2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

No V6 premium?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/14, 03:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sometimes, I think the Ford product planners don't get it. Let the market dictate what sells well. If people want a V6 with the Premium package, give it to them. It is better to get a sale than to have a customer go to the competition for a car. It should cost no more for Ford to put a Premium package into a V6 than another Mustang.
Old 9/9/14, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Sometimes, I think the Ford product planners don't get it. Let the market dictate what sells well. If people want a V6 with the Premium package, give it to them. It is better to get a sale than to have a customer go to the competition for a car. It should cost no more for Ford to put a Premium package into a V6 than another Mustang.
It's more complicated than that. I'm convinced they can't afford the hit to their CAFE numbers that would result from V6 sales over Ecoboost.
Old 9/14/14, 09:05 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ford already lost a sale over this - mine. I was planning on ordering a 2015 premium, heated leather is high on my list of "must haves". I do not need and can't afford the V8 and don't want the Ecoboost. Plus, the additional cost of the Ecoboost pushed it beyond my budget.
I instead found a slightly used V6 Premium with the electronics and comfort package which came in well below budget. I am quite happy with my smooth, powerful and thrifty V6.
Old 9/15/14, 05:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by backin15
Ford already lost a sale over this - mine. I was planning on ordering a 2015 premium, heated leather is high on my list of "must haves". I do not need and can't afford the V8 and don't want the Ecoboost. Plus, the additional cost of the Ecoboost pushed it beyond my budget.
I instead found a slightly used V6 Premium with the electronics and comfort package which came in well below budget. I am quite happy with my smooth, powerful and thrifty V6.
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride!
Old 9/15/14, 05:50 PM
GT Member

Thanks!
Old 9/15/14, 06:29 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
I agree, why deny that market. I don't see how this costs them money.

Dave

Agreed

Originally Posted by Critical Mass
Because they really want people to buy the ecoboost option over the V6.

Its to bad they want to railroad people into the EcoBoost car. Given the choice between the two, I'd a take a sixxer over the EcoBoost especially with the problems they are having with the DI cars.

I wonder if there is some serious concern about the take rate on the EcoBoost Mustang if the sixxer could be had with the same trim levels?
Old 9/16/14, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sucks, ecoboost engines are ****. Drove a few in the escape, lagged a lot off the line. I hated it
Old 9/16/14, 05:58 PM
OX1

Originally Posted by Rando
Sucks, ecoboost engines are ****. Drove a few in the escape, lagged a lot off the line. I hated it
We have the 2.0 escape and for a turbo, there is very little lag unless you practially floor it. Then there is enough lag to easily make the GT worth it.

The V6 with the 2.73's was an absolute dog to 15 MPH and the 2.0 escape would **** all over it across an intersection (after that the stang would kill it).
Old 9/16/14, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OX1
The V6 with the 2.73's was an absolute dog to 15 MPH and the 2.0 escape would **** all over it across an intersection (after that the stang would kill it).
My F-150 has the 3.7L with 3.73 limited slip axle. It's not a dog off the line by any means. I took it to the drag strip and it ran consistent 15.40's stock. That's not bad for a 4,800lb F-150 with the base V6 engine. I'm old enough to remember when that was Mustang GT territory.

Enough with the highway gears already. Give the V6 Mustang a 3.73 limited slip and let loose the hogs of war.
Old 9/19/14, 10:07 AM
GT Member

I decided to build a 2015 online and see how the sticker would compare to my V6 Premium. The packages have changed a lot and I did not figure in the HD radio as it bumped the car into another pricey package. I was amused to see the spare tire as an option again and disappointed to see you cannot get the Ruby Red with the Saddle interior. I get a ton of compliments on my color combo and is the main reason I chose this car. I got the options as close as possible and the 2015 came to $34,860 and the sticker on mine was $33,265. Not as bad as I thought it would be especially if you consider 2 years of inflation. Still a considerable bump though.
Since the V6 is not available I would prefer the V8 (who wouldn't!) which came to $39,310.
Old 9/19/14, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hard decisions have to be made regardless if they make sense or not. It's hard to please the world with an iconic car like the mustang

It's too bad. oh well. people adapt, really.... If I really wanted a 15 mustang yet didn't like the options from the V6 lineup but really wanted one, I would find a happy medium, we always do.
Old 9/21/14, 01:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Even without the options I think I would get the V6 over the eco simply as to not have the eco EB fake engine noise!
Old 9/21/14, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

I think the problem would be that there would be less takers of the Ecoboost 4 if the V6 could be had in a premium version. The price would be less, and I don't think anyone would opt for the 4 if it was only worth a mile or 2 more and cost over a grand more.
Old 9/21/14, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

