Project Twice Bitten First built by SVT, now rebuilt by SVP!

TMS Fox Project car!!! Project Twice Bitten!

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/07, 07:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Paul,
Great choice on the hood. I've had 2 hoods by HOFibertrends and been completely satisfied with them both. Had (I believe it was) a 2 1/2" on an '89 LX and the 'R' hood on a '98 Cobra. These guys do great work, so much so that Ford uses them, and they're easy to deal with. I'll definitely use them again when it's time for a hood for the 'vert. Do me a favor and when you're ready to buy tell them I said Hi.

Skip Hamer

Last edited by Redbaron93; 11/12/08 at 07:20 AM.
Old 4/24/07, 07:41 AM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
Yes, I've dealt with Dave there for a while now. He makes a stock reproduction SVO hood as well which is a nice piece. His emphasis is on light weight and quality. I've installed a lot of fiberglass hoods over the years and been happiest with his.
Old 4/24/07, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd forgotten their names, been close to 10 years since I bought the 'R' hood at Bowling Green. They took care of me, said they would go home to their shop and find their best hood and ship it out for me.That's service. Funny story, I remember when they first got started, the came to Bristol for the Fun Ford race. I got to talking to them and they told me they were working out of their parents' barn. Bought the hood for the LX not long after that. Man have they come a long way.
Old 4/24/07, 05:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
It varies by hood....I weighed 2 SN95 hoods once and there was a 9lb difference. The center of the HO hood is not finished but when painted and then sprayed with a semi gloss black you get the impression of a nice, neat hood pad. Cervini has more layers underneath to finish it smooth making it more for appearance and less function of weight savings. My pet peeve though with the Cervini hood is the embossed name underneath and if you try to remove it you go through the layer creating a lot of work. Unless you are paying me to advertise, don't force it on me is my opinion. Another issue that I think they may have changed by now was the latch design on the Cervini hoods....I've heard of more than 30 of their hoods over the years fly up as a result.....I haven't heard of any recently which leads me to believe they may have finally changed this.
I don't mind the Cervini's name on there (it can prove to people you have quality stuff), but I understand how some people don't like to advertise, BBK is another company that plasters their name everywhere. I went with Cervini's because I read at multiple forums that you don't have to worry about fit and finish with them, and the body shop told me it was the best quality fiberglass piece they ever painted. I had hood pins installed at the same time so I don't have to worry about the hood flying up, but I read that you should always use hood pins with fiberglass hoods
Old 4/24/07, 06:08 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by Valentino
I don't mind the Cervini's name on there (it can prove to people you have quality stuff), but I understand how some people don't like to advertise, BBK is another company that plasters their name everywhere. I went with Cervini's because I read at multiple forums that you don't have to worry about fit and finish with them, and the body shop told me it was the best quality fiberglass piece they ever painted. I had hood pins installed at the same time so I don't have to worry about the hood flying up, but I read that you should always use hood pins with fiberglass hoods
Well, for me in the past the name signified a lack of quality in the poor latch design but like I said, that may have changed by now since I don't hear about them flying up like I used to. Pins are not always necessary with fiberglass hoods...after all, the production Mustangs hoods from 94-04 were fiberglass and I don't like the pin look unless it is a race car. The HO stuff has always had great fit and finish but they don't finish the underside in the center due to the added weight and some people have to have that for the look. I've seen garbage hoods and I've seen good. Cervinis has had good fit and finish but the latch area concerned/concerns me and other than the embossed name I don't have a problem with the hoods. I have used their ground effects and rear cover for a customers car and the longevity wasn't there...the side skirts cracked almost like they dried out over the period of a year...that could have been isolated or not, I don't know.
Old 5/1/07, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

When will we see the first "Twice Bitten" update?
Old 5/2/07, 09:01 AM
Service Manager

Hopefully soon but we have been buried with show season preperations by customers so it's slowed down while we catch up on those. I'll get some more posted soon though...
Old 5/2/07, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by svopaul
Hopefully soon but we have been buried with show season preperations by customers so it's slowed down while we catch up on those. I'll get some more posted soon though...

Yeah, that time of year again. In the same boat myself, trying to get ready, so I know where your coming from. There just does'nt seem to be enough days in a month anymore.
Old 5/22/07, 07:32 PM
GT Member

you guys should have bought mine...its still under 11k Miles now
Old 5/23/07, 08:03 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 93cobrastang
you guys should have bought mine...its still under 11k Miles now
That would be nice but with under 11K miles I wouldn't modify it to this level.
Old 5/23/07, 04:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's been two months...where's the beef?

Old 5/23/07, 05:16 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 390 4spd
It's been two months...where's the beef?

I'm waiting on Brad....but other than that I went ahead and picked up some steel, we are going to make our own jacking rails and bracing...pics hopefully in a couple weeks. We have a '69 fastback that we are about to paint that has taken up a lot of time lately...I'll post pics of that in the early model section .
Old 7/27/07, 04:09 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Any updates?
Old 7/27/07, 04:11 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
+1!!!!
Old 7/27/07, 04:24 PM
Service Manager

Yes...sort of....we are working with some people planning some cool additions. Mans-Motorsports will be working with us on the necessary synthetic fluids we will be using....We will be working with Baer Brakes for the stopping power....Dynamat will be working with us for our NVH needs and we have some others we are contacting while planning the powerplant and other areas of the project.

I'll get more info to you guys as I can. We are fabricating our own chassis stiffening components and just need to get going on that and then it will head into the paint booth....
Old 7/27/07, 06:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool!

Glad to see its chuggin along.
Old 7/27/07, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys,
I got the priviledge of visiting Paul's shop the first week of July and I can verify that the guy is SWAMPED!!! He had more projects going on than I could count!! It is great to hear that he's making any progress on this car!!!
Old 9/10/07, 08:36 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Any More Pics??? Or News???
Thanks In Advance!!!
Old 9/12/07, 10:49 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by ARF
Any More Pics??? Or News???
Thanks In Advance!!!
Actually yes....I will have some more pics on Friday. We have decided to Soda blast the bottom of the car which will take place on Friday. This just makes life a lot easier with how we want to refinish the bottom of the car and it will wipe out some of the small surface rust areas that are located under the back of the chassis.
Old 9/13/07, 10:59 PM
V6 Member

still can't believe you got rid of all of the Marks, Paul.
anyways, this one is lookin like it should turn out pretty nicely. Glad to see Zoltan is still doin his thing

Quick Reply: TMS Fox Project car!!! Project Twice Bitten!