Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Tight Supply of Mustangs now?

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/12, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tight Supply of Mustangs now?

I have been waiting almost 4 weeks for a VIN for my 2013 GT prem and still nothing. Others have said they have been waiting longer now than people were just a few weeks ago.

Today I went to my local Ford dealer to get a car inspected and I was talking to the service manager. (He bought the first 5.0 2013 Mustang they got in, in DIB.) He was telling me that the 5.0 Mustang supply is very tight right now and he doesn't know why. I also overheard while I was there a salesman trying to trade inventory with another dealer trying to get a Mustang.

Just my luck, I go and order my first car in 34 years and there is a sudden lack of supply... 8-(

Joe C.
Old 7/5/12, 02:55 PM
Banned

Hmmm I ordered my grabber gt premium vert on 6/18 and had a vin in 10 days... Eta is 7/26
Old 7/5/12, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
I have been waiting almost 4 weeks for a VIN for my 2013 GT prem and still nothing. Others have said they have been waiting longer now than people were just a few weeks ago.

Today I went to my local Ford dealer to get a car inspected and I was talking to the service manager. (He bought the first 5.0 2013 Mustang they got in, in DIB.) He was telling me that the 5.0 Mustang supply is very tight right now and he doesn't know why. I also overheard while I was there a salesman trying to trade inventory with another dealer trying to get a Mustang.

Just my luck, I go and order my first car in 34 years and there is a sudden lack of supply... 8-(

Joe C.
Don't believe everything you hear. The cars are built and shipped in 6 to 8 weeks on V6's and GT. Longer wait for the Boss and GT500 from what I can see. I can't see how they can be short supply on cars not built in the 1st place unless there was a shortage of parts not cars.
Old 7/5/12, 04:53 PM

Ordered my GT Premium on 6/11, and nothing yet. I was told by Deysha nothing this week, maybe next week. Some on here have received a car in 5 - 6 weeks, but my dealer said 8 - 10 weeks. Most do not list what priority the dealer assigned to their order, and I don't really know how much of an impact that number really has. Mine was assigned a "19"?
Old 7/5/12, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fasrnu
Ordered my GT Premium on 6/11, and nothing yet. I was told by Deysha nothing this week, maybe next week. Some on here have received a car in 5 - 6 weeks, but my dealer said 8 - 10 weeks. Most do not list what priority the dealer assigned to their order, and I don't really know how much of an impact that number really has. Mine was assigned a "19"?
I ordered mine 6/8 and is priority 11. The best we can get I believe is a 10. Mine is 11 which I assume means there is one person ahead of me. Maybe your 19 means there are 9 people ahead of you and with allocations, that may translate to a long wait. But I don't know. I hope both of us gets some good news soon...

Joe C
Old 7/5/12, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered mine 6/8 and is priority 11. The best we can get I believe is a 10. Mine is 11 which I assume means there is one person ahead of me. Maybe your 19 means there are 9 people ahead of you and with allocations, that may translate to a long wait. But I don't know. I hope both of us gets some good news soon...

Joe C
19 is a higher number, so the wait will be longer. The lower the number the faster it is built and shipped. I was at a 12 and it should (Fingers crossed) be here next week (Subject to change) so that will make it 7 weeks.
Old 7/5/12, 05:43 PM
GT Member

oh great i have a 14..................ugh
Old 7/5/12, 06:04 PM
GT Member

Joe C.
Your dealer probably doesn't have enough allocation.
Old 7/5/12, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer has a mustang allocation...ordered on 5/31...priority 10...no vin yet
Old 7/5/12, 09:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fasrnu
Right there with you bud, same date, priority 11 code though, dealer doesn't want to do anything to help get the car built. If to long of wait, will cancel and order a 14.
Old 7/5/12, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
My dealer has a mustang allocation...ordered on 5/31...priority 10...no vin yet
If you ordered 5/31 and no VIN yet.. Something is dead wrong I tell you. I ordered 5/24 and my car is due to me soon. Built 6/20
Old 7/5/12, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by GreenCars
If you ordered 5/31 and no VIN yet.. Something is dead wrong I tell you. I ordered 5/24 and my car is due to me soon. Built 6/20
I agree that something is wrong. But then again it probably comes down to allocation. I ordered my Boss back in February but I knew it was going to be a second quarter build. As soon as it was allocated it took a total of 5-6 weeks for it to arrive at my dealer.
Old 7/6/12, 12:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hoping it pans out for you all an arrives in your hands soon!
Old 7/6/12, 06:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys, the OP ordered it from me, and these cars are for some reason tight night now, in the region. Don't ask me why, but they are. I've done everything I can (as has my fleet manager) in regards to emailing our rep to get it built sooner. I only wish I could snap my fingers and get it here quicker. But I can't Joe, I will get you your car, even if I have to build it myself!!
Old 7/6/12, 06:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
This is normal, jocatch. Also, remember the plant was closed this week.

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Hmmm I ordered my grabber gt premium vert on 6/18 and had a vin in 10 days... Eta is 7/26
I can track your order for you, TheDivaDanielle. Just PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

Originally Posted by MikeD73USA
Right there with you bud, same date, priority 11 code though, dealer doesn't want to do anything to help get the car built. If to long of wait, will cancel and order a 14.
There is nothing holding up your order, MikeD73USA and there is nothing else your dealer can do at the moment. The plant is closed this week, so it seems like the wait is even longer.

For future reference, orders are scheduled based the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. I hope this explains it a little for you guys.

Deysha
Old 7/6/12, 07:16 AM
Cobra Member

Deysha,

on the dealer allocation for each production week...this confuses me a little...my dealer says they have allocation for a mustang, how do these 2 things mesh?...is there something i can ask my dealer to make sure this is correct?

originally my dealer gave me 6-8 weeks...which i am right at 5 now and i am getting concerned that this order will take forever to get pulled

Last edited by CHDS PNY; 7/6/12 at 07:18 AM.
Old 7/6/12, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
Deysha,

on the dealer allocation for each production week...this confuses me a little...my dealer says they have allocation for a mustang, how do these 2 things mesh?...is there something i can ask my dealer to make sure this is correct?

originally my dealer gave me 6-8 weeks...which i am right at 5 now and i am getting concerned that this order will take forever to get pulled

Like I said you ordered shortly after mine and you still have yet to see a VIN or a build date or even a Window sticker. Are you sure its ordered at all?
Old 7/6/12, 07:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was at my dealer on tues looking at other cars, & since i already have my mustang he would have absolutely no reason to make stuff up..

He said ford cut mustang production 40% and they are having very hard time getting any right now and that only retail (type 1) orders are going through.
Old 7/6/12, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
Like I said you ordered shortly after mine and you still have yet to see a VIN or a build date or even a Window sticker. Are you sure its ordered at all?

yes its clean/unscheduled
Old 7/6/12, 08:55 AM

For future reference, orders are scheduled based the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. I hope this explains it a little for you guys.

Deysha[/QUOTE]

It sounds like the priority code on mine "19" might be an issue. Can the dealer change the priority code on an existing order and not loose the original order date?

Quick Reply: Tight Supply of Mustangs now?