 4/28/10, 01:44 PM
Cobra R Member

1. The Electronics package IS expensive. And taken individually it's easy to see how those items can be handled alternatively. But as a comprehensive package, it really just makes the car better. Remember, it's not JUST nav but voice recognition NAV. So it will know when you swear at it when you get lost. I debated about that too but ultimately decided that the whole driving experience is why I'm building this car. If I just wanted another car, I'd get a '10 discounted off the lot.

2. What's "cool" today is tacky tomorrow. Skip the seat stripes. Next thing you know you'll want pink neon stripes or tribal decals across the rear quarter.

Just my $.02. No thanks, I don't need change.
Old 4/28/10, 01:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So are you saying that I should stick with black/cashmere for the interior?
Old 4/28/10, 01:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
So are you saying that I should stick with black/cashmere for the interior?
Yes.
Old 4/28/10, 01:47 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by Novelty goat
Factory satnav is a colossal rip-off when, as you say, you get the same functionality with a Garmin.
Garmin SUCKS. So does TomTom, Magellan, and the rest. If you like little 4.3" screens with spotty voice recognition, lousy speakers, sure, go for it. The system in the electronics package is far better bar none.
Old 4/28/10, 01:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eci
Garmin SUCKS. So does TomTom, Magellan, and the rest. If you like little 4.3" screens with spotty voice recognition, lousy speakers, sure, go for it. The system in the electronics package is far better bar none.
How many times do we have to tell you not to sugar coat your opinions, eci? C'mon, tell us how you really feel.

Old 4/28/10, 01:50 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Overboost, consider the Eleck Pkg is more than just Nav. It's sports score, gas prices, weather, etc. Of course not eveyone will use those features but I sure will...
Old 4/28/10, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

1) I didn't order it, because I just didn't want it for the price. I can use a portable if I ever want nav, and that's good enough for me. The rest of the integration features are nice, but I can live without them. Another little thing...I kind of like the idea of dual climate controls, but I much prefer having a **** for the temp control. I don't like the up/down buttons you get with the nav system.

2) I'd go cashmere. I think the GB stripes are great on a GB car. But no so much on a Kona car. I think cashmere go better with the exterior.
Team Mustang Source

I have the Nav pkg in my 2010 and love it. I had external stuff in my 06. The built in is so much cleaner, I don't have stuff stuck all over the dash, no wiring to try and hide, etc.
The hard drive is cool, I don't have to carry around a cd case anymore, just rip and play. I also use the usb port and a memory stick for stuff that I may not listen to fequently.
To me the electronics pkg was worth it.
As for the seats, well that is your choice, personally, I would go with the casmire over the GB stripe, but I have plain black interior in mine which would be my first choice.
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eci
true but there is a another option. there are good in dash sytems with big screens for much cheaper too.
Old 4/28/10, 01:54 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
How many times do we have to tell you not to sugar coat your opinions, eci? C'mon, tell us how you really feel.

NP!

Seriously though man, I have used them ALL. The system in the 2010+ kills them. Flawless operation, perfect voice recognition via sync, total integration, much higher resolution, much larger, the works. Screw hacking up your center console to put in some aftermarket stuff.

Plus, nothing says "BREAK MY WINDOW" like an expensive aftermarket in dash GPS unit.

Last edited by eci; 4/28/10 at 01:59 PM.
Old 4/28/10, 01:55 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by trick25
true but there is a another option. there are good in dash sytems with big screens for much cheaper too.
They are just nav. THey aren't linked to the steering wheel controls, they aren't fully integrated with all other systems including climate, 911 assist, VHR, etc.
Old 4/28/10, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you don't get the electronics package, does the shaker 500 still have sync? Would I still be able to connect my iPod via USB?
Old 4/28/10, 01:59 PM
eci
Banned

If you have premium yes
Old 4/28/10, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

^I believe so.
Old 4/28/10, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

what does vhr stand for. long day. are you talking about a player?

steering wheel controls are a gimmick IMO. although ill give you the climate control is nice on the electronics package.
Old 4/28/10, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eci
If you have premium yes
Originally Posted by jokerstars
^I believe so.
That makes it tough. I am a gadget freak so I think it is right up my alley. But I rarely use NAV and when I do it works on my Blackberry just fine. Plus the new EVO from Sprint will have it on Android.
Old 4/28/10, 02:01 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by trick25
what does vhr stand for. long day. are you talking about a player?

steering wheel controls are a gimmick IMO. although ill give you the climate control is nice on the electronics package.
Steering wheel controls are the **** if you like having your hands on the wheel.

You guys need to remember, it is called the Electronics Package for a reason. It isn't just "nav". If it were they'd call it Navigation.

Last edited by eci; 4/28/10 at 02:03 PM.
Old 4/28/10, 02:02 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by RedWings
That makes it tough. I am a gadget freak so I think it is right up my alley. But I rarely use NAV and when I do it works on my Blackberry just fine. Plus the new EVO from Sprint will have it on Android.
Hm voice activated, always ready, high res 7" screen tied into audio system or a smartphone while driving....hmmm....

Quick Reply: Two items I'm still not decided on...