The eco-boost 4 is going to be a hard sell to older folks (40 and above) me included. I'm not even going to list the reasons why!! It's that obvious!!!
Old 9/21/14, 09:47 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Hard decisions have to be made regardless if they make sense or not. It's hard to please the world with an iconic car like the mustang

Hard decision or are they just trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Ford's attempt at marketing the EB Mustang is clumsy and blunt. Well actually its not marketing at all, its just rail-roading.
Old 9/21/14, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rodsmustang
The eco-boost 4 is going to be a hard sell to older folks (40 and above) me included. I'm not even going to list the reasons why!! It's that obvious!!!
I'm 44 and looking forward to getting my Ecoboost Premium.. Had two V8 mustangs in my life.. Looking forward to this new engine and this car!
Old 9/22/14, 03:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stam616
I'm 44 and looking forward to getting my Ecoboost Premium.. Had two V8 mustangs in my life.. Looking forward to this new engine and this car!

It's your money, spend it the way you want to. The 2015 is a good choice, I know you'll enjoy it. My concern about the eco boost is the price for what you get, the efficiency( premium fuel), the fuel economy, the power delivery and the maintenance. I'm personally not a eco-boost fan but I do like the new mustang and can't wait to see one in person.

Last edited by Rodsmustang; 9/22/14 at 03:39 AM.
Old 9/22/14, 05:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rodsmustang
It's your money, spend it the way you want to. The 2015 is a good choice, I know you'll enjoy it. My concern about the eco boost is the price for what you get, the efficiency( premium fuel), the fuel economy, the power delivery and the maintenance. I'm personally not a eco-boost fan but I do like the new mustang and can't wait to see one in person.
Well of course it's my opinion about getting the Ecoboost for myself, I'm not saying that you should too, it is the individual's choice. But as far as the price , I man yes you get more than just an engine for your money especially in premium guise. Premium fuel is not an issue. The car will run on regular unleaded without issues as I've been running my fusion for over a year with no loss in performance in real world driving. I don't race around as much anymore so I am sure the car will have more than enough power for me. I just don't think that we should group people into categories. Im 44 and fine with the Ecoboost. My Dad's 76 and he may get one too ( he had an 85 GT). In all honesty if they came out with a performance hybrid version of the car at a reasonable price I would consider it. I don't look to the past all the time, I like to think 100 years from now there will still be a Mustang sitting in showrooms or wherever they sell cars then lol. In order for that to happen we should embrace new ideas and change. If the formula is still there, power, performance, style at a reasonable price.. Then what's it matter??
Old 9/22/14, 06:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
Even without the options I think I would get the V6 over the eco simply as to not have the eco EB fake engine noise!
I'm unaware of any fake engine noise. BMW plays an engine soundtrack over the car's speakers in their M division cars. Now that's fake engine noise. But the noises made by all the Ecoboost engines are made by the engine. That by definition makes them real.

Now Ford has designed a way for the engine noise to make it's way in to the cabin while keeping other noise out, but that doesn't make it fake. And the Ecoboost will have active noise cancellation to drown out the undesirable noises, but that still doesn't make it fake.

So I'm curious as to what fake noise you are referring?
Old 9/22/14, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Smile

Originally Posted by stam616
Well of course it's my opinion about getting the Ecoboost for myself, I'm not saying that you should too, it is the individual's choice. But as far as the price , I man yes you get more than just an engine for your money especially in premium guise. Premium fuel is not an issue. The car will run on regular unleaded without issues as I've been running my fusion for over a year with no loss in performance in real world driving. I don't race around as much anymore so I am sure the car will have more than enough power for me. I just don't think that we should group people into categories. Im 44 and fine with the Ecoboost. My Dad's 76 and he may get one too ( he had an 85 GT). In all honesty if they came out with a performance hybrid version of the car at a reasonable price I would consider it. I don't look to the past all the time, I like to think 100 years from now there will still be a Mustang sitting in showrooms or wherever they sell cars then lol. In order for that to happen we should embrace new ideas and change. If the formula is still there, power, performance, style at a reasonable price.. Then what's it matter??

See I wouldn't have purchased the fusion either with the eco-boost 4. I think people especially older people prefer a v6 to a turbo 4. A lot of manufactures are sticking with the six as well. Now the 2.7 eco boost 6 would have been a much better choice for the mustang. At least you pay for what you get. Your going to spend roughly 35,000 for a premium eco boost 4. Do you really think that's worth it. Your going to be at basically the same performance numbers as my car and the fuel economy won't be much better either for much more money. Moreover the redline on the eco-boost comes up much quicker, it's like 5300 rpm. You might as well just get the v8 and be done with it. Oh, and by the way if you don't use premium fuel I might just spank you to 60, and yes you will go for it.

Quick Reply: No V6 premium?