Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My/Our S197 versus the 2017 Camaro (side by side)

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/16, 09:49 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
For some people, faster doesn't matter. They buy the one they want to drive.

For others, faster STOCK doesn't matter because they don't plan to keep it stock.

The group that want it because it is faster stock vs stock is actually pretty small, apparently.
I agree Kane - that's why I don't care for autotragic trannies, nor for the fact that it's faster in all aspects. Don't care. I want what is FUN to drive. And that's a stick all the way for me.

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Ever since the redesign was first introduced with the transformers movie, the headlight gap in the front grill has gotten narrower and narrower. Take a front-on picture of each iteration since that point, flip them really fast front to back and you'll swear it looks like the **** thing is trying its hardest to fall asleep. You can practically hear it snoring already.

First thing I thought when I saw the side shot was, "wow, that looks a lot like an S550."
that's exactly what I said right away, and then I showed my wife, and she said the same thing! "They copied your mustang!".

Yep. They did. LOL.

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Not to mention the percentage of people who actually track their cars, whether drag or road course, is probably around 5% to 10% max. Style is far more important and people looking at Camaros see the same car that's been around since 2009, and even earlier than that when you think about seeing it in the Transformers movies, and it's tired by now.
Agree also. I'll never track my car. Purely a grocery getter and car show car. lol.
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (8/18/16)
Old 8/18/16, 09:56 AM
I Have No Life

fyi, I updated the 1st post with more pics that I forgot to upload yesterday. It was the stupid phone app. I fixed it.
rpoppertdomi (8/18/16)
Old 8/18/16, 11:17 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I agree Kane - that's why I don't care for autotragic trannies, nor for the fact that it's faster in all aspects. Don't care. I want what is FUN to drive. And that's a stick all the way for me.
Burton ! No offense, but I don't care how fast or lighter the 6th gen Camaro is over the Mustang.. In the end, it's still a Crapmaro.. Nor would I want one even in a 6 speed manual gearbox..

IMO the 6th gen Camaro has changed very little compared with the previous 5th gen with the exception of the lighter ATS/Alpha platform and improved performance..

Other than that, the Camaro still has very poor visibility, especially the rear and still feels as though your sitting inside of a bunker(high waist beltline) lol.

The S550 Mustang on the other hand, is light years ahead of the Camaro in practically every other category including a much better/refined and comfortable interior, superior visibility, has a sleeker profile, handles cornering just as well as the Camaro with it's new IRS and most of all, the S550 platform is completely all new from the ground up and have seen nothing but positive reviews ever since it was introduced over 2 years ago..

As for the 6th gen Camaro, it just doesn't appeal to me just as it's previous 5th gen model didn't either.. That being said, I'll take the S550 and previous S197 Mustang over the 6th gen Crapmaro hands down anytime..

that's exactly what I said right away, and then I showed my wife, and she said the same thing! "They copied your mustang!".

Yep. They did. LOL.
What else is new when it comes to GM lol.

Agree also. I'll never track my car. Purely a grocery getter and car show car. lol.
My 06 is strictly a show/cruise car only

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/18/16 at 11:44 AM.
rpoppertdomi (8/18/16)
Old 8/18/16, 03:00 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by 88lx50
Sit in it. Your opinion of it might change. I found the interior to be cramped and claustrophobic with terrible sight lines out the back.
^^This!
People are still saying that the new Camaro has blind spots all over the place.

First thing I thought when I saw the side shot was, "wow, that looks a lot like an S550."
Too funny Matt.
Maybe that's why I like the side shot of the Camaro best!

Last edited by Stage_3; 8/18/16 at 05:12 PM.
rpoppertdomi (8/18/16)
Old 8/18/16, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the side profile, but the rear is just uglier than the 5th gen, and the big lower grill on the front just makes me think of the new Camrys too much.

Also doesn't seem like its selling around here in NYC, there are so many s550 Mustangs here now, have barely seen any new Camaros. The 5th gen Camaros however are all over compared to the 10-14 s197 stangs.
rpoppertdomi (8/18/16)
Old 8/20/16, 05:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like all the muscle cars out there! Considering a charger scat when the next child comes! Something about the new Camaro in black catches my attention when I see it on the street, the other colors make it look blah to me. Your car looks great Burton!
Old 8/20/16, 10:46 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Ever since the redesign was first introduced with the transformers movie, the headlight gap in the front grill has gotten narrower and narrower. Take a front-on picture of each iteration since that point, flip them really fast front to back and you'll swear it looks like the **** thing is trying its hardest to fall asleep. You can practically hear it snoring already.

