Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/14, 04:44 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
The only reason they put the tires under the car was so they could get their jack out.
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^

Sad to see this
Old 9/29/14, 04:51 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
I hate seeing stuff like this. Sorry about your car. A buddy of mine had his two front rims stolen in hi driveway a few years ago. It was a Honda Fit. The only plus was the thieves were careful and did no damage.

This reminds me to get those locking lugs on my car.

Anyway I hope that you get your back in tip top shape ASAP. Good luck.
Old 9/29/14, 07:20 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552

THis happened in a mother****ing controlled access garage in my apartment building between 8:30 PM last night and 3:00 PM today.

What I can see is the wheels/tires/lugnuts are missing, the car is on brake rotors, suspension appears to be on the ground, side skirt is smashed completely, rear bumper is smashed, exhaust looks ****ed up.

I've now been waiting THREE ****ING HOURS for the police to come take a report. I've called three times and watched four of them drive past my building.

i will ****ing murder the person who did this if i find them. what i know is it's some ********** who lives IN THIS BUILDING. three months ago (three months after I got the car) we had a rash of break-ins in our garage, nobody got caught since they only have two lousy *** cameras on the garage door and on the pedestrian entrance door on the other end of the garage. luckily my car and my wife's car were not victimized in that string of break ins, then everything was quiet for several months, until this today. management didn't do ****ing **** after the last rash of break ins, no new cameras, no ****ing nothing so I'm not going to find out who did this. it IS someone in the building though because the garage is controlled access.
That really sucks... Some wanted some quick drug money. Look for someone in the building who owns a truck. Hopefully he is dumb enough to still have them in his apartment and someone will see him walk out with them. I would post a sign at the front door and maybe if your lucky someone in the building who doesn't like this dude will let you who has them ...

Last edited by Speedwagon; 9/29/14 at 07:26 AM.
Old 9/29/14, 07:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sucks to read about your experience. I know that people WILL find a way to take what they want if they really want it and wheel locks will not stop them. but then again, that's the whole point to trying to add security, it will deter them from wanting to try to steal it. Get some wheel locks. I know that I had a wheel lock nut broke on me and it too me nearly an hour to heat the nut and manually unscrew it... hopefully, the next time someone looks at your car with the added security, it will deter them and move on.

I hope that because your car was in a 'secured' environment. your building corporation will either add move surveillance OR will try to figure out a way to have this covered for you.
Old 9/29/14, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

The car is currently at the body shop, I went there when they opened and talked to the guy for 45 minutes or so and feel pretty good about where I took it as far as how they will handle the repair and them not trying to rush me out the door, etc.

Have a rental car on the way to my place to be dropped off, then have to deal with the leasing office and insurance company, the latter of which should be calling me shortly as they open in 10 minutes.
Old 9/29/14, 07:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
They stole the Factory Brembo Package Wheels or aftermarket?
Old 9/29/14, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

If they only managed to get the one side on you.... who's to say that they won't try it again? protect your investment. Do what you can to deter them. Get some lock nuts. Get good ones.
Old 9/29/14, 07:56 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
It's sad stories like this that me me feel lucky to have a garage.

When I was researching my Mustang in May, I knew that I had to do something about my garage. It was a mess, no rhyme or reason. It's small but I wanted all my stuff and still put a Mustang in it. It would have been like trying to fill a 5 gallon bucket with 6 gallons of sh*t.

I had to steal inches, rob Peter to pay Paul in terms of moving stuff around, got creative with storage, and tossed out not as much as I thought I would have to.

Where there's a will, there's a way, and my Mustang gets garaged every single night.
Old 9/29/14, 08:02 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
If they only managed to get the one side on you.... who's to say that they won't try it again? protect your investment. Do what you can to deter them. Get some lock nuts. Get good ones.
Locking lugs will very briefly slow down a thief for a few seconds. I have a tool that will take locking lugs off within seconds with my cordless impact. I am also betting the thieves got spooked or else they would have taken the other 2.
Old 9/29/14, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by scott9050
Locking lugs will very briefly slow down a thief for a few seconds. I have a tool that will take locking lugs off within seconds with my cordless impact. I am also betting the thieves got spooked or else they would have taken the other 2.

I hear what you're saying. but still, I would happily pay $60 knowing that it will slow them down for even a few seconds.
Old 9/29/14, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
First, let me say: Holy. Crap....I am so sorry, man.
It's a personal violation of something that you love and put your hard earned money into...it's cruel and instulting and you have every right in the world to be raging mad...and I'm certain thta almost everyone here feels your pain.

That said:

Originally Posted by houtex
No you won't. It's a car. I fully understand, but let's be clear here. If you even come *close* to finding them... you will be outnumbered, outgunned, and quite the dead human for even trying.

I know you're mad. But be a little on the reasonable side about the situation. Pros got your wheels. In and out quick, a crew did this. You don't want to find them. Accept your loss, and DO NOT buy from anywhere but new, so as to not support the ********.

