Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Don't start on Star Wars! Lol

(wookie growl)
Old 1/18/13, 10:50 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Goodbye.
I thought you were done with this thread?!?
Old 1/18/13, 11:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dayve
The Korea reference is fact dude, not me picking on a nation known world wide as a leading producer of knock offs. I never brought up Korean workers, you did. My dad went to Korea in the late 80's for 10 months, USAF assignment. He bought my mom fake designer purses, me fake shoes, some cool eel skin wallets, but it was all in fun because they were cheap and we knew they were not the real deal. They were fun, and maybe that is what clone cars are.

Dave
100% truth. I'm over here in Korea and **** is cheap. But its also fake as hell. lol
Old 1/19/13, 05:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealership where I bought my Boss had an LS clone pretty much from day one.
Old 1/19/13, 05:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think the reference to Star Wars Clones wasn't as well placed, since they were never as good as the original Mandalorian they were based off, and as stated earlier, some clones can actually be better then the original they are copying.
Old 1/19/13, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mustang Freak, I think my dad was at Pilson, or something like that. It was a radar base for the USAF. Do you like the food

Dave
Old 1/19/13, 01:26 PM
GT Member

No offense but who cares? I've seen "clones" as you described that would blow the doors off OEM and look 10 times better.

By the way, brands like Roush, Saleen, and Shinoda could be considered clones. They are all aftermarket examples of the of the original concept of the 1964 Mustang.

This thread is a stick of dynamite ready to be lit. Just enjoy Mustangs as they are. Leave the superficiality elsewhere.
Thank you. STOCK SUCKS. who does not know. It can always be improve true aftermarket.

Last edited by racksteris; 1/19/13 at 01:29 PM.
Old 1/19/13, 01:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
I think the reference to Star Wars Clones wasn't as well placed, since they were never as good as the original Mandalorian they were based off, and as stated earlier, some clones can actually be better then the original they are copying.
Kinda. Yes, The clone troopers would have been better modeled after a Maldalorian like Pre Visla. Jango Fett was a klutz compared to his son Boba and therefore the clone troopers inherited his DNA. Some later clones are better than the original.

Still, in conjunction with the Sith, the new Stormtroopers provided enough numbers and elite force groups to strengthen the galactic empire in a way that it could never be opposed.

Without the original clones as prototypes, this would never have been so.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 1/19/13 at 02:01 PM.
Old 1/19/13, 09:24 PM
GT Member

I really like the boss stripes and would like to get them. However ive been thinking about a way to use them without trying to make it exactly like the bosses. 1. I would go with the 2013 boss stripes because its more accurate on my 2013 gt historically ( rather than the c stripe style on the 2012) and 2. I either wouldn't put the 302 on the sides or i'd do some other text because i dont want to try and fool anyone. I look at it as a tribute unless someone deliberately intends to fake someone out. Then i think - well, thats what they like.

Last edited by 2013kAB; 1/19/13 at 09:26 PM.
Old 3/9/13, 11:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Saw a Boss clone today. Grabber Blue, had the GT faux gas cap, had Boss stripes but instead of saying Boss 302, it said Boss 4.6. It had silver rims, which I usually like. I think the black rims and Grabber blue just go so well together, the silver just did not look right.

Dave
Old 3/9/13, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think it would have been better stated that he has an issue with clones that profess to be the real thing. Kind of like rebadging a Mustang and pretending it is something it is not. My self I am against rebadging and clones that pretend to be the real thing. It taints the real thing in some cases. There are some sweet clones/tribute cars out there and they are presented as clones. There are cars with boss stripes without the boss and they are sweet. The thing is they do not profess to be the real thing. It may just be me but I do not like phony things.
Old 3/9/13, 11:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Without the Clones, we would not have the Stormtroopers.

