2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 GT Roush Valuation

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/16, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GT Roush Valuation

Hi. I ran across a 2008 GT Roush Conv with 14k miles on it. But, I have no idea about 2 things:

1. How do I determine current valuation of the car?
2. I am reading that Roush vs GT500's and Shelby's... Roush probably has the greatest continued depreciation. Doesn't appear they hold their value? I that the case?

Looking for help from the community so I make an informed decision or totally decide to look at something else.

Thanks!
Old 12/10/16, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
What kind of roush?
Old 12/11/16, 05:24 AM

Here it is... http://www.azautorv.com/2008_Ford_Mu...AZ_5779253.veh
Old 12/11/16, 09:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Roushes are very nice cars indeed. That said... it's a Mustang. They do not generally hold their value very well. You either want the car for your own reasons, or you don't.

If you're trying to invest in a car... this is not the car. If you're trying to mitigate losses... this is *definitely* not the car.

Further, the parts that Roushes need versus a regular GT cost more by and large, and come only from one place. Same with Shelbys.

You'd have better resale with a new Harley Davidson Street Glide at that price, honestly. Get one of those.

The truth is, at then end of the day... either you want it, or you don't. If you're already trying to rationalize the thing... perhaps you need to look elsewhere for something less iffy in your head.

For myself, as I'm not a multimillionare, I won't be buying anything that special. Parts wise, it's not gonna be pretty. I have a 'regular' GT because I want easy to get, fairly inexpensive parts for replacement. I can get parts for days on my car, and be back on the road in a day or two. Something wrong breaks on that Roush or a Shelby... might be a while, and I might not like the bill.

Just things I consider in the equation. Dunno if it helps.

It IS a pretty car. Good luck!

Last edited by houtex; 12/11/16 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12/11/16, 09:40 AM

Thanks guys. This is helpful. I am not a Mustang "enthusiast", but I do collect cars... those that catch my eye... and they are generally mid-60's era. This one did catch my eye, but I would be looking at $25K to buy it and that gave me pause... as I was reading about difficult initial valuations, and high rate of depreciation. I am not looking for "investments" per se, but I do expect my cars to at least hold their value while I am enjoying them... which isn't the case here. Happy Holidays!
Old 12/12/16, 06:39 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by brianmattson
Thanks guys. This is helpful. I am not a Mustang "enthusiast", but I do collect cars... those that catch my eye... and they are generally mid-60's era. This one did catch my eye, but I would be looking at $25K to buy it and that gave me pause... as I was reading about difficult initial valuations, and high rate of depreciation. I am not looking for "investments" per se, but I do expect my cars to at least hold their value while I am enjoying them... which isn't the case here. Happy Holidays!
If you are going to be adding significant mileage to that very low 14,000 miles car, the value will definitely go down over time. If you keep the mileage in the teens the value should not change much. Not sure what your plans are. If a garage queen 'show car', with just 500 miles added per year for the next 5 years, you should be fine.
Old 12/15/16, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
The listing won't fully load for me, so I can't tell if it is a "Real Roush" (meaning supercharged) but I suspect it is not; probably a Stage 2 which is some appearance and handling do-dads.

Value is probably about the same as a non-Roush GT with similar options / mileage / condition or maybe a little more.
Old 12/15/16, 01:53 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Roushes are very nice cars indeed. That said... it's a Mustang. They do not generally hold their value very well. You either want the car for your own reasons, or you don't.

If you're trying to invest in a car... this is not the car. If you're trying to mitigate losses... this is *definitely* not the car.
Further, the parts that Roushes need versus a regular GT cost more by and large, and come only from one place. Same with Shelbys.
I agree with everything posted with the exception of Roush and Shelby parts costing more over regular GT parts.. Although I agree that parts such as spoilers, ground effects, striping and interior (seats, panels ect ) have additional costs over a regular GT.. However when it comes to drive train and engine components, Roush and Shelby models come equipped with the very same parts from Ford Performance Group that you or anyone else for that matter can purchase when upgrading their regular Mustang GT..

DOB also has blower kits available for those who are on a budget that can start out in stages, building their own kits one step at a time.. In addition DOB offers the very same OEM parts in their kits that were included as original factory equipment for the Shelby GT500..

You'd have better resale with a new Harley Davidson Street Glide at that price, honestly. Get one of those.

The truth is, at then end of the day... either you want it, or you don't. If you're already trying to rationalize the thing... perhaps you need to look elsewhere for something less iffy in your head.
For myself, as I'm not a multimillionare, I won't be buying anything that special. Parts wise, it's not gonna be pretty. I have a 'regular' GT because I want easy to get, fairly inexpensive parts for replacement. I can get parts for days on my car, and be back on the road in a day or two. Something wrong breaks on that Roush or a Shelby... might be a while, and I might not like the bill.
Once again, not necessarily accurate lol.

Just things I consider in the equation. Dunno if it helps.

It IS a pretty car. Good luck!

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/15/16 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12/19/16, 05:17 AM

Bert, it is a Stage 3, supercharged. Any further thoughts?