Secondly, you get full retail OEM pricing on the wheels and tires for the insurance. Get a check, and get some new wheels and tires. Get some upgrades even! Same with the exhaust. And the aprons too. I mean, it's going to be the same price, might as well mod it like you want. Ford doesn't charge pennies, they charge dollars. Dollars that mean after the settlement of what's going to be replaced, you can pick what goes on the car. I say it's a score opportunity.

That is... assuming you had full coverage. You do, right? Right. Get it towed in, and get the rental for now. Yeah, deductible sucks, but...

So overall? Calm down. Untwist the panties. It's just *stuff*. You could have come across the crew and be *dead*, man. Life isn't that bad. This is just a speed bump. It'll be ok. And soon, you'll have the car back better than ever.

Be sure to get some seriously awesome locks too. If you park in a place with access... it'll happen again.

Also, maybe convince them you need a camera there, and rig up a dropcam.

But you do not want to go after the ********, nor get deadened.

Sorry man. That sucks they did that though.

---

re: cops... just take pictures, and then go to the substation and file the report. Cops have other things that are higher priority than an already commited, cold case such as this. As such, you'll be waiting a loooong time. Good luck if you decide to wait. I'd get a friend and go file the report, myself. And call the insurance, of course.

Hope that all gets resolved quick for ya, man.

/Having a car stolen by knifepoint with backup will change your perspective on a car. It's just a car. Awesome *is* my baby, but... she's still just a car, sorry.

^This. I think that houtex has the right perspective and good advice. Listen to this guy.
Old 9/29/14, 08:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Lastly,
I wouldn't sweat the damage to the body. Make sure that it's cosmetically sound and that you're made whole for any scrapes or dents.

Otherwise, the car will be almost certainly be completely fine.

...and you have one badass looking car so get your new wheels and start enjoying it again.
Old 9/29/14, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

These were the factory wheels they took, I mean come on WTF.

I am having the body shop add OEM locking nuts from the reverse sensing/security package.

The lady who parks next to me works at the leasing office and she said the car was fine at noon yesterday - someone actually did this between 12-3 PM on a sunday afternoon, wtf??
Old 9/29/14, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
The only reason they put the tires under the car was so they could get their jack out.

Exactly
Old 9/29/14, 08:58 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear of this. That must have been a horrible feeling finding your car that way. I hope you can get everything fixed soon.

On your new wheels, you might want to look into the Gorilla Guard wheel locks. These are hardcore. They have a recessed outer spline drive surrounded by a free spinning outer collar. I don't know if even a lock removal tool can get them off.

Old 9/29/14, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by NacsMXer
I'm very sorry to hear of this. That must have been a horrible feeling finding your car that way. I hope you can get everything fixed soon. On your new wheels, you might want to look into the Gorilla Guard wheel locks. These are hardcore. They have a recessed outer spline drive surrounded by a free spinning outer collar. I don't know if even a lock removal tool can get them off.
I've used those before. They work well. Just don't lose your lock key...ask me how I know

This is part of the reason I love being lowered. Most thieves don't carry a slimline jack. My regular jack just barely clears the car. Also, I park in our back courtyard, between our guest house and the main house, so anyone who would be foolish enough to try to take anything out of our yard during the night, will be cordially introduced to Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.
Old 9/29/14, 09:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just few days back, our bikes were stolen from my apartment.. i was feeling sad how this world has turned up.. bikes were not even worth stealing. just walmart stuff and almost 3 yrs old... guess these days they do these stuff just for the fun.
Old 9/29/14, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to see this. Parking garages are never as safe as you think. My buddy had this happen to his Mercedes C300 with the AMG wheels. Complex security cameras got the whole thing on video, but it was basically useless. Thieves pulled up in a white van, parked between the camera and car. Got out fully covered, including their heads. Disappeared behind the van and within 10 minutes they were driving away with the car up on blocks. Even with modern security, it is still far to easy for the pros....Hope everything goes smoothly with the repairs
Old 9/29/14, 12:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Holy **** puma, that sux. I know you want to de-nut the bastard's, but they aren't worth going to jail over. Keep a check at the local tire/wheel shops to see if they bought any recently. If so, they may have given their info, and can be traced. It's been my experience most of these asshats steal wheels to sell them for drugs. Good luck.
Old 9/29/14, 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
These were the factory wheels they took, I mean come on WTF. The lady who parks next to me works at the leasing office and she said the car was fine at noon yesterday - someone actually did this between 12-3 PM on a sunday afternoon, wtf??

Neither thing surprises me, they can sell the wheels as factory take offs and draw less attention. And doing it in the middle of the day is ballsy but again draws less attention. If it's true that's when they did it then I'd start asking your neighbors if they saw anything. Maybe someone saw it happening but didn't know whose car it was and thought the perps owned it? Who knows.

BTW that really sucks, sorry man. Keep your chin up though.

Quick Reply: WHEELS STOLEN OFF CAR