Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Spring time changes!

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/15, 02:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Spring time changes!

So I had tossed around the idea of getting a 2015...just wanted something different but i think financially for me right now its best to stick with what I have.

So.....I think i will be making some appearance changes. Which includes Cobra R hood, wrapping the hood roof and trunk. Faux gas cap delete from RTR.

Update:

Got the rims in along with the vinyl wrap, roughly 35ft of it. Hood is on order.

IMG_20150216_145417 by MurerImages, on Flickr

As discussed in this thread thought about wrapping the rims as well, well today i picked up the vinyl and did a test to see what i could do with the rims. Turned out..decent. Some stuff im gonna have to patch up that will be hard to see anyway. I think they look great.

IMG_20150216_172117 by MurerImages, on Flickr

did a ghetto mock up.

IMG_20150216_172711 by MurerImages, on Flickr

-----march edit-----------

well after getting the hood and vinyl i went on a snowboarding trip for a week. This past monday i was able to get to work on the hood. I was a bit worried that i wouldn't be able to do this myself and have to take it in so i told myself i was gonna give it one attempt and not go through a lot of vinyl. I also had help from a friend who has zero experience but a second set of hands is useful. Also the roll of vinyl i got is 5ftx 35ft.. the hood is just barely long enough. So the corners where the hinges are, made 2 seams to give myself more working room at the front of the hood where there will be more attention.

First attempt went great, pretty much looks awesome.

so here we go as far as the hood goes. It will be going on in a couple weeks whenever i can pull the stripes off the roof and trunk. Plus i want it to warm up a bit outside.

----------------------------

march update

alright mostly done. Still left to do is get the new wheels mounted to the summer tires then put on the car. And the faux gas cap repainted and reinstalled.

Last edited by rmurer; 3/22/15 at 07:02 PM.
Old 1/31/15, 02:53 PM
Cobra R Member

The rims.

Old 1/31/15, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know what type of skills you have or how much patience, but might I suggest wrapping the roof, trunk, and hood yourself?
You'll save a couple hundred bucks, and you can find some quality wrap on EBay.
Pay $50 for the roll of wrap.
You and a buddy park in a garage and grab a hair dryer and an extension cord and go at it. You'll have a lot more satisfaction that way too
Old 1/31/15, 06:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Oh yes i should have mentioned that for just the hood roof and trunk ill be doing it myself
Old 1/31/15, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about wrapping from the top body line up? If you're doing the top panels, I think just bringing it down slightly to the body crease makes for a really nice modern two tone look.
Old 1/31/15, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Have you considered sticking with your Green theme?
Old 1/31/15, 11:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 14Glassback
Have you considered sticking with your Green theme?
I have and i want to go a different route.
Old 2/1/15, 01:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer

Any input on the wrap?
Something like this Koi orange might look good.

Old 2/1/15, 07:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TommyV
Something like this Koi orange might look good.

oo i do like that, how would you describe that color? maybe more a redish orange? There are a few options out there for a matte orange.
Old 2/1/15, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm in the same situation with my black stang. I want to do something different, but I haven't decide on a vinyl color. I have ordered various color samples and I have to decide my layout. I plan on ordering knife less tape to help with the design.
Other issue I'm having is finding the RTR deck panel, I've emailed various vendors and no one knows when it will be back in stock. If nothing else, I'm gonna buy the CDC panel and fill in the grooves and paint it or wrap it.
I like your idea of the blue cf or even a red.
Old 2/1/15, 12:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Blown CS
I'm in the same situation with my black stang. I want to do something different, but I haven't decide on a vinyl color. I have ordered various color samples and I have to decide my layout. I plan on ordering knife less tape to help with the design.
Other issue I'm having is finding the RTR deck panel, I've emailed various vendors and no one knows when it will be back in stock. If nothing else, I'm gonna buy the CDC panel and fill in the grooves and paint it or wrap it.
I like your idea of the blue cf or even a red.
Yeah im planning on order some samples when it starts to get a little warmer and less....snowy here haha.

I guess im going for a color combo that isn't AS common. but the blue could work well i think.

I didn't take into account the availability of the deck lid. I would email RTR directly and see what they say.
Old 2/1/15, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
What about wrapping from the top body line up? If you're doing the top panels, I think just bringing it down slightly to the body crease makes for a really nice modern two tone look.
i might end up doing this, i have considered it.
Old 2/1/15, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i might end up doing this, i have considered it.
It sounds like a good idea. I like the two tone of classic muscle cars or pro touring that people that!
What about silver and orange?
Wine red and matte white?
Old 2/1/15, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Rims ordered... yet wont be on the car for a couple months lol but the best price i could find on a website was 1030$ shipped. for a staggered pair.

ebay same setup. 830$ shipped. Had to do it.
Old 2/2/15, 04:05 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I been thinking of doing the same thing, there is a shop around us I heard about that does a great job that I wanted to check out. Don't remember their name at the moment.
Old 2/2/15, 06:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tbone004
I been thinking of doing the same thing, there is a shop around us I heard about that does a great job that I wanted to check out. Don't remember their name at the moment.
yeah 2 shops i managed to get a quote from wanted 3k$ so i'm just gonna do the partial myself.
Old 2/6/15, 08:00 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, that is pricey. Would like to check it out if you decide to do it.

Was hoping to catch you at Mustang Alley last summer to check out your car, but I didn't see you. But I didn't get to the alley on Saturday, but was at all the other events.
Old 2/6/15, 08:36 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oo i do like that, how would you describe that color? maybe more a redish orange? There are a few options out there for a matte orange.
I would describe it as Burnt Orange, but what the manufacturer calls it? who knows.
Old 2/6/15, 09:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by CriticalmassGT
I would describe it as Burnt Orange, but what the manufacturer calls it? who knows.
yeah i ordered a bunch of samples that i will be posting up as soon as i get them. Also got some just basic matte blue samples as well.
Old 2/8/15, 08:06 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Russ... I'm torn on this front. I know you're going for bold, and that's more your style and I can appreciate that. For me, teetering the line between subtle and sinister is mine

That being said, of the options you have listed (Orange, gold, blue) for the wrap, I'm partial to blue for obvious reasons. Sounds like you wanted to switch from your green theme? I think the gold would also look good though. Black and gold or black and blue. Hmmmm maybe gold would have more pop. I don't care for the Orange, personally.

As for the wheels I can't see the pic. The link shows blank.

Quick Reply: Spring time changes!