Regardless of Vaders iron fist, Surely the galactic Empire would have fallen.
That hilarious
Old 3/9/13, 11:18 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Here's my clone lol jk y'all don't bust a nut. There are no badges portraying that I have something I don't. It just LOOKS fast haha
Attached Thumbnails Clones?-image-3785495087.jpg   Clones?-image-929636669.jpg  
Old 3/10/13, 01:39 PM
GT Member

I find this to be a very interesting subject because I sold a Factory Five Cobra and a real 70 cougar Eliminator before I bought the Boss. The cobra was an incredible car.I entered it in many car shows against original cars and very nice replicas almost always taking home first place hardware.At the track it was a real competitive piece.The attention the car got was amazing.I built it because I love the looks of the Cobra and its history. I have a little different opinion on clones. If the are done right to the right car I like it. Would I clone a new boss? No. Besides to truly replicate a current Boss would cost you more then just buying one. I do like how Ford has serial # these cars to tell for sure what it is.
Attached Thumbnails Clones?-dscn0803.jpg   Clones?-img_0027.jpg   Clones?-dscn0809.jpg  
Old 3/10/13, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the Cougar. I like the Cobra too, but to me, it is still a kit car of sorts.

Dave
Old 3/10/13, 08:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by maddog2
I find this to be a very interesting subject because I sold a Factory Five Cobra and a real 70 cougar Eliminator before I bought the Boss. The cobra was an incredible car.I entered it in many car shows against original cars and very nice replicas almost always taking home first place hardware.At the track it was a real competitive piece.The attention the car got was amazing.I built it because I love the looks of the Cobra and its history. I have a little different opinion on clones. If the are done right to the right car I like it. Would I clone a new boss? No. Besides to truly replicate a current Boss would cost you more then just buying one. I do like how Ford has serial # these cars to tell for sure what it is.
**** you, I want your old Cougar.
Old 3/10/13, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the same mentality. If you buy a GT/V6. Modify it to look like a Boss or GT500, then try and pass it off as such. Then you are in the wrong and your car should be crushed by a Rancor.

I have no problem with visual modifications to reflect your own personality. For example, I REALLY like the Boss C stripes on the 2012. I am debating whether I want to get them. Of course with "GT/CS" instead of "Boss 302".
Old 3/10/13, 09:25 PM
GT Member

Kinda. Yes, The clone troopers would have been better modeled after a Maldalorian like Pre Visla. Jango Fett was a klutz compared to his son Boba and therefore the clone troopers inherited his DNA. Some later clones are better than the original.

Still, in conjunction with the Sith, the new Stormtroopers provided enough numbers and elite force groups to strengthen the galactic empire in a way that it could never be opposed.

Without the original clones as prototypes, this would never have been so.
Boba Fett wasn't Jango's son, he was also a clone that didn't go through the rapid aging that was done to the rest of the clones. Boba was given to Jango as partial payment (it was one on Jango's demands). I've seen the Star Wars movies waaaaaay too many times.
Old 3/11/13, 07:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jaywoo

Boba Fett wasn't Jango's son, he was also a clone that didn't go through the rapid aging that was done to the rest of the clones. Boba was given to Jango as partial payment (it was one on Jango's demands). I've seen the Star Wars movies waaaaaay too many times.
Is there such a thing as too many times for Star Wars? The only problem with Star Wars is I'm still trying to convince my 6 year old that Lego Star Wars is not the basis for a series of live action movies.
Old 3/11/13, 08:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ibnzmonkey
I have the same mentality. If you buy a GT/V6. Modify it to look like a Boss or GT500, then try and pass it off as such. Then you are in the wrong and your car should be crushed by a Rancor.

I have no problem with visual modifications to reflect your own personality. For example, I REALLY like the Boss C stripes on the 2012. I am debating whether I want to get them. Of course with "GT/CS" instead of "Boss 302".
Exactly what I did for my sixer. I love the Boss C stripes and wanted that for my sixer but not trying to pose my ride as a boss.
Attached Thumbnails Clones?-image-2134003097.jpg   Clones?-image-3154966538.jpg   Clones?-image-2741542408.jpg  

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 3/11/13 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Clones?