GT

Mustang Newbie exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/15, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang Newbie exhaust questions

Whats up everyone, I just picked up the 2015 base GT 6spd. I've never done or changed any exhaust on any car I've had, and have little knowledge of exhaust systems. I just want to make my car sound a little meaner without doing too much after market work or voiding the warranty. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this while keeping the factory warranty safe? Thanks a lot!
Old 6/28/15, 05:32 PM
V6 Member

I'd just go with an axle back exhaust which is basically just new mufflers and exhaust tips. A couple of names to look into would be Roush, Corsa, Magnaflow, Flowmaster,etc. I know Roush has a factory warranty and I've never heard of anyone saying they didn't like their Roush exhaust.
Old 6/28/15, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am in the same boat, I just got a 2015 GT Premium with PP. I am looking to get the Roush AB exhaust and ford racing x-pipe from American muscle. I had the roush ab's on my 2013 mustang and absolutely loved them. you cant go wrong with that setup
Old 6/29/15, 11:36 AM

Thanks a lot for your responses, I really appreciate it! I'm going to probably go with the roush axle back...I just want to call ford first and make sure it doesn't void my factory warranty. I see that the axel back includes cutting the pipes, and I'm thinking that may void the warranty...I will let you guys know after I speak to Ford.
Old 6/29/15, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

For a little more $$, you can get the roush quad exhaust )
Old 6/29/15, 01:07 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by texasgtguy
For a little more $$, you can get the roush quad exhaust )
Don't you have to mod the valance for that?
Old 6/29/15, 01:38 PM

I have a 2015 GT and I changed just my axle backs. I got the roush axle backs and I love the sound. Honestly needs to be a little louder but the sound is just beautiful. As of warranty, I don't want to void mine either and the safest way to go I think is an axle back and an intake which I'm going to order an intake very very soon. Other than that i was told and done lots of research that a resonator delete does void some warranty depending on how your dealer feels with that and that a tune definitely voids your warranty. So for now I'm just going to have to deal with my axle backs and an intake with no tune. Hopefully this helps you with what you are looking for.
Old 6/29/15, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by gioinos
Thanks a lot for your responses, I really appreciate it! I'm going to probably go with the roush axle back...I just want to call ford first and make sure it doesn't void my factory warranty. I see that the axel back includes cutting the pipes, and I'm thinking that may void the warranty...I will let you guys know after I speak to Ford.
Also axle backs do not void warranty from what I know but you can still ask and I have never changed axle backs before in my life and i changed mine on my 2015, the easiest thing I've ever done on a car. Very easy installation.
Old 6/29/15, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by farsidejunky
Don't you have to mod the valance for that?
Yea, roush sells a replacement rear valance. Not very expensive though. I think the quad exhaust and valance will run me about 1200
Old 6/29/15, 08:52 PM

After doing research all day, the roush axle back sounds awesome and is the direction that I think i'm going to go. It does not void the warranty for anything other then the exhaust, which is fine with me. It's $550 and easy to install, I'm bringing it to Meineke for $100 installation. There's a video with sound clip and installation on cjs pony parts website showing the stock GT and roush exhaust...what a difference!
Old 6/29/15, 09:36 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Love my Roush axle backs! You can get them in both round or square tips. Square tips will require a new valance.
Old 7/1/15, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by gioinos
After doing research all day, the roush axle back sounds awesome and is the direction that I think i'm going to go. It does not void the warranty for anything other then the exhaust, which is fine with me. It's $550 and easy to install, I'm bringing it to Meineke for $100 installation. There's a video with sound clip and installation on cjs pony parts website showing the stock GT and roush exhaust...what a difference!
Great choice. You'll love them
Old 8/18/15, 06:26 PM
GT Member

I swapped in the GT500 mufflers on my 2013, and love the sound! I've received always positive comments on it also.

Would the Roush axle-backs provide a similar sound for the 2015+ models? My 2013 is being traded in for a 2016 GT Premium w/ performance package in about 5 weeks.
Old 8/19/15, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
before you make a move, my suggestion is to hit up local car meets n hear in person which you like the most.
Old 8/26/15, 12:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just installed the H-pipe from CJPony and kept the stock mufflers.
Only added a tiny bit more sound at idle, much better when you punch it.
Go to CJPony , click on the H-Pipe, and watch the video at the bottom.
Old 10/15/15, 10:41 AM
V6 Member

Does removing the resonator and replacing it with an H/X pipe void the warranty?

What exactly does the heavy restrictive resonator actually do?
Old 1/4/16, 10:53 PM

I'm in the same boat 2016 GT (Newbie) looking to upgrade my exhaust with the following Ford Racing By Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System 2-1/2" Sport Stainless Steel With 4" Black Tips. Will this void my warranty? And has anyone installed this upgrade?
_
V/R

New Pony owner.
Old 1/6/16, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by stewarts359
I'd just go with an axle back exhaust which is basically just new mufflers and exhaust tips. A couple of names to look into would be Roush, Corsa, Magnaflow, Flowmaster,etc. I know Roush has a factory warranty and I've never heard of anyone saying they didn't like their Roush exhaust.
I bought the Roush AB exhaust in late November, and will be having it installed in a week or so on my 2015 GT.

Last edited by mustang09girl; 1/6/16 at 04:15 PM.
Old 1/6/16, 07:47 PM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by oneeyedgiant
Does removing the resonator and replacing it with an H/X pipe void the warranty?

What exactly does the heavy restrictive resonator actually do?
Originally Posted by NSA64
I'm in the same boat 2016 GT (Newbie) looking to upgrade my exhaust with the following Ford Racing By Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System 2-1/2" Sport Stainless Steel With 4" Black Tips. Will this void my warranty? And has anyone installed this upgrade?
_
V/R

New Pony owner.
There are a lot of threads pointing to what voids warranty. You will most likely find that it will depend on your dealer. I can't say what will or will not void anything because I do not work for a dealer, however from the conversations I've had from my dealer (which we have a good relationship) they have told me in order for something to void warranty, if something were to go wrong, the parts installed have to be proven that they were the cause of the problem. Everyone will have their own opinion on the matter of course.

Last edited by CoyotePremium13; 1/6/16 at 07:49 PM.
Old 1/9/16, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a 2015-16 frpp sport axle back for sale in the for sale section. Check it out!

Quick Reply: Mustang Newbie exhaust questions