Same for me. The camaro is going through an identity crisis.
Old 8/24/16, 01:39 PM
SVS
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 8/24/16, 03:17 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by SVS

Yours?
Old 8/24/16, 03:27 PM
SVS
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yours?
Yep, The Silver Shaker that has the driveline vibration.
Old 8/24/16, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not crazy about the styling and I know you can't see out of it, but I'd trade my car for a new ZL1 in a heartbeat.(if I could afford it.) 650 HP, 10 speed auto (shifts like a DC), 3.5 0-60, HUD, Recaro's, etc.

Old 8/25/16, 06:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyV
I'm not crazy about the styling and I know you can't see out of it, but I'd trade my car for a new ZL1 in a heartbeat.(if I could afford it.) 650 HP, 10 speed auto (shifts like a DC), 3.5 0-60, HUD, Recaro's, etc.
If I got a ZL1, I'd definitely have to replace the front bumper with the SS one. Just waaaaay too much going on with that ZL1 bumper. Looks pretty bad IMO. I do think the new Camaro looks a LOT more modern than the S197, especially after seeing the two together.
Old 8/25/16, 06:42 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by SVS
Yep, The Silver Shaker that has the driveline vibration.
Ah, I meant the Crapmaro... wasn't sure if that was yours or a friend's or a stranger's

Originally Posted by TommyV

Tommy - wow, thanks for posting that. See, now that, looks hawwwwwwt to me. I actually much like that over the S550. Not over the S197, no way. But over the S550? Heck yes. Like I said in my first post, in a weird way, I really like the new Crapmaro body style. Call me crazy.
Old 8/25/16, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
If I got a ZL1, I'd definitely have to replace the front bumper with the SS one. Just waaaaay too much going on with that ZL1 bumper. Looks pretty bad IMO. I do think the new Camaro looks a LOT more modern than the S197, especially after seeing the two together.
Just as the S550 looks a lot more modern than the S197, as it was both Ford and GM's intention to move towards a more modern direction over the previous retro styling of the 5th gen Camaro and S197 Mustang..

However IMO, even the previous 5th gen Camaro had more of a modern look where as the S197 and Challenger clearly have the retro styling look..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/25/16 at 11:11 AM.
Old 8/25/16, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Is the OP calling it a "Crapmaro" purely because it's not a Mustang? Has he ever even driven a Camaro? Talk about closed minded!!!

Someone ask for me because he blocked me on here

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 8/25/16 at 12:48 PM.
Old 8/25/16, 01:19 PM

The OP didn't start referring to it as Crapmaro until after seeing my posts and yes, I have driven it.. Needless to say, my opinion still hasn't changed

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/25/16 at 01:21 PM.
Old 8/25/16, 02:09 PM
I Have No Life

Is the OP calling it a "Crapmaro" purely because it's not a Mustang? Has he ever even driven a Camaro? Talk about closed minded!!!

Dan, I'm going to address your posts in an attempt to shed some light for you.

For the record, I didn't "block" you or change any setting so that I don't see your posts. I still do.

However, I am choosing to deliberately ignore your posts. And since it can't be hidden anymore, I'll tell you why. As I stated in a prior thread that started all of this: I just find certain posts from certain people of very little to NO VALUE to me or this forum.

Does that explain it? Sorry to be blunt, but apparently you still don't get it.

What I don't appreciate however, is you continually coming into my threads and bad mouthing me for whatever reason you have. If you continue to do so, I will let the mods know, and they'll put a stop to it. I've tried to ignore you but this has to stop. I don't appreciate your comments nor your tone.

And for the record, you attempting to claim I'm "closed minded", you have no idea what I have or have not done. I can call a Camaro whatever I want, whenever I want. And yes I did test drive a Camaro, several times, I even have friends who have them which I have driven. Also did you not read the thread that I actually like Crapmaros?

Again, enough with the commentary. If you don't like me or my threads, leave me, my posts, and my threads alone. This forum needs an up boost in quality. Don't derail our efforts on making it so.
Old 8/25/16, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, you're wrong. I've never once bad-mouthed you, but if you think I have, you might want to get some thicker skin buddy. Don't take everything so seriously. But you're entitled to your own opinion!
Old 8/25/16, 07:28 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Ah, I meant the Crapmaro... wasn't sure if that was yours or a friend's or a stranger'sTommy - wow, thanks for posting that. See, now that, looks hawwwwwwt to me. I actually much like that over the S550. Not over the S197, no way. But over the S550? Heck yes. Like I said in my first post, in a weird way, I really like the new Crapmaro body style. Call me crazy.
Ok CRAZY!!!
Old 8/25/16, 08:22 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

It's not close minded if you actually like it.

It's like saying I like Asian chicks. Some
May take that as racist. But as Seinfeld said its not racist of you say you like them.

Quick Reply: My/Our S197 versus the 2017 Camaro (side by side)