2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Sync refit

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/11, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Sync refit

http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ide...ence/boss-302/

If you are interested, please click on the above and support. Ford seems, in my opinion, very interested in customer service, and if enough of us ask, I'm sure that they will work to make this possible.

Thanks everyone.
Old 9/1/11, 08:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson

If you are interested, please click on the above and support. Ford seems, in my opinion, very interested in customer service, and if enough of us ask, I'm sure that they will work to make this possible.
Thanks everyone.
Dean, Thanks for starting this thread on being able to go to the Ford's website and vote on the factory offering a SYNC retrofit for 2012 Boss 302's so we can be handsfree, legal and safer on our cellphones.
Driver distraction laws are gaining momentium everywhere, and from a simple safety point of view and it makes perfect sense to have the ability to put Sync in our new Boss's if we want to do so.
I hope all 2012 Boss owners will consider going to this webite, taking a moment to register and voting in favor of Ford providing this retrofit opportuinty to all us Boss owners.
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 9/2/11, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks jouster, I was starting to think nobody else cared!
Old 9/2/11, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

I won't use SYNC, but I can appreciate that there are some Boss owners who will. It certainly won't hurt me if it's offered as an option to those who do want it so I'm happy to vote so you can get it. Unfortunately, I just tried to vote and every time I click on the thumbs up, it logs me out and won't take my vote. Maybe it's some wonky setting on my work computer - I'll try again this weekend from home.
Old 9/2/11, 09:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just seen this thread, I actually posted in another thread that if I could get it installed into my 2012 Boss, I would jump on the idea immediately..
Yes I tried but Its kinda of a pain , I would need to register.I was hoping it was just hit a thumbs up.

Last edited by UnrealFord; 9/2/11 at 09:52 AM.
Old 9/2/11, 10:39 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Originally Posted by dean_acheson

Thanks everyone.
Originally Posted by Mach1mania
Just seen this thread, I actually posted in another thread that if I could get it installed into my 2012 Boss, I would jump on the idea immediately..
Yes I tried but Its kinda of a pain , I would need to register.I was hoping it was just hit a thumbs up.
This is definitely a popular topic! I just posted The Ford Story link in another thread. Sounds like the word is spreading!

~Jaclyn
Old 9/2/11, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I would be happy to cast my vote but I don't have a Facebook acct. nor do I want one. Are there any other options?
Old 9/2/11, 10:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by orng302
I would be happy to cast my vote but I don't have a Facebook acct. nor do I want one. Are there any other options?
Well it sounds like the Sync idea has some good interest and customer support. but the snag is the darn Ford website won't let you vote unless you register first.
I resisted that on the first pass, but can see Fords need to control who's voting on their site. I also realized that voting in favor of a Sync retrofit was more important than not registering on the website.
So I did, .... it was quick and painless and I don't expect Ford to abuse my name in the least. I got to vote for Sync being made available and I hope some other benefits of being a member of the Ford website are passed along from time to time that will of interest to me.
....Come to think of it, I'm rather delighted that there's a manufacturer out there that's willing to listen to it's customers, so maybe that's one of thew benefitsd of registering right there!
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 9/3/11, 06:51 AM
Cobra R Member

I also registered , took about a minute, if we can get a easy refit for ours it will be definitely worth it..
Old 9/5/11, 09:03 PM
V6 Member

Funny how so many are jumping on the Sync bandwagon. When the Boss was released, I was lamblasted for calling it a mistake for Ford not to at least offer it (And a decent Stereo) as options.
Old 9/6/11, 04:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I couldn't care less about Sync or Bluetooth, my Iphone and a decent earpiece work just as well. Here's what I want to see changed and offered as a retrofit. Move the useless cup holders . That's it, otherwise I'm happy.
Old 9/6/11, 04:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cocojoe53
Funny how so many are jumping on the Sync bandwagon. When the Boss was released, I was lamblasted for calling it a mistake for Ford not to at least offer it (And a decent Stereo) as options.
...... and you were RIGHT! ....... but just a little ahead of your time!
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 9/6/11, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cocojoe53
I thought the boss was a race car, hmmm rethink.
Old 9/6/11, 05:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys wanted a back up camera too? maybe an automatic transmission? lol
Old 9/6/11, 05:36 PM
Cobra R Member

I'd like it for safety reasons, many road trips planned , most tracks are hrs away, having it while traveling would be nice,
Automatic tranny comment, LMAO, now that IS funny..
Old 9/6/11, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
You guys wanted a back up camera too? maybe an automatic transmission? lol
Hey,
I'm driving my Boss back and forth to work, not to the track, and everyday I have to back up against a Red Brick wall at the office.
Everyday I stop wayyyy before the Brick wall, and leave at least 2 feet of space.
But in my mirror that wall is 2" away!
So, .... would I like a back-up camera in the Boss??? YOU BET!!!
Cheers,
Jouster
Old 9/6/11, 06:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I thought the boss was a race car, hmmm rethink.
I detect some Boss envy.
Old 9/7/11, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
I'd like it for safety reasons, many road trips planned , most tracks are hrs away, having it while traveling would be nice,
Automatic tranny comment, LMAO, now that IS funny..
Same here. Daily driver, and would like this feature, since it works so well in my wife's truck.

I don't think that this is going to make it "not a race car," esp. since it's going to be in next year's model.
Old 9/7/11, 12:36 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Originally Posted by orng302
What?! No Facebook, in this day and age. LOL, just kidding

You can vote without having a Facebook account, just click on Register. All you need is a valid email address.

Let me know if you have any questions.
~Jaclyn
Old 9/7/11, 03:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
What?! No Facebook, in this day and age. LOL, just kidding

You can vote without having a Facebook account, just click on Register. All you need is a valid email address.

Let me know if you have any questions.
~Jaclyn
Thank you Jaclyn for visiting this site and helping move the possibility of a Sync retrofit along.
Cheers,
Jouster

Quick Reply: 2012 Sync refit